Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
True detective
    #22018891 - 07/30/15 09:13 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

im sure some of you are watching this show, i loved the first season, not sure why they changed to all new actors but i guess its not the first show to do that.  I guess i just really liked woody and mchony.

anyways is it just me, or is it really hard to follow all the evidence, names, and all that shit?

its way worse in season 2, i find myself wondering what in the hell is going on, it seems so hard to follow it anyone else having that problem?

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: True detective [Re: makaveli8x8] * 2
    #22018902 - 07/30/15 09:15 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

The problem is you're high and you're not paying attention

--------------------

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: True detective [Re: Patlal]
    #22018925 - 07/30/15 09:20 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

nah patlal

this season fuckin sucks. i stopped watching after the second episode. it was so fuckin bad i just had to stop

ballers and The Brink are solid shows tho

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Offlinemakaveli8x8
Stranger
Male User Gallery
Re: True detective [Re: Patlal]
    #22018927 - 07/30/15 09:21 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

well look at first season, he had that picture on the wall, of the face. i don't ever remember where he got it from, then they talked about the ears and why they were green.  thats one example but what really bugs me is all the names, i can't put faces to the names and they keep adding new names i dunno

--------------------
We were sent to hell for eternity :hellfire: Ø:omgawesome:h®
We play on earth to pass the time :foreheadslap:

Over-population the root of all Evil-brings the Elites Closer to the gates.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Loc: Texas
Re: True detective [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #22019662 - 07/30/15 12:39 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

As a whole, the season, IMO, has been a major disappointment compared to the first season. Colin Farrell has been serviceable, but nothing special. Vince Vaughn doesn't fit this mobster role and is overacting. McAdams is meh. The in the closet gay dude is meh. The interweaving storyline is too complex. I'm not saying a show needs to be dumbed down for the general audience to like it -- but in an 8 episode season -- a too complex storyline leaves little time to develop a real care for the story, and likewise its characters. Now it is getting better (last episode was pretty good), but we're already down to the end (just 2 episodes left I believe).

Season 1 was a monster. Matthew McConaughey was a beast in season 1. Harrelson was good. The storyline & setting was a level or 2 better.

Sometimes you can overdo things in an effort for something epic -- and it backfired. I think that has been the case this season, and when you look at the overwhelming majority opinion on the season, it pretty much says just that.

I'll finish the series out but this wasn't even in the same ballpark (or galaxy for that matter) as season 1.

--------------------

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: True detective [Re: Nifflerz]
    #22019691 - 07/30/15 12:44 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

i homestly feel like whoever did the story for S2 was cocky as fuck and thought he could get like super cute about it

first episode had like a retarded amount of info in it and like jusy had zero flow

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: True detective [Re: Bassfreak]
    #22019723 - 07/30/15 12:50 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:
i homestly feel like whoever did the story for S2 was cocky as fuck and thought he could get like super cute about it

first episode had like a retarded amount of info in it and like jusy had zero flow

Yeah I agree 100%. They wanted epic, which is fine, but instead it's been an overload of storyline(s), which has caused a large part of the season 1 audience to lose interest. Everybody I talk to who was a fan of season 1 has said either

a) I'm still watching but barely care what's going on anymore

or

b) I quit watching altogether

Sometimes less is more.

--------------------

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#22019736 - 07/30/15 12:54 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

after the 2nd episode i was like wow i cant do this anymore

and i rarely give up on shows like this so early but it was just so bad i had to

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineCHeifM4sterDiezL
Chief Globerts

Loc: United States Flag
    #22019880 - 07/30/15 01:31 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I watched the first season when i came out. I wasnt even aware there was a second season.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: True detective [Re: makaveli8x8]
    #22019908 - 07/30/15 01:40 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I did with the first and maybe second episodes, but not anymore. Was just way too much shit going on, it's like we started the series already halfway in when all the facts had already been established.

This season sucks though. First season was spectacular, I was holding out hope they'd be able to recreate the magic in the second one but when I found out it was going to be all new characters I kinda knew this was going to happen.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
    #22019954 - 07/30/15 01:54 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Bassfreak said:
nah patlal

this season fuckin sucks. i stopped watching after the second episode. it was so fuckin bad i just had to stop

Same here. Literally tried to watch the second episode 2-3 times now and just can't get through more than 15 minutes.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: True detective [Re: daytripper05]
    #22019962 - 07/30/15 01:57 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

It does start getting better after the 3rd or 4th episode. Season still all around sucks though.

--------------------
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

Invisibledaytripper05
Psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: In my garden
Re: True detective [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22019967 - 07/30/15 01:58 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Yeah, i'm just not going to waste my time on a show that is mediocre at best. I'm pretty over the whole detective genre anyway. Seriously, now many shows do we need about murders and cops.

Offlinekoods
Ribbit
Male User Gallery

Loc: Maryland/DC Burbs
    #22020186 - 07/30/15 02:48 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Boring. Stopped watching in the middle of episode 3.

--------------------
NotSheekle said
“if I believed she was 16 I would become unattracted to her”

OfflineShining Cosmos
Space Nomad
Male

Loc: PHX
Re: True detective [Re: koods]
    #22020321 - 07/30/15 03:16 PM (8 years, 7 months ago)

I enjoy it. Obviously not as good as season 1. It's taking way too long to figure out wtf is going on and Vince Vaughn's monologues with his wife are horrendous. It does get better but I agree that it's too complicated with too many moving parts. I'll still finish though. It's not bad....just not as good as season 1.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

#22022676 - 07/31/15 12:07 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

daytripper05 said:
I'm pretty over the whole detective genre anyway. Seriously, now many shows do we need about murders and cops.

I get what you're saying, but I will say this -- True Detective cops aren't your run of the mill television detectives. The detectives in this series -- from McConaughey's character, to Woody Harrelson's character, and to Colin Farrell's character...I mean these dudes got some SERIOUS fucking vices.

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #22022693 - 07/31/15 12:16 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

is the story between the two seasons connected in some relevant way?

i heard so many good things about True Detective. :sad: oh well, one season is better than nothing and it was the first one and it was a complete story, no? than that's great. it's hard to top something like that. if there is a new story and new character's every season, than the show can be good if it uses the right chops.

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: True detective [Re: akira_akuma]
    #22022714 - 07/31/15 12:26 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
is the story between the two seasons connected in some relevant way?

i heard so many good things about True Detective. :sad: oh well, one season is better than nothing and it was the first one and it was a complete story, no? than that's great. it's hard to top something like that. if there is a new story and new character's every season, than the show can be good if it uses the right chops.

Nope, the story from season 1 is not connected in any way to season 2. It's an anthology series. I like the concept of introducing a new environment, new cast, and new storyline each season -- I think that's a great idea & keeps things fresh.

But for whatever reason season 2 just hasn't worked out. The cast, the chemistry, going overboard with the complexity of the storyline...it's just not working. But who am I to say -- give it a shot and you may like it, who knows.

--------------------

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt

Re: True detective [Re: akira_akuma]
    #22022722 - 07/31/15 12:30 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

No the two seasons have noting at all to do with each other. Literally the only thing that connects them is the title of "True Detectives". There's not even a vague reference that the two seasons exist in the same Universe.

If you haven't watched the first season, DO IT! The chemistry present in that season was just amazing.

Second one it just has no magic at all. They have crammed so much going in every episode it can be difficult to even understand what is going on. Imagine taking 3 or 4 seasons of a typical show and cramming them into a single season, while still having only 8 hour long episodes, and that pretty much explains it. The acting isn't all that great, either. Just about the only thing "worthy" is Colin's character. Rest is mediocre at best, story line is mediocre at best.

Honestly I feel the downfall for this season can be laid almost solely on the ambitious nature of it. They are trying WAY too hard to create the magic the first season had. If they had pulled it back a few notches and had time to focus more on a smaller set of threads, they could have in all probability, made something that was at least on par with the first season. Instead they decided to take the word "overreaching" and shove a nuclear reactor up it's ass.

--------------------

InvisibleNifflerz
Male User Gallery

Re: True detective [Re: Shroomslip]
    #22022750 - 07/31/15 12:41 AM (8 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
If you haven't watched the first season, DO IT! The chemistry present in that season was just amazing.

Yes. This. Season 1 was fucking epic.

Quote:

Shroomslip said:

Second one it just has no magic at all. They have crammed so much going in every episode it can be difficult to even understand what is going on. Imagine taking 3 or 4 seasons of a typical show and cramming them into a single season, while still having only 8 hour long episodes, and that pretty much explains it. The acting isn't all that great, either. Just about the only thing "worthy" is Colin's character. Rest is mediocre at best, story line is mediocre at best.

Honestly I feel the downfall for this season can be laid almost solely on the ambitious nature of it. They are trying WAY too hard to create the magic the first season had. If they had pulled it back a few notches and had time to focus more on a smaller set of threads, they could have in all probability, made something that was at least on par with the first season. Instead they decided to take the word "overreaching" and shove a nuclear reactor up it's ass.

100% on point, I agree with virtually every single thing you stated.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom