Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinethirtygoats
Male
Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism
    #21382612 - 03/09/15 01:01 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Well I'm a 24 year old male, 6'3, 187 pounds and I was diagnozed with Hypothyroidism about 2 months ago and have been on 50 MCG of Tirosint (Synthroid) a day and haven't seen much improvement in my tiredness. I don't want my appetite to decrease, as I eat a lot more than other people.

I weighed 160 on December 4th and went to rehab and am still in rehab and have gained a significant amount of weight since. Is there anyone else that has Hypothyroidism? Is Tirosint (Synthroid) like a steroid that will help me build muscle? (I like to work out and have trouble building muscle even though I'm dedicated to working out and eating healthy.

The best I have done on the benchpress was 165 lbs 5 times and 175 lbs 3 times. I'm not very strong but I am healthy as I avoid fast food, soda, etc. Any help is appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibledemiu5
humans, lol
 User Gallery

Loc: the popcorn stadium Flag
Re: Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism [Re: thirtygoats]
    #21384374 - 03/09/15 08:37 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

i don't know your nutrient intake, but thyroid problems can often be attributed to a lack of iodine.  i recommend adding maca to your diet, as well as finding other foods that contain large amounts of iodine.

--------------------
channel your inner Larry David

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism [Re: demiu5]
    #21384707 - 03/09/15 09:57 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

this is true.  moar iodine!

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

OfflinePed
Interested In Your Brain
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canada
    #21394296 - 03/11/15 06:07 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Levothyroxine (Synthroid) is synthetic T4 hormone.  While it is functionally involved in regulating the gain and loss of both muscle and fat, it is not a steroid of itself.  That being said, correcting hypothyroidism will facilitate the accumulation of muscle mass.  If you've had trouble gaining muscle while this condition was untreated, you should notice some improvement.

--------------------

:poison: Dark Triangles - New Psychedelic Techno Single - Listen on Soundcloud :poison:
Gyroscope full album available SoundCloud or MySpace

InvisibleAcidic_SlothM
Acidic poly-Sided Di-slothamide
 User Gallery

Loc: ainrofilac Flag
Re: Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism [Re: Ped]
    #21394540 - 03/11/15 06:56 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

Ped said:
Levothyroxine (Synthroid) is synthetic T4 hormone.  While it is functionally involved in regulating the gain and loss of both muscle and fat, it is not a steroid of itself.  That being said, correcting hypothyroidism will facilitate the accumulation of muscle mass.  If you've had trouble gaining muscle while this condition was untreated, you should notice some improvement.

i take Synthroid and have noticed improvement in muscle gains now that i have started being more active.

--------------------
-- Accept my heart warming gift of TREE SCRATCHIES!!! I absolve thee!! --

JaP: 30,000 lines of gay, cock, and fag can't be wrong
Ped: only in #shroomery is "smuggle opium in her ass" followed by "i don't want shitty opium" which is followed by " *** Joins: PENISSQUAD"
--
JaP: What would this place be without random sluts?
JaP: Nothing, I tell you.

:heart: :todcasil: :heart:

InvisibleyogabunnyM
fancy cat
Female User Gallery

Loc: Nasty Women Get Shit Done
    #21394704 - 03/11/15 07:25 PM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Quote:

thirtygoats said:
Well I'm a 24 year old male, 6'3, 187 pounds and I was diagnozed with Hypothyroidism about 2 months ago and have been on 50 MCG of Tirosint (Synthroid) a day and haven't seen much improvement in my tiredness. I don't want my appetite to decrease, as I eat a lot more than other people.

I weighed 160 on December 4th and went to rehab and am still in rehab and have gained a significant amount of weight since. Is there anyone else that has Hypothyroidism? Is Tirosint (Synthroid) like a steroid that will help me build muscle? (I like to work out and have trouble building muscle even though I'm dedicated to working out and eating healthy.

The best I have done on the benchpress was 165 lbs 5 times and 175 lbs 3 times. I'm not very strong but I am healthy as I avoid fast food, soda, etc. Any help is appreciated.

My former roommate was able to drop a lot of weight, build muscle tone & get OFF Synthroid by working with a Nutritionist!

--------------------

Invisiblechicksgrowtoo
 User Gallery

Re: Diagnosed with Hypothyroidism [Re: yogabunny]
    #21401007 - 03/13/15 06:08 AM (9 years, 1 month ago)

Hmmm this is interesting, I was diagnosed with hypothyroidism when I got pregnant and was never told that anything but medicine would help. It makes me wonder now if it's my fault the baby is having problems, I really wish I would of researched further into it now. (which I will be doing as soon as I get off from work)

Thanks for this info :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1