Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Offlinerecalcitrant
My Own God

Loc: Canada West
Dreaming vs. Smoking
    #2125011 - 11/20/03 12:12 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I wish these two could make peace. I like smoking weed, but when I do I stop dreaming. It's pretty annoying.

I could draw similarities between tripping and dreaming too. Both are creations of my mind, both seem to have a connection to the scary/worrysome/"bad trip" parts of my brain.

I would like to see a great dream intensified with weed, but I guess I am thankful that I don't have nightmares boosted by it.

--------------------

We have to answer our own prayers

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekaiowas
lest we baguette
 User Gallery

Loc: oz
Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: recalcitrant]
    #2125014 - 11/20/03 12:14 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

action reaction. it's the price you pay, or at least one of them

--------------------
Annnnnnd I had a light saber and my friend was there and I said "you look like an indian" and he said "you look like satan" and he found a stick and a rock and he named the rock ooga booga and he named the stick Stick and we both thought that was pretty funny. We got eaten alive by mosquitos but didn't notice til the next day. I stepped on some glass while wading in the swamp and cut my foot open, didn't bother me til the next day either....yeah it was a good time, ended the night by buying some liquor for minors and drinking nips and going to he diner and eating chicken fingers, and then I went home and went to bed.

OfflineMAIA
World-BridgerKartikeya (DftS)
Male User Gallery

Loc: Erra - 20 Tauri - M45 Sta...
    #2125022 - 11/20/03 12:19 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Seretonin is the fuel used when you dream, so is the fuel used when you smoke or trip.
So, if you spend all your dailly fuel on smoking, you will not have enough fuel to dream.:confused:
It happens the same thing to me, at least i don't have nightmares .... :smirk:

MAIA

--------------------
Spiritual being, living a human experience ... The Shroomery Mandala

Use, do not abuse; neither abstinence nor excess ever renders man happy.
Voltaire

InvisibleTrueBrode
Stranger

Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: MAIA]
    #2125129 - 11/20/03 01:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

You still dream when you smoke weed, you just don't remember your dreams as well.

Never heard anything about that MAIA, do you have a link?

By the way is that name from Herland?

OfflineSpokesman
The HighPhilosopher

Loc: New Jersey U.S.
Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: MAIA]
    #2125147 - 11/20/03 01:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I agree. What i have found over the long run is that weed has actually amplified my ability to dream and lucidity. Because even though i barely dream while a period that i ve been smoking when i go sober for a week my dreams go super vivid and pretty lucid. They also get very weird though, like my mind digs way deeper into the unconcious than it did before i ever smoked. So by slowly demamnding more seratonin from my brain i guess when i stop smoking my brain is sort of trained for bigger releases so i get more vivid dreams.

--------------------

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: Spokesman]
    #2125260 - 11/20/03 01:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I've taken about a week or two break from smoking, and my dreams have been so wonderful every night. You may have read my thread called the nature of language in dreams. These dreams I've been having may be the final motivation I need to really curtail my MJ use, try to limit it to a few sessions per month. I'm getting some calea, anyone know if the liquid extract is worth it or should I just buy the foliage?

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: Spokesman]
    #2125268 - 11/20/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Spokesman said:
They also get very weird though, like my mind digs way deeper into the unconcious than it did before i ever smoked.

Last night I had two dreams, and dude, these dreams were just beyond. There is no way I can describe the meanings and the flows within them, but in the first one, it started out with all of these fucking people from school. Both schools that I went to.

To spare details that are only relevant to me, it ended up with there being this like counsel. A select few that were working to discover these secrets. And apparently I was a very special person in the dream, and they let me into particpate. And they started conducting this meeting. And they said that after all of this time working on this one area, that they had finally like started to like actually realize what the first idea of it was.

And I sort of shook my head. And I said, "you want to talk about this?" And I started sprouting all of this stuff that I knew as if it was nothing, just like all of this insight. And everyone gasped. I remember the image of Christ, probably the one in my avatar, flash. And there were all of these books on all of these shelfs, and they like sort of zoomed in on them and this weird light came from them. And whatever was happening was pretty special. I actually woke up.

The second one was crazy as well. I assumed Superman's powers in this one, and it has been a little while since I have done that (it sure is fun, by the way!) :grin:

Everything that I dream has some sort of meaning, and the thing is, there are all sorts of meanings flowing in and out at different levels. It makes my dreams epic, and it is sort of hard to become more aware of the fact that I am dreaming when they are like this. It makes going lucid difficult, I must say. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlinestrangebrew

Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2125291 - 11/20/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

pot definately does not stop you from dreaming, you just dont remember them well. i have found that if before i go to sleep i make a concious effort to remember my dreams i can recall them much better. also when you wake up in the morning if you lie there and try to remember your dreams they will come back to you better than if you immediately jump out of bed.

--------------------
i've always been mad like the most of us have

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2125361 - 11/20/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Smoke some DMT, that way you will be smoking yourself into a dream  :wink: 

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

InvisibletrendalM Happy Birthday!
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2125496 - 11/20/03 03:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm going to let this thread stick...but future threads of this type should go in Other-Drugs Discussion.

Thanks!

------------

And on the subject...YEAH! I wish I could remember more of my dreams, but the daily pot habbit doesn't leave much to remember  :confused:

I started a dream journal 11 days ago. I have only 3 dreams marked down so far, and two of them only have a single 5-word description  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

Invisiblemedicinebag
Hunting
Loc: The land of The People
Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: trendal]
    #2125735 - 11/20/03 06:10 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

There might be some validity to this. Depending on the quality of smoke. Old smoke or compressed smoke is made up of mostly CBN a post cursor of THC. When THC breaks down into CBN, due to oxygen and light degredation, the stone is not the same. Therefore, old grass might affect the ability to recall. Fress smoke is mostly made up of THC with little CBN. The stone is more euphoric and less "fuzzy headed". Just an observation, it may not be correct.

Anonymous

Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: trendal]
    #2125742 - 11/20/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

/me runs around screaming:

Nazi nazi nazi nazi!

Just kidding. :wink:

Cheers,

MM

OfflineAnansi
------------

Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: medicinebag]
    #2125743 - 11/20/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Much the opposite for me. It was when I began smoking that I could recall my dreams easily. The dreams are so great now, I love them. If I smoke and then go to sleep it is best, I'll end up asking myself throughout the day if a certain thing happened in reality then quickly recall it was a dream.

Offlinemishmush
Chronic King
Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: Anansi]
    #2125854 - 11/20/03 07:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hmm..I dont know what you guys are talking about...I smoke weed multiple times a day and I have a crazy dream every night that I remember.

Offlinecybrbeast
Up, then down, then...
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: event horizon
    #2127764 - 11/21/03 03:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I also have that problem. I have taken a year of from studying now, so I can do some stuff I really want to do and some relaxing. So I smoke quite a lot now. But I also want to try and keep a dream-diary and eventually increase my lucidity. Kinda conflicting.
Maybe a low dose 5-htp+calea+melatonin combo would work.

Or maybe I should give up smoking for a few weeks, sounds difficult though  :smirk: 

--------------------
futuretribe.space

OfflineJackenobi
Hermes
Male

Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: cybrbeast]
    #5627029 - 05/14/06 12:12 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Wow yeah i probably need to take up pot again, my dreams these days are like a series of car crashes. Im too conscious of them and remember them to readily, i dont try to make sense of them but there are still things the mind would rather not peruse, even if its just shacks on stilts on a beach in an apocalypse...

Just a little whinge...

Once or twice i had incredibly lucid dreams, mixed with a dream/out of body experience in the same time period. This was during a time i was tripping out every day due to complete capitulation to schitzotypic thoughts. They were 50/50 to how much heed i should/still do pay them id say.

The one that i was excluded from a dream community due to my (speculatively) hindered capacity for REM was/is (less of the is these days, acceptance if not debunking) a particularly popular one...

What was the topic again? Arf arf.

--------------------
read books

OfflineFospher
Crime FightingMaster Criminal
Male

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Dreaming vs. Smoking [Re: Noviseer]
    #5627141 - 05/14/06 12:52 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Noviseer said:
I'm getting some calea, anyone know if the liquid extract is worth it or should I just buy the foliage?

Never tried it but apparently the foliage tastes like ass.

Also, Erowid never fails to answer such questions.

--------------------
010001100100001001000101!

OfflineOctavius
Stranger
    #5627583 - 05/14/06 07:02 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Smoking vs. Day Dreaming.. they are sort of similar that when I do smoke I see things happening in my third eye. My third eye vision is enhanced.

OfflineGomp
¡(Bound to·(O))be free!
Male User Gallery

Loc: I re·side [primarily] in...
    #5628126 - 05/14/06 11:27 AM (17 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

recalcitrant said:
I wish these two could make peace. I like smoking weed, but when I do I stop dreaming. It's pretty annoying.

I could draw similarities between tripping and dreaming too. Both are creations of my mind, both seem to have a connection to the scary/worrysome/"bad trip" parts of my brain.

I would like to see a great dream intensified with weed, but I guess I am thankful that I don't have nightmares boosted by it. 

They are at peace..

Just let them be.. :wink: :thumbup:

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds, Bulk Cannabis Seeds