Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' * 1
    #21854379 - 06/25/15 09:53 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Convicted bomber gives first public statement since 2013 attack
Judge formally sentences Tsarnaev to death
Court hears moving and defiant speeches from victims and family members

http://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2015/jun/24/dzhokhar-tsarnaev-boston-marathon-bombing-survivors-speak

Quote:

“I would like to now apologize to the victims, to the survivors,” he told a Boston court shortly before being formally sentenced to death for the bombing. “I want to ask forgiveness of Allah and his creation.”

He added: “I am sorry for the lives I have taken, for the suffering that I have caused you, for the damage I have done – irreparable damage.

“In case there is any doubt, I am guilty of this attack, along with my brother,” Tsarnaev said, standing at the defense table, referring to his older brother Tamerlan, killed during the manhunt that followed the bombing.

To the victims attending the hearing at the US district court, he said: “I pray for your relief, for your healing.”

So I guess he is likely going to be put down.  I suppose it is for the best, I don't think someone like that could ever be trusted to re-enter society.  I'm still undecided if this apology is in any way genuine or if he is still just hoping to save his skin.  It seems like he is flaunting his religious beliefs in a pretty smug way when that was supposedly the same thing that lead to this, which irks me personally, but that isn't a crime in of itself.  The crime is that he killed and maimed innocent men women and children, which is why he must be held accountable.

Do you feel justice has been served?  What are your feelings regarding Dzhokhar Tsarnaev and his dead brother?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleSoupSandwich
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Lost
Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #21854417 - 06/25/15 10:04 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

He's a goner anyways, not sure what other purpose this apology could serve.

So, I'm guessing it's as genuine as possible for a young guy.

What do I know?

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: SoupSandwich]
    #21854432 - 06/25/15 10:10 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

As someone who was in Boston for the marathon the year before this happened I can't say I feel bad.

If my dad had been accepted into the marathon next year we would have been there when it happened most likely and my father could be dead right now.

I hope for his sake it is an honest apology though. Not that it will change things for him.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: musiclover420] * 2
    #21854466 - 06/25/15 10:19 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Im sure hes so sorry.  Fuck him, boil in pigs blood.

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: Herbologist]
    #21854485 - 06/25/15 10:23 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

he woulda been murdered in prison anyways

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21854497 - 06/25/15 10:25 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

that day was pretty scary tho

shit in bostom got real crazy. there were reports other acts of terrorism were happening like at the library too. subways got shut down and people couldnt leave the city for a while

they shut down cell phone towers too so nobody outside of boston was able to contact their friends/family inside the city

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

InvisibleRobo
R Series 66Y
Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: moonrockmushy] * 1
    #21854502 - 06/25/15 10:27 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Whack this wannabe-Jihadi cocksucker slow and painful, ISIS style.

OfflineShroomslip
Architekt
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: moonrockmushy] * 1
    #21854536 - 06/25/15 10:37 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I don't see how he's flaunting his religion in a smug fashion. If a Christian had done this and asked for forgiveness from God you wouldn't say he was flaunting his religion, it's just some stupid thing people say to seem remorseful (if someone believes in God and truly wants forgiveness from God all they have to do is ask or go tell a preacher, the only purpose telling a courtroom full of people something like that is to make yourself look better).

As for my feelings on him, I don't really care to be honest. I know I'm supposed to be all like "OMG he's a terrorist piece of shit do all kinds of horrible things to him" but nope. He could die today or rot in prison for the rest of his life and it wouldn't make any difference to me. Once he was caught you already knew his life was over one way or another. It's not as if he stood any chance of being found not guilty. I know we have due process and that everyone has to be treated according to it, but honestly the trial was a colossal waste of time. Should've just stamped "Guilty" on his forehead as he was being put in the patrol car and jumped straight to sentencing.

--------------------
With my face against the floor I can’t see who knocked me out of the way.
I don’t want to get back up but I have to so it might as well be today.
Nothing appeals to me no one feels like me, I’m too busy being calm to disappear.
I’m in no shape to be alone contrary to the shit that you might hear.

You can't wake up, this is not a dream. You're part of a machine, you are not a human being
With your face all made up, living on a screen. Low on self esteem, so you run on gasoline

InvisibleShins
Fun guy
Male User Gallery

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21854554 - 06/25/15 10:42 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Probably coached

--------------------
http://yourlogicalfallacyis.com/

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: Shroomslip]
    #21854598 - 06/25/15 10:53 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomslip said:
I don't see how he's flaunting his religion in a smug fashion.

That is totally just a personal judgement, and all I'm really basing that on is what I've read in articles.  I kinda felt the same about some of the victims and their families statements', but many were also well thought out and poignant, and I felt it would be inappropriate to say that given the circumstances.  They are innocent people who are the victim of a terrorist attack, I can't resent them for what they believe.

He waived that right as far as I'm concerned when he started plotting to maim and kill innocent people.

I haven't seen any video of him speaking really this whole time, which is one thing I would have liked.  I don't see why they wouldn't let him release a video statement since all is said and done, just for the public record.  Maybe there are still possible appeals, or maybe he doesn't want to do that.

Has anyone seen video of him speaking?  I know there is alot of stuff they got leading up to the bombing that documents his radicalization, but in cases like this I still really feel the need to hear their account from their mouth, even if they come out and tell a lie or something like that.  I can't really say why I feel this is important, but when the public image of cases like this is so heavily controlled and restricted, it just bothers me.

Do you guys think that the way some cases are controlled like this is a good idea?  Is that better than making a spectacle of things?

I think the who no-photography/video in the court is ridiculous.

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: moonrockmushy]
    #21854600 - 06/25/15 10:54 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

guys stfu with this religion bullshit

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

OfflineManianFH
living in perverty
 User Gallery

#21854697 - 06/25/15 11:19 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

2 years or so in the pen can make a person think. But I will never trust someone who had done such a thing. His only saving grace will come from his relationship with God I suppose.

--------------------
notapillow said: "you are going about this endeavor all wrong. clear your mind of useless fear and concern. buy the ticket, take the ride, and all that.... "

ChrisWho said: "It's all about the journey, not the destination."

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
    #21854705 - 06/25/15 11:21 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I disagree with the death penalty, but I will admit that this guy probably deserves it more than most people on death row.

With that said, for some reason, there's a part of me that believes he's sorry, and I've always found it hard to shake the feeling that he is not nearly as culpable as his older brother was. I don't know why.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineHerbologist
Grrratata
I'm a teapot

Loc: Casa Bonita Flag
Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #21854718 - 06/25/15 11:25 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Hes not fucking sorry.  He wants idiots to feel bad for him :facepalm:

--------------------
Shroomery Law:  Don't piss off the leftist mods & their friends! :banhamster:

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: Herbologist]
    #21854775 - 06/25/15 11:40 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

Call me old fashioned but I just have a hard time making that call without looking him in the eye, even if it is a video.  Since I can't do that I am inclined to not believe him I guess, and it certainly makes it easier hearing that he's to be put to death I think.

I think he should go on Dr. Phil and sort this all out

OfflineBassfreak
ManBearPig
Male User Gallery

#21854794 - 06/25/15 11:44 AM (8 years, 8 months ago)

who cares if hes sorry, him being sorry doesnt change what happened

dudes gonna die

--------------------
Tom Brady is a God

Free Tom Brady

Invisiblemoonrockmushy
High on Spite
 User Gallery

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: Bassfreak]
    #21854865 - 06/25/15 12:06 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I agree, I just like to judge people based on how they say things, as well as what they say.

As far as I know he still could have appeals, he might die in prison before they get a chance to kill him given how most cases of this nature tend to drag out.  There isn't really any doubt though, he confessed, which I think does warrant some recognition as well as an apology if it is genuine, but I don't really feel like it is.  I think he is still under the influence of the same people who lead him and his brother to commit these inhuman acts.

InvisibleDieCommie

#21855036 - 06/25/15 12:50 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I don't believe he is sorry at all.  He is probably looking forward to raping virgins when he dies.

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: DieCommie]
    #21855053 - 06/25/15 12:53 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

It is all a conspiracy anyway.  $100 says he is a sleeper cell.

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

OfflinePatlal
You ask too many questions
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ottawa Flag
Re: Boston Marathon bomber Dzhokhar Tsarnaev: 'I am guilty and I am sorry' [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #21855076 - 06/25/15 12:56 PM (8 years, 8 months ago)

I don't care about that kid. He'll be dead soon anyway

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Unfolding Nature Shop: Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order