Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Loc: Deep Elem
Approaching Girls
    #2169760 - 12/08/03 07:26 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I suppose I could post this in Support Group Central but I don't really need support.  I just want to share my story from today because writing about crappy experiences somehow makes me feel better.

I work at a mall so I see lots of hot girls every day.  But I never really cared about them because there was this one girl that caught my attention from day one that works at the nearby book store.  I mean she is amazing looking.  Long straight raven black hair, big piercing eyes, tall, nice body, the whole package.:loveeyes:    And I could tell she had a nice personality just by the way she dealt with customers.  So lately I've been spending part of my break in the book store just kind of observing her from afar and trying to muster up the courage to talk to her.  She was always so busy with customers that trying to start up a conversation was really difficult.  Well today I got up the courage to approach her with the intention of getting her phone number.  I had it all planned out.  First, I had to get her away from the counter where I could talk to her without her co-workers overhearing and without customers bothering her to buy their books.  So I come up to her to ask where books are on guitar chords and scales.  As I had hoped, she left her usual post from behind the counter and lead me to the music section.  She had to have known something was up because she always sees me in the store (we've made eye contact many times and exchanged smiles) and if I don't know where the music section is by now then I'm a complete idiot.  So then when I got her alone I made small talk by asking stuff like if it's been a busy day, how long she's been working here, etc.  She knew where I worked wihout having to tell her, which was a good sign.  We only talked for about half a minute because she had to get back but just as she was about to leave I told her I'd like to talk to her some more but we're both always so busy at our jobs so I'd like to call her some time.  And her reply was "I would but I don't think my fiance would be too happy about that."  Then she walked away.  Damn it she's engaged!  Talk about awkward.  If you're a single guy you gotta look for that ring I guess.  I never check to see if a girl has a ring or not, but then again I hardly ever approach girls out of the blue like I did today.  The holiday season is always the loneliest time for me but this year I'm actually trying to take action to change that.  But yeah that kinda ruined my day just because I've had my eye on this girl for a while now and I wanted so much for a miracle to happen.  :frown:

Just had to get that off my back.  I don't think I'll be hanging out much in the book store from now on.  :shake:

--------------------

Goin' where the water tastes like wine.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2169766 - 12/08/03 07:29 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Damn man that sucks. You know what you have to do now right, kill her fiance, put him in a wood chipper and go put the mack on. Mwahahhaha, jk dont do that. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Anonymous

#2169773 - 12/08/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

that sucks, dude.

least you gave it a try, a lot of guys dont have the balls to approach a girl like that.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2169775 - 12/08/03 07:32 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That's pretty good advice. First I have to follow her home from work some day to see where she lives. She'll lead me right to him.

But seriously, I have so much love to give but sometimes it seems impossible to find someone both worthy and willing to receive it.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2169784 - 12/08/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

But seriously, I have so much love to give but sometimes it seems impossible to find someone both worthy and willing to receive it.

same here.

OfflineRazz
Grim Reefer

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2169789 - 12/08/03 07:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I'm the same fucking way only i haven't built up the courage to do anything about it . I'm so lonely and its taken a random post at a drug site for me to realize this. Damn ironies weird.

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Razz]
    #2169823 - 12/08/03 07:45 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Damn bro.... I guess now that we are getting older we got to look for those lil things called rings. Oh well even If I see it I still would try I guess.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: ]
    #2169824 - 12/08/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

least you gave it a try, a lot of guys dont have the balls to approach a girl like that.

Yeah I figure that'll get me a little ahead in the game. Nothing ever happens and I realize it's because I don't take action and go after what I want. What happened today was good and bad. I got my heart stomped on but I think it made me a little more confident so hopefully it won't be too long unil I approach the next girl and pray for better luck.

But damn it wasn't easy for me today. It was right after my shift and I stood right outside the bookstore for a minute or two shaking in my boots thinking about how easy it would be to simply abort and go home. But I've aborted just about every day for the past several weeks with this girl and I always kicked myself later. I had had enough and decided to bight the bullet. I get really nervous about making first contact like that. I just don't have a lot of experience with it that's all. And I have an amazing fear of rejection.

--------------------

OfflineRazz
Grim Reefer

#2169843 - 12/08/03 07:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think if after the first time i should get confident but im not afraid of rejection everyone has to face that everyday but I just dont like confrontation especialy with people of the oppsite sex if i dont know them.

--------------------

Offlinenotapillow
I want to be a fisherman
 User Gallery

Loc: A rare and different tune
    #2169854 - 12/08/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i have nuthin in commen with any girls i no in my school or town
i was obsesed with 1 girl 4 about 4 years, but last year i kinda drifted away from her because it kinda dawned on me that she was an intolarible bitch.
at my new school i have no femail aqatanships at all.
but at leased u gave it ur all,i mean hell if it were me i would have been to shy to even talk to her
dont worry kc not al is lost

--------------------

Offlinephlow
    #2169917 - 12/08/03 08:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

No need to force it. It will come eventually, usually when you least expect it. Good start in the book store, lesson learned no harm done. I'd bet if she were single you'd have here number right now.

"Most of the cast that you meet on the streets speak of true love,
most of the time they're sitting and crying at home.
One of these days they know they gotta get going
out of the door and down out on the streets all alone."

Invisibledjfrog
omgws!!!1!

#2169937 - 12/08/03 08:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

fiances, pet in the car, pepper spray, these are all mental games she plays to see if you really love her or give up so easily.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: djfrog]
    #2169949 - 12/08/03 08:42 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah that crossed my mind. I never really did look to see if she had a ring after she told me that. Afterwards, I thought maybe I should have said something half jokingly like "Well come on it's not like you're married or anything." But if she made that up about being engaged and is gonna play games like that, then it's her problem because she's missing out on a good thing. I'll have no part in that.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2169960 - 12/08/03 08:47 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Just hold out a couple more years after she's married. By then she'll be getting tired of her husband and she'll be open to having affairs of all sorts.

Married chicks are easy.

Offlinekosmic_charlie
Truckin' in style
Male User Gallery

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: ]
    #2169985 - 12/08/03 08:57 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Yeah tell me about it. My friend has been having an affair with this married girl for at least six months now. The three of us have hung out before and it's really weird. The last time, her husband called to check up on her a couple times. She talked to him on the phone while being all touchy feely with my friend. It's fucked up. Seeing shit like that makes me never want to have a serious relationship. The husband does seem really pathetic though and I don't think she and her husband are even sleeping together any more but they still live together.

--------------------

OfflineDruginduced
Stranger
 User Gallery
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: kosmic_charlie]
    #2170249 - 12/08/03 10:35 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Offlinejustsmurfy
little bluetwerp

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Druginduced]
    #2177013 - 12/14/03 02:31 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I often wonder if women really understand how hard it is to approach some one. How many of you have had a woman approach you? If it's so easy and they're so liberated, why don't they do it more often? Why wait for the guy to initiate a relationship? My guess is that they find it as hard to come up with the courage as we do, but enjoy the benefits of having the male expected to have the balls to do something about it. Yeah, maybe I'm a bit bitter about being in a situation where I'm forced to approach women and deal with the strong possibility of rejection (both nerve wracking), but what ticks me off is that women act like it's an easy thing to do, or if you don't do it well, that you're a jackass. Rrrrrrr. Hypocrisy. Where the hell's spell check when I need it? I hope it's coming back.

-JustSmurfy

--------------------
Unsuitable for Human Consumption

Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
    #2177185 - 12/14/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

kosmic_charlie said:

same here, looks like this is a common problem :smirk:

OfflineRequiem
More Better

Loc: Hangin' out on the Sealab
Re: Approaching Girls [Re: stefan]
    #2177301 - 12/14/03 04:22 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

That happened to me once, but she still gave me her number. She still wanted to be friends and hang out, but it was fucking with my head to much. So I don't talk to her anymore. BTW, this happen when I was like 19 and the girl was 17.

--------------------

"I want your Soul.
I will eat your soul."
-Aphex Twin

:dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing: :blah: :dancing:

InvisibleZwieback0
Baby Bread
 User Gallery

Re: Approaching Girls [Re: Requiem]
    #2177401 - 12/14/03 05:28 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It seems like the perfect ones are always taken.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale