Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
The Point of Prisons
    #2155692 - 12/03/03 03:07 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've read a lot of posts on here and I think I might be re-hashing a subject, but I think I am phrasing the question in a new way.

What role should prisons play in our society? Should an incarcerated individual be subjected to harsh conditions to punish them for their crime? Should they be exposed to a trade, an education, and given a 'chance' to behave in prison?

Personally, I think that their should be a few "types" of prisons, dependant on the crime.

First offenders who are somewhat young and commited a crime that is serious enough to merit detention rather than probation should be put in a system where they are segregated from "hardened" criminals. The exposure to murderers and such is not healthy or condusive to our final goal of rehabilitation. The prisons these people would be sent to would have strict discipline(as would all of these prisons). However, with the discipline would come, initially great "freedoms". You would not be made to stay in your cell all of the time. Games, education centers, trade centers, all of these would be available to help reinforce the message of "If you behave, you are treated well, if you aren't, you aren't".

Violent criminals who will be given long sentances, but not "life" sentances, should go to a prison that is also focused on rehabilitation. I think that they should be, for the first (x) months, kept in solitary confinment. This would show them the result of negative behavior. If they breach the STRICT rules set forth, they would be again put in solitary confinment. If they manage to behave, they will be, once again, conditioned with the "behavior = good treatment" system. They would be allowed to work in prison facilities, have access (under guard, of course) to basketball courts, gyms, weigh rooms, whatever (within limits) they wanted. They could get "paid" for these jobs and buy things exra, like candy bars, whatever.

In none of the prisons would cigarette smoking be allowed. Any form of anti-social behavior would be punished swiftly and severely. Inmate-run "trials" have been shown to be very effective at getting the inmates involved in the running of the prison while teaching them what "law" and coopperation means.

Of course, these prisons would have "punishment" built in. Their would be a very strict limit placed on freedoms here. You'd wake at a certain time, you'd keep your place clean (and up to muster for passing inspections), you'd shave and bathe, you would go to bed at a specific time.

What do people think of this?

Oh yes, very violent criminals would just be executed :-)

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleluvdemshrooms
Two inch dick..but it spins!?
 User Gallery

Loc: Lost In Space
Re: The Point of Prisons [Re: enimatpyrt]
    #2155875 - 12/03/03 03:54 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

:thumbup:

--------------------
You cannot legislate the poor into prosperity by legislating the wealthy out of prosperity. What one person receives without working for another person must work for without receiving. The government cannot give to anybody anything that the government does not first take from somebody else. When half of the people get the idea that they do not have to work because the other half is going to take care of them and when the other half gets the idea that it does no good to work because somebody else is going to get what they work for that my dear friend is the beginning of the end of any nation. You cannot multiply wealth by dividing it. ~ Adrian Rogers

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: The Point of Prisons [Re: luvdemshrooms]
    #2159015 - 12/04/03 06:01 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

*bump*

come on people, input!

--------------------

Invisibleafoaf
CEO DBK?
 User Gallery

Loc: Ripple's Heart
    #2159113 - 12/04/03 06:41 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

forgive us if no one is interested in having a
reasonable conversation with you...

--------------------
All I know is The Growery is a place where losers who get banned here go.

Offlinepattern
multiplayer

Loc: Canada
Re: The Point of Prisons [Re: afoaf]
    #2159409 - 12/04/03 08:04 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Its interesting, just not possible..

Overall some good ideas although I thought this is how the prison system worked already.

"In none of the prisons would cigarette smoking be allowed. "

Why not?

--------------------
man = monkey + mushroom

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: The Point of Prisons [Re: pattern]
    #2164758 - 12/06/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

People in prison should be restricted from freedoms. Guards and other inmates should not be forced to breath in, nor should tax payers be forced to pay for expensive ventiliation to deal with, carcinogenic smoke.

--------------------

OfflineBaby_Hitler
Errorist
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: To the limit!
    #2164876 - 12/06/03 05:38 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Can we still chew tobacco?

--------------------
"America: Fuck yeah!" -- Alexthegreat

“Nothing can now be believed which is seen in a newspaper. Truth itself becomes suspicious by being put into that polluted vehicle. The real extent of this state of misinformation is known only to those who are in situations to confront facts within their knowledge with the lies of the day.”  -- Thomas Jefferson

The greatest sin of mankind is ignorance.

The press takes [Trump] literally, but not seriously; his supporters take him seriously, but not literally. --Salena Zeto (9/23/16)

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: The Point of Prisons [Re: Baby_Hitler]
    #2164883 - 12/06/03 05:40 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Good point.

I'd say no. No "drugs" of any sort. No caffeine, no nicotine.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Kraken Kratom Shop: Red Vein Kratom