Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineapplesauce
Stranger
More Weilii Cultivation
    #2160683 - 12/05/03 06:28 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Okay I have a fully colonated jar of rye (P. Weilii), but now what do i do with it? I read that manure and hardwood sawdust are a good growing medium but do i just toss the colonized rye in a bucket of sterelized manure/sawdust? And what should I do for casing? Also should i keep the growing medium in a sterile environment like a laminar hood or is a fishtank or terrarium sterile enough? I would apreciate any suggestions because all of the P. Weilii grow teks I have found are either unsuccesful or useless because they dont tell me enough. Thanks.
Also i am aware of this link: http://www.zauberpilz.com/cultivation_weilii.htm
Plz dont send it to me again it is not specific enough.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: More Weilii Cultivation [Re: applesauce]
    #2161063 - 12/05/03 10:48 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Why do we need two seperate threads about the same exact thing?

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: More Weilii Cultivation [Re: micro]
    #2161215 - 12/05/03 11:39 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I think it's because we weren't nice enough to him in the other thread.
Neways, more searching, altho you're probably going to have to go to a library or buy some articles to grow this one...doesn't seem to be that much out there
Gartz, Jochen. 1997. Psilocybe cyanescens in Europa und Nordamerika. Yearbook of the European College for the study of Consciousness:233-240.
Current distribution of Psilocybe cyanescens in Europe and North America and the first successful cultivation of Psilocybe weilii
Guzm?n, Tapia and Stamets on rice grain.

Workman made it work...

http://www.theforestfloor.org/archives/main/Weilii_Cultivation.html
They got sumthin bout it over there, but you'll have to register and check the archives at the new site..

That last one looks to be the most informative on indoor grows...Aaron deleted most of his posts soon after, but the info should still be there (hopefully)
I say get that article i first mentioned, check out the grow archived, and have at.

Better?

Stay Frosty.
R.C.
http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...part=1&vc=1

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

Anonymous

Re: More Weilii Cultivation [Re: applesauce]
    #2162690 - 12/05/03 07:14 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Innoculate pasteurized manure with your colonized rye. Patience pays. They take up to fifty+ days to pin from the time of applying a casing layer. The casing soil might benefit from sterilization and then being left in a container for a week before applying it to the colonized manure.

My first attempt on manure/wood chip compost did not fruit after 75 days.

Aaron tried multiple isolates and only got one to fruit.

I am not aware of how many tries(isolates) workman tried.

I am in the same boat as you. I have many jars of colonized ryegrass seed, and find myself wondering which direction to go. All of my jars are from a single isolate, that I have already failed on, so I am stuck.

I will state that a side experiment with paper litter, pine bark, corncob, aspen shavings, and a very small amount of store bought cow manure loaded into a pillow case, and soaked in a hydrogen peroxide solution, drained and innoculated with ryeseed spawn colonized exceptionally well with NO CONTAMINATION.

Deciding if I should use it to inoculate an outdoor bed, or try and case and fruit the stuff. IT LOOKS VERY VIGOUROUS ON THIS MIXED SUBSTRATE With no heat treatment.

InvisibleZen Peddler
Male User Gallery

Loc: orbit
Re: More Weilii Cultivation [Re: ]
    #2165161 - 12/06/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I did get some deformed pins on manure from one of five isolates - so i wasnt the most successful - the same isolate refused point blnak to fruit off anything else - include rye grass seed, etc.

--------------------

Invisibleem_bre_O
shroomery'sEmbryoticAsshole
 User Gallery

Loc: In the stages of develope...
Re: More Weilii Cultivation [Re: Zen Peddler]
    #2167891 - 12/08/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

It was because I wasn't nice to him for not doing searches then asking.

OfflineWorkmanV
1999 Spore War Veteran
Male User Gallery

Loc: Oregon, USA
Trusted Cultivator
Re: More Weilii Cultivation [Re: ]
    #2172758 - 12/12/03 10:33 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I was lucky enough to acquire Aaron's isolate. I now have spores from that isolate for later refinement.

--------------------
Research funded by the patrons of
The Spore Works
Exotic Spore Supply

My Instagram
Reinvesting 25% of Sales Towards Basic Research and Species Identification :amanitajar:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Grow Bags   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order