Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Music on Mushrooms
    #2153343 - 12/02/03 09:49 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I've never heard music on mushrooms, can anyone describe what, say, Pink Floyd, or any music for that matter, is like while tripping?

--------------------
"...My milk turned to mecca, my face fell through the floor, think I found the key to heaven but I cannot find the door..." - Legendary Pink Dots

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: innernetter]
    #2153348 - 12/02/03 09:50 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

What's Pink Floyd like tripping on mushrooms?

In my opinion it's one of the most incredible experiences one can ever have.

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: ]
    #2153357 - 12/02/03 09:51 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Music is essential for a trip.....it's really as simple as that. I'm not going to even try to go into detail about how great it is listening to music while tripping when I could just say "Find out for yourself" It really wouldn't matter what I said anyway, because it couldn't fully describe it.

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Harbinger]
    #2153857 - 12/03/03 12:45 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

my taste changes completely.  Stuff that seems like would be enjoyable can be unpleasant to hear, and stuff that isn't all that interesting sober can be amazing.  For example, I couldn't stand the Atom Heart Mother Suite by Pink Floyd, even though its one of my favorite songs.  I didn't recognize it, and I hated it.  The only thing I could say about it was "this is shark attack music, turn it off" :lol:

whereas Death Cab for Cutie - 405 acoustic, was amazing.

--------------------

Anonymous

#2153963 - 12/03/03 01:28 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

listen to the theme song to requiem for a dream... its amaizing

OfflineSheepish
 User Gallery

Loc: Exile
    #2154628 - 12/03/03 10:18 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Imagine the happiest you've been in your life, and multiply that a few times. That's what a good experience with music is like! Quite possibly the best feeling there is out there - like a orgasm for an hour. I never trip without music.
If you're thinking of playing Pink Floyd on a trip, I'd recommend Ummagumma (the Live disc, not studio) and Dark Side of the Moon.

Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Sheepish]
    #2154638 - 12/03/03 10:24 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

For me, music is essential. It influences my mood incredibly, if I am feeling uncomfortable a change of track does wonders.

InvisibleTerrapinSunrise
Stranger
Loc: KY
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: psilomonkey]
    #2154686 - 12/03/03 10:37 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

i know we're talking about shrooms here, but if you want a serious musical experience, eat some LSD instead. music is just incredible that way.

Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: TerrapinSunrise]
    #2156502 - 12/03/03 07:48 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

I hope its as spectacular as you guys say it is... about the my taste changing... there is something scary yet intriguing about listening to music that I've become so farmiliar with, and in a way I want to hear it from a different state of mind.

--------------------
"...My milk turned to mecca, my face fell through the floor, think I found the key to heaven but I cannot find the door..." - Legendary Pink Dots

OfflineEuphoria
watch theweatherchange...

#2156523 - 12/03/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Candorf said:
I hope its as spectacular as you guys say it is...

Heh, he has no idea what he's in for!

OfflineHarbinger
The Power of theRiff Compels Me

Loc: Far Away
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: ]
    #2156582 - 12/03/03 08:17 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

theprofessional said:
listen to the theme song to requiem for a dream... its amaizing   

Yeah, that song is pretty cool....wouldn't recommend watching the movie when you're tripping though :shocked: 

--------------------
Click the pic to hear some songs I've recorded.

:rockon:

Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Harbinger]
    #2156625 - 12/03/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Its an incredible movie.

--------------------

OfflinePsilozero
StonedGuitar/BassPlayer

Loc: mile high
    #2157254 - 12/04/03 12:35 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Music will shape your trip.  The last two times I tripped, I listened to one of my favorite bands, Kashmir (a danish band similar to radiohead).

Both times I was in the mountains.  The first trip I was staring at a group of trees that were dancing and moving (morphing) with the music.  I don't remember a huge amount from that trip for some reason.

The second trip with Kashmir was amazing.  It was again in the mountains, but I kept my eyes closed for about an hour or so.  I let the whole CD "Zitilities" guide my trip.  It was a beautiful, breathtaking experience, and I still remember many of the amazing images I saw that day.

Another time I was tripping I was trying to work the mp3 player on my computer, couldn't figure it out, and listened to the same song ("Link 80 - The Last Time") for about 40 minutes.

If anyone is interested in Kashmir, PM me and I'll hook you up with some songs.  They are excellent! Especially for tripping! :mushroom2:

BTW- anyone listened to Mr. Bungle while tripping? :nut:

--------------------
http://myspace.com/thevoid

OfflineGinseng
enthusiast
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Psilozero]
    #2157719 - 12/04/03 09:03 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Any of you listen to hip hop while tripping?

Offlineinnernetter
Wizard

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Ginseng]
    #2158837 - 12/04/03 04:55 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Anyone know some good music featuring the sitar?

--------------------

Offlinemescalinemark
journeyman

Loc: texass
    #2159096 - 12/04/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Ravi shankar is the best sitar player of all time

Offlinejong21
Mycologist/CSMajor

Loc: Berkeley, CA
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: mescalinemark]
    #2160541 - 12/05/03 03:43 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Let me put it this way...

I walked into the bathroom at my frat and two of my friends who have both tried mushrooms were comparing them to X...not in a comparing feeling kind of way, they were just like, sure shrooms were cool but X is just a completely different level of euphoria. I just mentioned offhand to them that I liked shrooms more than x, just for different reasons. They just couldn't comprehend that statement. Of course one has to recognize that some people are just not psychadelic people. Some people love coke so fucking much...I've done it enough to know that it doesn't do anything worth its cost for me.

And I can't justify my statement with just one aspect of the shroom experience but for me music is a huge part of it, especially after my last experience. I have yet to explore more musical experiences, but I had one experience on a 3.5 g lipa yai dose and they must have been awesome....So here is a brief description of the musical portion of my trip...my friend, actually one of the guys in the bathroom, was tripping with us, we had just dosed, and he wanted to listen to eminem. I was like whatever, I like eminem, and I dont' feel anything so whatever. About 30 minutes later, as I was starting to come up, I felt incredibly incredibly anxious. I was at the poitn where I wasn't sure if I was feeling the shrooms yet or not...I'm sur eyou know what point I am talking about. So I said ok this music is starting to suck, and I put on Shpongle, their first CD "Are you Shpongled", from start to finish. The creepy yet relaxing ambient songs of the first minute of hte first track calmed my nerves...and then the bassline came in, and then as those first fleeting chords appeared (those who have heard this song know what I'm talking about) suddenly a wave of euphoria came over me, something beyond, yet different, from the euphoria of x....the euphoria of x is very very simple...great but simple...caused simply by the release of a single type of neurotransmitter...well a little dopamine too but nothing compared to the seritonin...while shrooms, the eurphoria you get from shrooms, and in my opinion espeically the appropriate shrooms+music combo, is much more complex, in a very, very good way.

As the CD continued and my trip intensified I found myself curled in a ball in my chair, eyes closed, facing the speakers, and experiencing some of hte most amazing things I've ever experienced completely behind my closed eyelids (that is btw one of the best tracks on that CD).

If you are into electronic music you must trip to this CD. Even if you are not, this is some of the most psychadleic music I've heard and all I can say is that my closed eye visuals were galaxic in scale, it felt like this colorful kalaidoscope world in my head, created and responding to the music, was at itmes as big as our galaxy yet it felt a part of my mind and brain...

Anyway that was my feeble, feeble attempt at relating what music+shrooms is capable of doing....ambient music is also necessary for stimlulating conversation, after that trip I went to a guys room and he put some nice abient music on and it really relaxed me and allowed me to have some great conversations...there are many purposes for music while shrooming...make sure you always have something playing and if you aren't feeling it (which is quite possible on shrooms, I get very indecisive) just keep changing the music until you find something that really sounds good....if it really sounds good, try becoming part of it....you'll know what I mean.

:smile:

--------------------
I either talk about my friends in the first or third person, but I never, ever talk about myself on this website. Except that last sentence.

Offlinetuco_ramirez
Fistful ofShrooms

Loc: DETROIT!
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: jong21]
    #2160877 - 12/05/03 09:14 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Pink Floyd - Darkside of the Moon is the greatest trip album of all time. I think that would be an excellent choice for your first time.

OfflineSnape
Eternal Chaos
Male

Loc: Montreal, Quebec
Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Ginseng]
    #2161023 - 12/05/03 10:28 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Ginseng said:
Any of you listen to hip hop while tripping?

Not in a million years.

--------------------
I'm floating in the sea of stars,
I'm drifting away from the shore
I will be lost in the dream when the dark days come
But I will make the time run backwards and
I'll make the stars shine again

OfflineToricious
Theblunt-smokinglense-man.

Re: Music on Mushrooms [Re: Snape]
    #2161113 - 12/05/03 11:01 AM (20 years, 3 months ago)

You don't need drugs to feel some mad euphoria just from hearing music though, I don't know if anyone is like me, but some songs I like a lot I can keep some mad euphoria for 5-10 minutes when I concentrate hard enough...

--------------------
"There's a guy in my apple!"

"Jerk off on weed man, that's where it's at... " -Anjaba

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom