Home | Community | Message Board

World Seed Supply
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Loc: In a spore
This cake
    #2161282 - 12/05/03 11:58 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Well this cake i have is just starting to pin, and very well i might add! There are so many pins, probably 30+. I have a few questions because my last grow i didnt get past the pinning stage, cause my cake was murdered by a parent. I know these questions may be hard to answer without pics, but no fear i should have the pictures of this cake up a little later on today.

Here are my Q's:

-I have gotten the notion that this cake maybe a little dry, even though i did dunk before this first flush started. On one of the pins it looks like the pin is being born out of itself lol. What i mean is the stem cracked a little and it looks like the shroom is emerging out of the cracked stem. Would dunking again maybe for just 6-8 hours be a good idea? Could that hurt? Or is it just unnecessary?

-With so many pins, do you think most of them are going to abort? I don't mind if a bunch abort i just want some decent mushies for spore prints and such, but i would be disapointed if like 75 percent of them were aborts or something.

-I've heard to fan like 3-4 times a day. I figure more fresh oxygen couldn't hurt right? I fan more like 6 or 7 times a day, should i do this or just stick to 3 or 4?

Thats all the questions i have for now, pictures will be up in a few hours. Peace all, thanks.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Loc: London Flag
Trusted Cultivator
Re: This cake [Re: RespectTheFungus]
    #2161293 - 12/05/03 12:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

don't dunk while it's pinning. just mist the sides of the tub, keep it humid in there.

they may abort, they may not. ideal conditions (lotsa air and humidity, some light, and 70-80F) will improve your odds.

more is better!

--------------------
buh

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

Re: This cake [Re: shirley knott]
    #2161304 - 12/05/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Your the shit shirley, haha that was quick. So I mist just the sides of the fruiting chamber, not the cake itself? And is it alright if the water im using is just regular brita filtered water? Thanks.

--------------------
"With a bit of luck, his life was ruined forever. Always thinking that just behind some narrow door in all of his favorite bars, men in red woolen shirts are getting incredible kicks from things he'll never know."

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2161306 - 12/05/03 12:03 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

1- I wouldn't dunk again if there's pins

2- Hard to say but I usually don't get alot of aborts even with 30+ pins, if there all right ontop of each other though maybe.

3- as long as you keep the humidity right it won't hurt, some say increased risk of contams but I never had a cake contam before it's first flush and I take them out a play with them sometimes =]

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2161319 - 12/05/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

shirly beat me to it :laugh:

but yeah mist the walls not the cakes directly, and I use just plain tap water so I'm sure brita filtered will be fine 

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
    #2161321 - 12/05/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

clean water is best!

some people mist with dilute peroxide, but that's like feeding poison to your babies, imo. unless there's a suspicion of contams, stick to 100% H2O

:cool: :smile: 

--------------------
buh

OfflineRespectTheFungus
Fungus Fan

#2161329 - 12/05/03 12:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks! People like you all are the reason i come to the shroomery, fast and smart answers to all my shroomy questions. 5 Shrooms for both of ya. Peace!  :mushroom2:

--------------------

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
    #2161454 - 12/05/03 12:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Shirley, would you consider a small splash of h202 in a large spray bottle to be potentially harmful?

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Offlineshirley knott
not my real name
 User Gallery
Trusted Cultivator
Re: This cake [Re: havatampa]
    #2161489 - 12/05/03 12:45 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

don't think so. i used to always do that with my casings, but anno the wise advised against it. Anno always gives the best advice  :smile:

not too much, though 

--------------------
buh

Offlinehavatampa
South CoastPsychedelia

Loc: at Home with the Kids
    #2161512 - 12/05/03 12:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Thanks

--------------------
There he goes, one of God's own prototypes--some kind of high powered mutant never even considered for mass production. Too wierd to live, too rare to die.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags