Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Loc: Alberta
body high but no visuals
    #2166485 - 12/07/03 12:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

okay, i have been having a recurring problem that I just do not understand. Everytime I do shrooms, no matter how much I take, I get barely any visuals. I just did mush this friday. I took about 4-5 grams, and after i started to feel it i called my freind and told her she was doing them too(not like she had a problem) so my dad drove me over there, and for real, the whole ride over there, it felt like i had not taken any at all. i was not having ANY visuals whatsoever. The most i ever get from visuals is swirling patters in a carpet or something, like if i STARE at something, i can kind of see it moving weirdly, but i never have clear cut visuals.

You might be thinking, well you just need to eat more or get better shrooms. I would think so too, except that whenever I do shrooms i have the most amazing body highs. i feel so good and awesome and I just wanna move around. I love this, and it alone makes the trip worthwhile, I guess im just curious as to why i get few visuals. always when i do shrooms with someone they always have more visuals then me, just looking around at things in awe, and Im just there like,"ummm yea".

i think this is probably the reason why i love being around people while on shrooms. when im on shrooms, i love going out and talking to random people or whatever, or even go dancing. i dont get tripped out on sights like my friends do, ijust feel really hyper and good, so i guess tahts a good thing but i guess back to my original question:
is there a logical reason that i dont get much visuals?could it just be my genes or something?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
Re: body high but no visuals [Re: kristina420]
    #2166553 - 12/07/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Are you sure the mushrooms you are taking are good? Thats the only thing i can think of, i guess some people just need more shrooms to trip, i know sometimes i'm that way. Try taking like 6 or 7 grams of some good ones, im sure you will have a good time. Peace.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

InvisibleSixCee
keep rolling
Male

Loc: US, Chicago
    #2166554 - 12/07/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Don't worry you're not alone. Several people report the same thing. I get visuals but not like most people describe them.

--------------------
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
-->The above statements may or not be true.
->Quote of the Moment :
"Yea. All bitches are whores who love sex." -Cubie
----> PMs checked daily.

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Re: body high but no visuals [Re: SixCee]
    #2166566 - 12/07/03 01:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes, im sure the mush is good, because of the intense body high. I HAVE done 6-7 grams, and it produced slightly more, but still the same general problem. when me and my friends do shrooms, we do the SAME shrooms, so if they are hardcore visualizing, then it must be good, i guess im just one of the unlucky ones that sixcee is talking about

--------------------

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
    #2166699 - 12/07/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Its called Tolerance. It is from doing shrooms too many times too close together.

Do not do them for a few months and thevisuals will come back. THis is common when the shrooms are eaten over and over again.

mj

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

#2166735 - 12/07/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont get visuals unless I go over 3 grams (morphing of walls and such).

I have a hard time seeing patterns unless Im dosed up near 4 grams.

Invisibledaussaulit
Forgetful

Loc: Earth
    #2166747 - 12/07/03 02:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

you only want to do mushrooms for visuals?

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Loc: Mod not God Flag
Re: body high but no visuals [Re: daussaulit]
    #2166775 - 12/07/03 02:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

A little pot helps the visuals... so does nature on a sunny day. Try closing your eyes... this is a great way to watch a light show... then when you open your eyes, the visuals are more present...

I used to have the same problem... mindset plays a part... so does the shrooms you take... setting is key. Meditation is also, helpful.

Once you learn to see visuals (again, pot really helps... if you can handle a good toke) they will be more evident during future trips.

Street shrooms are never as potent as their fresh counterparts... I sometimes have to eat over 7g dry cubes to get all encompasing visuals... and that is with GOOD cubes.

Finally, cubes are not as visual as society would have you think (before people disagree with me, cubes ARE very visual... but there are much more visual entheogens out there). Don't try to halucinate... eventually, you will be blown away by all consuming halucinations.

Good luck.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Edited by Rose (12/07/03 11:05 PM)

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: body high but no visuals [Re: Rose]
    #2166810 - 12/07/03 03:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

but there are much more visual enthogens out there

Like what? DMT comes to mind but that's about it, maybe tropanes but that's a diffent story... mescaline? doubt it. with all my experience with various chems I haven't experienced one, besides LSD, 4-ho-det is about even with shrooms but still not as visual, dpt maybe, but only with injection which I think injected psilocybin would rival.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
Loc: the brainforest
    #2166829 - 12/07/03 03:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

are you on any medications?
are you on any special diets?
do you eat food before you consume the mushrooms?
do you use heat (i.e. teas or soups) when consuming?
how old are the mushrooms?
how were they dried?
do you notice any tolerances with other substances?
are you overweight?
are the mushrooms all from the same source?

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

-Donald Rumsfeld 2/2/02 Pentagon

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2166943 - 12/07/03 04:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

On one trip I had, I didn't see much until I changed settings. At first I was in a room with my friends. I only saw some space distrotions and a few trails. I barely felt like I was tripping. Then I went outside and took a walk with my headphones on. I almost got lost on the road I have lived on for years. I could barely see anything other than visuals. Setting is key. That was on 4.4 grams.

Plus also being in the dark helps.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: body high but no visuals [Re: John]
    #2166979 - 12/07/03 04:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

DMT, Salvia, LSD (arguably).

Face it, mushrooms don't make you imagine you're talking to Mickey Mouse.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Offlinebeam
Re: body high but no visuals [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2166983 - 12/07/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I had a shroom milkshake and i got hardly any visuals at all but a good body high. Dairy products are thought to do this.

Music helps bring out visuals, as well as weed as someone mentioned i have found.

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: body high but no visuals [Re: beam]
    #2167301 - 12/07/03 06:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah pot is definitely recommended... I vaporized some the other night and what was a fairly non-visual trip became very, very visual even though I had begun vaporizing after the peak. Pot is what really kicks in the visuals for me... makes things more bizarre.

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
Re: body high but no visuals [Re: daussaulit]
    #2167303 - 12/07/03 06:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

um, no, if you had actually read the post you would see that i said that the feeling of my body and INSIDE was enough to make the trip worthwhile, and i am just curious as to why i dont get them and MJ, no, that isnt what it is. the first time i did shrooms was last december, the next time was in may of this year, the next time was in october, the last time was a few days ago. as you can see, these are very well spaced apart, and each time the same thing happened(or didnt happen should i say)

--------------------

Offlinekristina420
kronickrissy
    #2167311 - 12/07/03 06:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

also, pot seems to lessen my trips. my best shroom trip ever{also the one with the "most"(if you can even call it that)visuals}there was no pot involved. my last 2 trips i smoked pot and they werent as good as the other one. i think the problem may be that i have eaten before it, but come on, i dont eat THAT much before it, and why would i still get the body high then? no, im not overweight,on any special diets or whatever. lol...if i can handle a good toke.....sure can

--------------------

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2167354 - 12/07/03 07:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

please answer my questions so we can pinpoint what exactly is the problem. The background information you have provided so far is quite vague and limited, so it is unwise to think we can deduce the reason for this problem. thanks :thumbup:

By the way, even degraded and old mushrooms can produce a body buzz, so that is somewhat irrevelent.

--------------------
As we know, there are known knowns. There are things we know we know. We also know there are known unknowns. That is to say we know there are some things we do not know. But there are also unknown unknowns, the ones we don't know we don't know.

InvisibleXochitl
synchronicitycircuit
    #2167396 - 12/07/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Face it, mushrooms don't make you imagine you're talking to Mickey Mouse.

I have found mushrooms to be quite visual (not just of the "wow, tracers" variety, but of the true hallucinations kind). I have experimented with many natural entheogens as well as synthetics that are reported as being "visual" including: LSD, mescaline, ayahuasca, salvia, datura, yopo & cebil preparations, 2C-I, 2C-E, 2C-T-7, 2C-T-2, AMT, amanitas, 5meO, ibogaine, and ketamine. I must say that psilocybian mushrooms are characteristically visual - not necessarily the most, but I think most would agree they are near the top of the list. Mushrooms live up to their reputation, in my experience.

--------------------

OfflineRoseM
Devil's Advocate
Female User Gallery

Re: body high but no visuals [Re: Xochitl]
    #2167727 - 12/07/03 11:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, I would agree with you (Why did even I bother putting a disclaimer in that post?), but from a new tripper's perspective... visualizations are mild on shrooms. Many people have to learn to halucinate on shrooms... I did. Once you break through, they are very visual.

If you go in for the visualizations, you will be very disapointed.

If you go for spiritual reasons, the visuals will come.

--------------------
Fiddlesticks.

Anonymous

#2167742 - 12/07/03 11:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

So I knew this kid through High School. He was always AFOAF but we were chill. Just never in the same classes or anything. Anyhow, the summer after graduation (first time I did acid) I took 3 hits and so did he. I had the most visual, mind-blowing trip ever. Great intro to LSD. He "barely tripped at all" and the highlight was his body high and "the way [he] felt while lying on the lawn looking up at the stars".

We've eaten eighths of shrooms and quarters together. No visuals, no intense hallucinations on his end. Just body highs. He kept telling everyone who asked that he "just doesn't trip".

About two months ago, I had him give DXM a try. I had a pretty strong trip because I hadn't dosed in a while and felt a little unprepared for it. He did the same amount and needless to say, he gets visuals just fine now :cool: I remember him sitting there with his eyes closed just saying "holy shit, holy shit, holy shit" or "this is nuts" and "I think I'm clinically insane now, oh my god did you see that?"

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag