Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
A legal cultivar of cubensis possible?
    #2181763 - 12/16/03 05:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

This is primarily about American law, but also Canadian, and international law...

Would it be possible to isolate a clone of cubensis that produced absolutely no illegal substances?

If so then (in America as I understand the law) this clone could be legally circulated, and cultivated. This would, I believe, furthur the science of Psilocybe cubensis cultivation greatly. Many of our most talented people are unable to participate in the cubensical sciences because they decided that the legal risks were too great.

I think if you think about it for a moment, all kinds of benefits can be imagined that could be gained from the existance of a legal cultivar of cubensis.

Anyone care to guess how this might be done, and how low a psilocybin content is even possible in a cubensis?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Loc: Zone ate
Re: A legal cultivar of cubensis possible? [Re: Baby_Hitler] * 2
    #2181778 - 12/16/03 05:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What a horrible idea :frown:

--------------------
er

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: A legal cultivar of cubensis possible? [Re: G a n j a]
    #2181785 - 12/16/03 05:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I guess no one would be interested in a psylo mushroom without psylocybin. Thats like growing edibles that one cannot eat. The sense of cultivating that mushroom would get lost.

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Re: A legal cultivar of cubensis possible? [Re: ragadinks]
    #2181788 - 12/16/03 05:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

To me its stinks of the geneticly mutated opium poppys that don't produce opium :frown: that certain aggencies are spreading the pollen of around the fields of afghanistan :frown: in a bid to rid the world of heroin :frown:

It could easyerly spread back into wild populations of cubensis taking the magic away from them :frown:

--------------------
er

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2181789 - 12/16/03 05:40 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I am shocked at the lack of imagination here.

Do you both presume that there is no other reason to cultivate cubensis other than to get "fucked up"?

--------------------

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2181792 - 12/16/03 05:42 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That would not be an issue.

--------------------

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

Re: A legal cultivar of cubensis possible? [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2181794 - 12/16/03 05:43 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

how so?

--------------------
er

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

#2181796 - 12/16/03 05:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Are you aying that the us goverment couldnt use it as a tool ? against what they deem to be evil ?

--------------------
er

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2181811 - 12/16/03 05:57 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Even if such a cultivar were isolated, it's spores would still produce mushrooms that produce psilocybin. It would have to be distributed in the form of wedges and plates.

That would also mean that spore prints could be legally produced. The "strain" (spore descendants of the cultivar) might mutate and become stable over time. A new legal cultivar would probably have to be created to replace the old worn out stock.

--------------------

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

#2181870 - 12/16/03 07:18 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Seems to me more could be lost than what could be gained.

--------------------
er

InvisibleYesItsMe
Homeless GOHOME !...
Loc: Working for Piss ;...
    #2181876 - 12/16/03 07:23 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I find cubensis very decorative , so it could be an issue to legal cultivation .Poppies are legally cultivate in garden , so why not this fucking shrooms ?!!!
Laws must be respect , but we should respect people who learn by themself !

--------------------
God save the Queen

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2181885 - 12/16/03 07:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That's fine, but not what this thread is about.

This thread is about growing mushrooms with zero psilocybin, et. al. and how to go about doing it.

--------------------

InvisibleG a n j a
Pictish and proud
 User Gallery

#2181902 - 12/16/03 07:44 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I can send you an oyster culture if you like :grin:

--------------------
er

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2181913 - 12/16/03 07:51 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

There are significant differences. Pleurotus species cannot be presumed to behave identical to a cubensis in cultivation.

Sensitivity to oxygen and CO2 levels, nutritional requirements, reaction to temperature changes.

If you have a culture of pleurotus that behaves exactly as a cubensis then yes, I would be interested.

--------------------

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

#2181942 - 12/16/03 08:05 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

ok, you would use such a genetic mutant for studying the growth parameters of cubensis species. And then ? A lot of people are just studying the growth parameters with "real" cubensis. I think that alone would not be worth the effort. And who says that such a clone has really the same properties as a "real" cubensis. I am almost sure that this mutant won't have the same needs concerning the substrate it grows on. Since it does not produce psylocibin etc. it would not need the same nutrients.

--------------------
-> Errors Are A Great Source Of Knowledge <-
-> It Is Not Important WHO Is Right But WHAT Is Right <-

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
    #2181952 - 12/16/03 08:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It would not be a mutant, it would be an individual with specific traits.

A trait that would allow it to be studied scientifically in far greater detail than it currently now is.

I know of several experiments I would like to try, but I'm not in a position where I can take the chance on breaking the law. If there were legal cultivars (look it up) anybody could perform unlimited experiments on these cultivars.

It could be grown legally for harvesting spores that would probably still produce normal amounts of psilocybin.

--------------------

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2182133 - 12/16/03 09:43 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

That would also mean that spore prints could be legally produced.

i think you've come up with a great idea, for that reason alone.

legal cubensis mushrooms would probably allow the science of the mushroom to be advanced some as well, but i imagine that there would be no ground-breaking discoveries. when cultivating the cubensis mushroom, most cultivators are concerned with two main things: growth and potency.

two reasons why i think there isn't much to benefit from studying a legal strain of cubensis:

1. they have been studied in the past. we already know what is in them and how to grow them.

2. the most interesting studies would revolve around psilocybin content. a legal cubensis would make those studies impossible.

like i said, you have a good idea. i'd love to have some monster cubies growing in my front yard, without having to worry about the cops going rodney on me. i'd also love to be able to mass produce spore prints legally. it would also be nice to walk into a lab at my school with a cubensis culture and have fun cultivating there. if i knew how to do what you have in mind, i'd do it.

Quote:

I know of several experiments I would like to try, but I'm not in a position where I can take the chance on breaking the law.

well, what are they? some people here are in a position to experiment.

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A legal cultivar of cubensis possible? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #2182136 - 12/16/03 09:52 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Enrighing the oxygen levels in a terrarium, and using hydrated lime, and/or lye to remove CO2.

I'd like to study the dynamics of a closed system cubensis grow with supplemented oxygen.

Perhaps lime could be mixed with perlite and a circulation fan installed. Oxygen could be produced by decomposition of Hydrogen peroxide, or electrolysis of water. It may be nessisary to vent the Hydrogen produced by electrolysis.

--------------------

Invisibleeric_the_redS
Trans-male User Gallery

Loc: happy land
    #2182160 - 12/16/03 10:13 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

are you getting your ideas from a previous experiment or is this just something you thought up and wanted to try? if you came up with this, what gave you the idea?

a gas tank, along with a pressurized air system, could probably be used to circulate pure oxygen through a sealed terrarium. would that be overkill?

--------------------
Anno cock? is that some kind of Greek liqueur? -Geo's All Knowing Sex Slave

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: A legal cultivar of cubensis possible? [Re: eric_the_red]
    #2182200 - 12/16/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Who knows.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Bulk Substrate