Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlineglimpee
Awakening
Male User Gallery

Qi Gong Instructor Recommendations? (list provided. Mass)
    #21523974 - 04/09/15 12:41 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

http://www.qigonginstitute.org/listing/directory.php#Massachusetts

Anyone know anything about any of these qi gong teachers?

I wish to practice Zazan and Qigong with masters - to begin to learn the basics and then continue learning them on my own with a completely open mind - to try to find answers even lost to shoaling monks (if possible)

I found some good Zazan institutes but now I need to find Qigong

Also, is there anything else I should look into to increasse my mastery of mind, body and soul?

zazan for soul/mind/body to a degree
qigong for body and soul
self-reflection and school/hobbies for more mind

--------------------
Just because I am arrogant does not mean I forget my place. It is how I choose to talk. I am not a monk. I am my own path, and I am without influence. Talk to me about my core being before you question my mental stability or life-choices. Chances are, they're only shocking to you because they don't fit your idea of what is.

Check out my Art Journal for some stuff I do http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21647069

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleonce in a lifetime
sun child
 User Gallery

Re: Qi Gong Instructor Recommendations? (list provided. Mass) [Re: glimpee]
    #21524132 - 04/09/15 01:20 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I haven't heard of them, but that is awesome, that there's that list - I hope you learn some great things. .

I practiced Aikido for a couple of years with my uncle, who taught it, and another teacher who also taught Tai Chi.  I didn't learn Tai Chi directly, but he incorporated a lot of the philosophy from it in with our classes. . two things I remember well are him patting his belly and saying 'see, this is my Chi-baby, no one messes with my Chi-baby,' sort of light-hearted and with humor, but also very true. . 

The other was he would say, 'be awesome,' in terms of power, in terms of how we walk - he would say, 'embrace the whole scene,' paraphrased - with good posture essentially. . like, when your posture is correct, then you are embracing the whole view, and your power is awesome. . . naturally I always remembered this. . I incorporate it into my own practice, with good posture, although I also appreciate the flow and flexibility; in other words, I'm not always trying to be completely erect in my posture, although I stretch and do a few yoga and aikido exercises and remember that. . I just walk how is naturally.

So I don't know much about Qi Qong, although I studied a little bit about Taoism; I have always been interested in it since I saw heard of their healing powers - one fairly reputable source was that 4 Qi Qong healers healed a malignant tumor. . .

And then there's Peter Ragnar; I came across him about 8 or 9 years ago, around the same time I was discovering others. . it has always been nice to have the memory of reading the article about him; pure and perfect health. . . and there were several ideas which I came to understand and realize were true later on, and I remembered him saying the same things and I thought, 'aha! cool!'

This first link I saw is about his views on the 'Shift' that's going on. . I haven't watched it yet, it's presented by his wife; below is the article/ interview I read back then with Andrew Cohen.

the shift, on Katrina's site

interview with Ragnar and Cohen

(same article on Cohen's site)

If you master it or even excel, please come back and share some wisdom with us! :smile: If you feel like it, of course, no other reason should there be.

Cheers :rasta:

hm,, that rasta looks a bit more like someone with ponytails. Ah well.

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
large  . . music garden . .  very
all peace                    them hi
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Offlineglimpee
Awakening
Male User Gallery

Re: Qi Gong Instructor Recommendations? (list provided. Mass) [Re: once in a lifetime]
    #21526354 - 04/09/15 09:45 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

once in a lifetime said:
I haven't heard of them, but that is awesome, that there's that list - I hope you learn some great things. .

I practiced Aikido for a couple of years with my uncle, who taught it, and another teacher who also taught Tai Chi.  I didn't learn Tai Chi directly, but he incorporated a lot of the philosophy from it in with our classes. . two things I remember well are him patting his belly and saying 'see, this is my Chi-baby, no one messes with my Chi-baby,' sort of light-hearted and with humor, but also very true. . 

The other was he would say, 'be awesome,' in terms of power, in terms of how we walk - he would say, 'embrace the whole scene,' paraphrased - with good posture essentially. . like, when your posture is correct, then you are embracing the whole view, and your power is awesome. . . naturally I always remembered this. . I incorporate it into my own practice, with good posture, although I also appreciate the flow and flexibility; in other words, I'm not always trying to be completely erect in my posture, although I stretch and do a few yoga and aikido exercises and remember that. . I just walk how is naturally.

So I don't know much about Qi Qong, although I studied a little bit about Taoism; I have always been interested in it since I saw heard of their healing powers - one fairly reputable source was that 4 Qi Qong healers healed a malignant tumor. . .

And then there's Peter Ragnar; I came across him about 8 or 9 years ago, around the same time I was discovering others. . it has always been nice to have the memory of reading the article about him; pure and perfect health. . . and there were several ideas which I came to understand and realize were true later on, and I remembered him saying the same things and I thought, 'aha! cool!'

This first link I saw is about his views on the 'Shift' that's going on. . I haven't watched it yet, it's presented by his wife; below is the article/ interview I read back then with Andrew Cohen.

the shift, on Katrina's site

interview with Ragnar and Cohen

(same article on Cohen's site)

If you master it or even excel, please come back and share some wisdom with us! :smile: If you feel like it, of course, no other reason should there be.

Cheers :rasta:

hm,, that rasta looks a bit more like someone with ponytails. Ah well.

Oh don't worry, i will come back and preach my philosophy. I am building a religion based on truth - no social influence, only what the mind-body-soul is truly capable of

As I've said in other posts - Im currently working on merging drams/reality as well as conscious/unconscious. I am also working on using "tripping" as a stepping stone from which to draw knowledge/experience to help me achieve a more nature tripping state without the need of psychedelics.

To access pure emotion, bliss, overanalyzing the world, and eventually my subconscious will communicate with me as if I were dreaming, except when I'm aware. I hope

But the goal is to master mind body and soul. To have complete and utter control off all my human power, in it's most basic and primal form. From then, I hope to answer my questions, such as where does consciousness come from, can a human traverse dimensions through the power of meditation, can I awaken from this reality into something greater? Etc.

I don't know exactly will help me with this, but I've gained interest in Zazan and Qi-Gong. I also have a deep interest in shaoling monks and want more than anything to study with them.

But Zazan will hopefully help me find greater peace. Allow me to merge all sides of myself and all sides of true humanity.

Qi-Gong will hopefully help me find my Chi, my physical power in this world. If I can master my chi, i think that will bring me much closer to mastery over body and soul.

Since these aren't really religious and are just practices based in ancient human tradition, I imagine that there are secrets to be unlocked with them - without closing my vision to greater possibilities.

I love this whole spiritual idea it brought fantasy and adventure back into my life

--------------------
Just because I am arrogant does not mean I forget my place. It is how I choose to talk. I am not a monk. I am my own path, and I am without influence. Talk to me about my core being before you question my mental stability or life-choices. Chances are, they're only shocking to you because they don't fit your idea of what is.

Check out my Art Journal for some stuff I do http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php/Number/21647069

sun child
 User Gallery

#21530046 - 04/10/15 07:47 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

glimpee said:Oh don't worry, i will come back and preach my philosophy. I am building a religion based on truth - no social influence, only what the mind-body-soul is truly capable of

As I've said in other posts - Im currently working on merging drams/reality as well as conscious/unconscious. I am also working on using "tripping" as a stepping stone from which to draw knowledge/experience to help me achieve a more nature tripping state without the need of psychedelics.

To access pure emotion, bliss, overanalyzing the world, and eventually my subconscious will communicate with me as if I were dreaming, except when I'm aware. I hope

But the goal is to master mind body and soul. To have complete and utter control off all my human power, in it's most basic and primal form. From then, I hope to answer my questions, such as where does consciousness come from, can a human traverse dimensions through the power of meditation, can I awaken from this reality into something greater? Etc.

I don't know exactly will help me with this, but I've gained interest in Zazan and Qi-Gong. I also have a deep interest in shaoling monks and want more than anything to study with them.

But Zazan will hopefully help me find greater peace. Allow me to merge all sides of myself and all sides of true humanity.

Qi-Gong will hopefully help me find my Chi, my physical power in this world. If I can master my chi, i think that will bring me much closer to mastery over body and soul.

Since these aren't really religious and are just practices based in ancient human tradition, I imagine that there are secrets to be unlocked with them - without closing my vision to greater possibilities.

I love this whole spiritual idea it brought fantasy and adventure back into my life

This was really, really wonderful to read.  I'm glad to know you and I really can't tell you how good it is to read this - aspiration and confidence in spirit, and the attainment of the highest understanding.  I would say always let your discernment guide you to the best teachers, and keep that faith and vigor and aspiration - out of this come the greatest rewards and the best work. 

Zazen is incredible; Milarepa is another name to know, he was a saint-poet from Tibet, well known by many. . a yogi, considered by many to be one of the greatest; I studied him 8 or 9 years ago, Drinking the Mountain Stream.  It's Vajrayana or Tantra Buddhism, traditionally passed only from guru to student, yet if you have a wide and solid base of knowledge, and especially along with some of these psychadelic experiences, he is a good one. 

Miyamoto Musashi is another one. . he was a samurai, considered by many to be the greatest samurai who lived. . for the beginning part of his life he was immersed in the martial aspect of life, and later became master of spirit as well, and lived as a ronen much of his life, including the later years. . he wrote his strategy down in the Book of Five Rings, and another I believe; when he died, he was kneeling with his sword in front of him, and remained in that position. 

I was incredibly inspired by so many of these - it's lovely to see it in action; these principles I mean; along with Dogen, Bassui and Bankei, Musashi is a guide and inspiration to me.

There are definitely secrets to be unlocked.  Sometimes I feel I unlocked almost all of them; but that is what is great about this universe, is that there is a never-ending supply of new life and beauty and information. 

One thing I have always known is that there is so much potential - each generation I would guess that there are some that go further than any. . .

Socrates and McKenna both said, to create new culture. . . that is one of the main things.  Like you say - with no social influence. . . simply pouring new art, new thought, new beauty and new creativity into the world. .

That's the source of renewal for sure, I would say.  Bringing back new ideas.  Look forward to seeing your insights and new creations;

Power and peace.

--------------------
Innocent, Oldfield & Hegerland          Julia Delaney, Bothy Band                                        Rasta Girl, Sister Carol                    Genesis, Jorma K
I Wish You Peace, Lawrence Laughing                                                                                                                    Do Your Thing, Moondog                     
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Offlineglimpee
Awakening
Male User Gallery

Re: Qi Gong Instructor Recommendations? (list provided. Mass) [Re: once in a lifetime]
    #21533578 - 04/11/15 02:28 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

Quote:

once in a lifetime said:
Quote:

glimpee said:Oh don't worry, i will come back and preach my philosophy. I am building a religion based on truth - no social influence, only what the mind-body-soul is truly capable of

This was really, really wonderful to read.  I'm glad to know you and I really can't tell you how good it is to read this - aspiration and confidence in spirit, and the attainment of the highest understanding.  I would say always let your discernment guide you to the best teachers, and keep that faith and vigor and aspiration - out of this come the greatest rewards and the best work. 

Zazen is incredible; Milarepa is another name to know, he was a saint-poet from Tibet, well known by many. . a yogi, considered by many to be one of the greatest; I studied him 8 or 9 years ago, Drinking the Mountain Stream.  It's Vajrayana or Tantra Buddhism, traditionally passed only from guru to student, yet if you have a wide and solid base of knowledge, and especially along with some of these psychadelic experiences, he is a good one. 

Miyamoto Musashi is another one. . he was a samurai, considered by many to be the greatest samurai who lived. . for the beginning part of his life he was immersed in the martial aspect of life, and later became master of spirit as well, and lived as a ronen much of his life, including the later years. . he wrote his strategy down in the Book of Five Rings, and another I believe; when he died, he was kneeling with his sword in front of him, and remained in that position. 

I was incredibly inspired by so many of these - it's lovely to see it in action; these principles I mean; along with Dogen, Bassui and Bankei, Musashi is a guide and inspiration to me.

There are definitely secrets to be unlocked.  Sometimes I feel I unlocked almost all of them; but that is what is great about this universe, is that there is a never-ending supply of new life and beauty and information. 

One thing I have always known is that there is so much potential - each generation I would guess that there are some that go further than any. . .

Socrates and McKenna both said, to create new culture. . . that is one of the main things.  Like you say - with no social influence. . . simply pouring new art, new thought, new beauty and new creativity into the world. .

That's the source of renewal for sure, I would say.  Bringing back new ideas.  Look forward to seeing your insights and new creations;

Power and peace.

Your reply made my day :smile: While I seek to strip myself from social influence, I gotta say I love accidentally receiving praise :smile:

Thats why I love this site thought - I feel as though people here are on a more "equal plane" spiritually - and are generally less dictated by "being cool" and "fitting in," instead everyone is just really honest and helpful for the most part.

I wanna merge with the Shroomery conscious first :smile:

--------------------

sun child
 User Gallery

#21546892 - 04/14/15 03:15 PM (8 years, 11 months ago)

I'm glad -

'I've found the way to perfect health, and it's living in nature,' (or something like that:-)

Whitman

Partly it's the kindness of everyone who was ever kind to me, that has gifted me with pure and perfect health, and the knowledge I will never be sick, have allergies, or countless other things. . .

Partly it's my genes, experiences, luck or karma - karma or chi; and partly, I know, it's because I keep sharing it with all I meet - doing my best ability to, anyhow, at which I gradually get a little better over time. .

I definitely learned that preservation of one's heart, mind, health, and consciousness from a very young age, is one of the most important things - nothing ever made me think this was less true; but everything tended to reaffirm my understanding that this was true.

It is so good to see your confidence and aspiration because I know that you can get there - depending on your skills, life, karma, chi, etc., etc., you do anything in the world. . . I feel like, in many ways, I've gone further than anyone in understanding these things -- which isn't at all to say I'm closed to others insights, or experiences, quite the opposite really.. I love a good, enlightened, liberating thought-consciousness wherever I come across it; and the strong and open heart continually affirms strength in others, and is always gladdened by friendship -- knowing how valuable it is, and can be.

Anyway - was just going to say, you can go even further; take Watts, McKenna, mine and others at Shroomery here, and be he next step - the next stage - whatever that is or will be. . . 

Faith in oneself and aspiration are so great -- "I will drink the entire ocean," says the preservering soul, to quote Vivekananda. .

Also one thing I have always found is - it's not necessary to try to leap for high powers. . . they will come naturally. . .everything will develop and appear naturally, and. . . well if you get a lot of power, then the smaller things that you do have more and more impact -- so that's why it's a delicate process so to speak. . .

I think it's probably good to have wise, kind and strong friends to be there along the way; and indeed, looking for the good in people is always great --

if you seek for genuine and gifted people, kind and intelligent, patient, strong, healthy - etc. etc. etc. - they will come to you and you will find them; and - association with saintly persons is generally the premiere way of developing most quickly.

Lots of power and peace and trust to you, glimpee. . Jaya

:-)

"Do anything, but let it produce joy" -- Whitman

--------------------
Starhouse - main
Time Traveler's Guide

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order