Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Name Change
    #2142883 - 11/28/03 06:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've been thinking for a long while of changing my first name. I've never felt like it fits me, and I would like to find my 'spirit' or 'magic' name and make it that. I will know it when I see it..but I'm having a hard time finding a suitable list of names. It would also help if the numerology lines up with my birth number - 1.

Does anyone have any suggestions, or a website with a list of 'magical names'?

--------------------

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisiblethePatient
Criminal Bodhisattva
Male User Gallery

Loc: Indiana Flag
Re: Name Change [Re: Shroomism]
    #2142905 - 11/28/03 06:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i've often thought about changing my last name to something that actually fits me. Something that has some meaning.

My current last name: Fanning

its pathetic.
i don't know my father and i dont know his side of my family. Also, i found out he's already changed his last name, so if it didn't mean anything to him it sure as hell doesnt mean anything to me. So why should i bare this horrid name? I guess its only a matter of time.

doesn't it cost money to change your name?

--------------------
T h e r e  a r e  n o  o r d i n a r y  m o m e n t s.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Name Change [Re: thePatient]
    #2142915 - 11/28/03 06:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

As far as I can tell... yes..about $50

--------------------

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
    #2142926 - 11/28/03 06:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ah.. victims of consumerism. There are lots of products out there that represent you that are probably cheaper than 50 bucks.

InvisibleSkorpivoMusterion
Livin in theTwilight Zone...
 User Gallery

Loc: You can't spell fungus wi...
    #2142943 - 11/28/03 06:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just make sure it starts with SK and ends with ON :wink: :grin:

actually, "Skull" would be a simple bad ass name. Hell yea...I just might do that :grin:

--------------------
Coffee should be black as hell, strong as death, and sweet as love.

OfflineMixomatosis
great ape

Loc: cipherland
Re: Name Change [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2142999 - 11/28/03 07:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thoughts fleshed out:

Once upon a time I was travelling with my girlfriend in Central America. We were staying with this family while studying Spanish. The Spanish schools there all have a bunch of minion families who house and feed the members of the institution that is "backpacking" (us).

The product that was sold to us was something like this: A homestay with a guatemalan family with whom we'd share a wonderful cultural exchange.. eating guatemalan food, speaking spanish, getting to know them and forging a strong link to the people of the land through our common humanity blah blah blah. Well, guess what? They fed us white bread and some kind of chocolatey cereal represented by a blue elephant (ahora con muchisimo mas chocolate!) for breakfast and oily noodles for dinner. Not exactly the wholesome experience we were led to believe we'd recieve.

My girlfriend was pissed off about it. She had some friends who'd learned spanish in the same way, and they had a great family to live with who took an interest in them and actually spoke spanish to them and all the rest. The kids of our family lurked around like mute herbivores in the cretacious, and the husband was a phantom who I gathered liked driving his car around. We lived in these people's house like a hotel and were treated like bank machines. They saw an opportunity to make some cash by housing students and they took it.

My girlfriend wanted to change houses. Her argument was that we weren't getting to know the people in the country we were visiting, and mine was that we were, it's just that the people turned out to be human instead of this weird ideal we first worlders have about poor people being wonderful, open, generous, welcoming, blah blah blah.

It's not like we didn't get the "experience" of being in this country meeting these people. Our experience was just as "real" as people who met locals that they got along with really well, just different.... it seems like I'm a long way of explaining why you guys should get over it and keep your names, but let's just see if I can bring it all together here...

thepatient: you say your name "Fanning" has no meaning for you, but it does. Like you said, you don't know your father's side of the family at all and you have a name that doesn't represent you. So there you go, it represents you perfectly! It's you! You have an alien name that represents a side of you that you don't know at all.

Shroomism: Keep your name dude.. if you go to magicalnames.com and find a name for yourself then everytime you introduce yourself your aquaintances are going to have to listen to you masturbate. Know what I mean? Keep your name, be humble.

OfflineNugDumper
Member of theThird Eye Club

Re: Name Change [Re: Mixomatosis]
    #2143219 - 11/28/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Change your name to Poopfist...... the ladies love that. haha just kidding, don't change your name.... you'll regret it.

--------------------
All that I need is the air that I breathe... and all that I need are things I don't need... and all that really matters is what matters to me me me... -Shannon Hoon

Racism is schism on a serious tip! -Bradley Nowell

Offlinejiva
dream serpent

Loc: everywhere all the time
Re: Name Change [Re: NugDumper]
    #2143376 - 11/28/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've always felt that when people "come of age" they should beable to choose a new name (perhaps a middle name that they could go by if they wanted).

--------------------
i am another you

OfflineSpecialEd
+ one

Loc: : Gringo
Re: Name Change [Re: jiva]
    #2143518 - 11/28/03 11:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

craven moorehead
adolf MeNipple
Oliver Closeoff
Mike Rotch
Amanda Hugginkiss
Semor Butts
Dick Burns

--------------------
"Plus one upvote +1..."
--- //
-- :meff:
  /l_l\/
--\-/----

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Name Change [Re: SpecialEd]
    #2143551 - 11/29/03 12:12 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

im happy with my own name, it keeps me conscious to where I came from.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Name Change [Re: Positronius]
    #2143601 - 11/29/03 12:28 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Whats in a name. I sometimes wonder what people who change their names are hidding from. On the other hand if your given name bothers you then whatever.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

OfflinePositronius
playboy

Loc: montreal-vancouver-tokyo
Re: Name Change [Re: mntlfngrs]
    #2143605 - 11/29/03 12:30 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I knew a guy who was named "Leif", a really cool name, he didnt like it so he changed it to "Chris" a really generic name.

--------------------
and you know it like a poet, like....babydoll

OfflineRandolph_Carter
НơĻ?ĢΉō

Loc: Shroomery B-list.
Re: Name Change [Re: Positronius]
    #2143635 - 11/29/03 12:47 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know a leifer...he's got red hair...

--------------------
"..all those molecules thrashing their kinky little tails, hot for destiny and the street."  Gibson

Nuke baby seals for Jesus!

(This has been a +1 production.)

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2143640 - 11/29/03 12:52 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i found my other name, somehow, i cant remember. I was thinking, pondering, and it just came to me, into my throat, out of my mouth, and its stuck with me a long time. Its not Zero7a1, thats just an alieas.. or however you spell it, an alieas to me! muahahahaha. i never thought about actually changing my first name, that signifies the name i was given by my family... dont think i really want to change that, but its not so important to me anyway, so i dont think about it too much.

--------------------
What?

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: Name Change [Re: Zero7a1]
    #2143648 - 11/29/03 01:01 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey,

Shroomism,

Your magic name is your Private Name. In some Native Cultures, You are given a name by your parents at birth, then a new name when you do something great or some event happens, then you give yourself a "secret/magick" name. What you are looking for is a new name to Define who/what you are. That could be given to you by friends or relatives or even yourself. That Secret name cannot be spoken by anyone else> It is yours and yours alone. I have a theory about the Secret name. When something Supernatural/unexpected happens and you are confronted with a Consciousness/spirit. "It" speaks to you using your secret name, well, thats what I think it's for. Could be for Other reasons as well. Later.

InvisibleSclorch
Clyster

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: On the Brink of Madness
    #2143726 - 11/29/03 02:04 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've been thinking for a long while of changing my first name.

Bro, that's not going to get you out of your bet with Swami.

--------------------
Note: In desperate need of a cure...

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Name Change [Re: Sclorch]
    #2143843 - 11/29/03 05:55 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm thinking about changing a letter in my last name when I go back to the States. It is Bjorklund now, but I think I may change it to Bj?rklund, the way that it was before my family moved to the States.

I just think that the world doesn't have to correspond to the United States of America. It has special meaning to me, having that "?" in there, and it is at least what I see as an active step agansit the presence of the USA. Every fucking person behind a computer dealing with my name would have to do some weird key combination or open the symbol chart to get my name right, and if they don't, I will call them up and make sure they fix it.

Its my name as it was meant to be, not changed for the convience of a different country who didn't give one shit about the people coming into the country, except that it meant more people and more taxes. Hell, we might as well have our social security number as our full name.. not that a number EVER becomes our identity.  :rolleyes:

One small step to a unified world.. :grin:
Peace. 

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Name Change [Re: Sclorch]
    #2143868 - 11/29/03 06:43 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What makes you think that? I've already talked to swami about it.

I want to change my name uttered in a lucid dream that I did not retain memory of.. on the tip of my mind. A spirit guide told me my name and I have forgotten, I must remember, and I will change it. Not for 'masterbation'..whoever mentioned that, it is because my name does not suit me, or perhaps it suited me as a child, but since awakening to my nature, I feel having outgrown it, and the need to take upon a name that fits my spiritual body.

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2143878 - 11/29/03 07:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm quite the fan of "Brandon Bjorklund", it really fits me, I guess. I'd much rather prefer "Bj?rklund", though. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineribbit
up till dawn

Re: Name Change [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2143918 - 11/29/03 08:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

or perhaps. you can keep your original name, which represents your physical earthly self. but also have a name that you choose to go by... such as some ravers have names in which they introduce themselves as. if you think about it, your magical/spiritual name is more of a personal thing, not one that needs to be on your drivers license... tho im not stating legally changing your nam is not a thing to do. but you really don't legally change your name.. because if you notice on governmental documents, they request your "birth name"

just my thought.

peace and love

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale, Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale