Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Anonymous

Re: Are my shrooms gonna grow?
    #21936 - 06/24/00 07:03 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

first off when the jars were colonizing did you have them top up or bottom up?

because it looks like to me that you had them top up and when you birthed the cake you just flipped the jar over and left the cake on the lid, the shrooms in your pic seem to be growing down instead of up you probably didn't know that which ever way you had them when they were colonizing is the same way they have to be for fruiting this should help up the yeild a bit

also i would sugest casing your 1 cake you would get a larger flush

and lastly please provide more details on you growing conditions

such as...
type of humidification
amount of humidification
tempature of terrarium
type of substrate used
how often are you ventilating
amount of light cake recives

just to name a few please respond and i will see if i can help you further

------------------
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"

Sir. Twinkus

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

#21938 - 06/24/00 07:42 PM (23 years, 8 months ago)

Yes I just dumped the cake out of the jar, so should I turn it right side up? I just birthed it about a 5-6 days ago. Its in a perlight humidity dome, and I ventilate it about 3 times a day. The light I use is a 400 watt metal halid, but it has an opaque cover on the terrarium, so it doesnt get full intensity. Should I case it yet? or can I just inject some distilled water in the center of the cake, to rehydrate it? Its about 80 degrees, but I dont know the humidity. It gets 12 hours of light per day.
-Krash_X

Anonymous

#21939 - 06/25/00 10:01 AM (23 years, 8 months ago)

light isn't big factor you actually need very little but i just wanted to make sure they were getting some light to initiate pinning (usually the rule is if you can see them than there is enough light)

it might be to late to case, im not exactly sure on that question (try starting a new topic on that)

yes you should turn it right side up that will make them grow the right way

your temp sounds a little high for that strain try lowering the temp to apox 68-72 deg.(approx room temp) it may help initiate pinning then once you have pinns try uping the temp a bit

you souldn't have to rehydrate the cake isn't very old and if you do case the casing material should be moist enough where that is not a problem

a good way to tell your humidity it to look at the water collecting on the side of terr. if there is almost no water or a very lite misting your hum. is to low and if there is water running down the sides every few seconds then it is to high, proper humidification usually has water collected on the side of there terr. with a few drips every couple minutes or so

------------------
"Believe none of what you hear and only half of what you see"

Sir. Twinkus

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   North Spore Bulk Substrate