Home | Community | Message Board

Magic-Mushrooms-Shop.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinepotato
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
smartshop -- dumbconsumer
    #2101039 - 11/13/03 09:48 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i'm going to my first smartshop tomorrow. i have a choice of 4 different types of shrooms, but don't know enough about them to make a choice. any info would be appreciated.

they are: hawaiin, liberty cap, mexican, philosophersstone.

thanks

--------------------
follow the circle sur la plage
on a monocolored trip voyage

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: potato]
    #2101569 - 11/13/03 12:05 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

don't know about the liberty caps.

mexican (cubensis) are probably good
the stones are a little less strong, but very nice (I'd advise these if you've never tripped before)
hawaiian probably the strongest they have.

If you have no idea go with the mexicans.

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: stefan]
    #2102081 - 11/13/03 02:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It can be a crapshoot when you buy mush from smartshops. While in the Netherlands a friend and I both bought bags of Libs, except from different shops. He tripped really hard; watched leaves march down a sidewalk like a colony of ants... etc., but I just had a minor mind and body buzz, with VERY few if any visuals. It all depends on how they are stored at the shop. I would imagine going to a popular shop would ensure that the shrooms were not sitting aroudn for a long time.

It depends on which hawaiian species is for sale at this smartshop. I have seen Hawaiian Cubensis and also Copelandias that were marketed with association to Hawaii. The Copelandias are commonly marketed as just that: Copelandia. And by the way, the specimens that I bought were extremely potent; creating tons of visuals.

I also would not underestimate the power of the Philosopher's Stones. I've heard it is less intense visually, but the mind confusion can be overpowering. I didn't sample these on my voyages, but I did get a report from a traveller who had. (lots of stumbles and comfusion in Vondel Park)

The Mexican (which from my experience was Stropharia Cubensis) seemed good, I took 25g fresh with a little over a gram of Copelandias. I tripped harder than I have before. Everything around me was broken down to chemistry. The walls, the bed, even the hash that was embedded in my fingers could be seen for what it truly was. I saw the components of everything. Fresh water was one of the most beautiful things... so pure.

If it is a good smartshop, you should be able to have a good discussion and get some suggestions and feedback from an employee. I actually got info cards with a few of the bags that I bought. They told about what the trip was like and the dosage that was suggested for different levels of intoxication. Its really great in my opinion.

That's about it from me. If you can, get fresh mushrooms. It could make all the difference in potency.

-wietstocker

--------------------
Echoes

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
    #2102118 - 11/13/03 02:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

^^^^I've never had problems with mushrooms from smartshops. Just a bad shop I guess.

Hawaiian = in general Copelandia cyanescens(very strong)
Mexican = Psilocybin Cubensis

Take the mexicans if you are new to tripping. I would buy dried mushrooms if they sell them because you can store them longer.

Good luck and enjoy your trip!

PS: don't forget to ask how many grams you get....

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: Annom]
    #2102646 - 11/13/03 05:17 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Annom said:
^^^^I've never had problems with mushrooms from smartshops. Just a bad shop I guess.

Well I have had a bad experience once. I bought about 1/3 lb of shrooms for a low price that were very weak. I got them for 6 gilders a gram. They still made us trip, but we each had to eat like 13-14 grams dried. We figured that they had been sitting around for a while or that the vendor had opened the bag to let them re-absorb moisture from the air to add weight.

Be carefull if you are offered a truly unbelievable deal. It probably is not worth what you are giving.

:edit: OH Yea. Get the Hawaiians. They'rrree Grrrreat.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Edited by Ekstaza (11/13/03 05:21 PM)

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2103085 - 11/13/03 07:13 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Remember there are no P. cubensis in hawaii, only Copelandia shrooms (5 known species in Hawaii of copelandia mushrooms).

The cubes from PESA are grown indoors and originated from stains from Palenque, Mexico or elsewhere in Mexico in the 1980s.

mj

see

http://www.mushroomjohn.com/articles.htm

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2103229 - 11/13/03 07:54 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It is beyond my comprehension that some people on this planet can walk into a "smart shop" and get all sorts of goodies.  I'm green with envy, let me assure you. :tongue2:

--------------------

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: Noviseer]
    #2103332 - 11/13/03 08:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Same here, Novi, I think it's high time for a trip to Holland.. high time... harharhar.:D

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: mjshroomer]
    #2103366 - 11/13/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yea, I was going to mention earlier that Copelandias are sold as "Hawaiians" and "Copelandia" mushrooms. As far as I remember, I don't recall seeing any cubensis labeled "Hawaiians". There very well may be, though.

When I used to make my biweeky trips to Maastrich, I had one friend that insisted that I get him Copelandia mushrooms. Once the guy at the smart shop told me that they were the same Hawaiians I just started taking some out of the huge bulk bag and putting them separate just for him. It made him feel special, I guess.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

Offlinepotato
Stranger

Loc: Tennessee
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: Ekstaza]
    #2110767 - 11/16/03 02:25 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

the smartshop was amazing. the lady who worked there was extremely nice and knowledgeable. sadly, they were out of the hawaiians (copelandias) and liberties because their grower was on vacation. i ended up buying the 'super gold' mexicans which i'm pretty sure were p. cubensis. it came in a pretty container and contained 35 grams of fresh shrooms.
i ate 18g and had a decent trip. i'm gonna head back up there and get some of the hawaiians before christmas.

thanks for all of the info everyone.

--------------------
follow the circle sur la plage
on a monocolored trip voyage

Offlinebungtrade
nirvana
Loc: London, UK
    #2110890 - 11/16/03 04:34 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

the shop i go to has 4 different "species" as well:

thai, mexican, truffles and columbian.

i've tried the mexicans and truffles. But does anyone have any idea what strain the columbian and thai shrooms could be ?

--------------------
Locust Abortion Technician

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: bungtrade]
    #2111002 - 11/16/03 06:35 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Species: Psilocybe cubensis

Offlinewietstocker
product ofevolution

Loc: Cranium, PNW
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: Anno]
    #2646902 - 05/06/04 06:09 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

These are the two types of "Hawaiians" that I came across while in Holland, the Copes and then these "Hawaii Cosmic" which indicates the same dosage as cubensis and is probably just a catchy marketing name. These things were cool. They independently described doses, and the effects of each type. If anyone is interested I have info sheets for Thai, Mexican, Liberties and Tampanensis truffles as well. A great (and no doubt unique) souvenir to bring back for sure!

--------------------
Echoes

Invisiblemjshroomer
Sage
Loc: gone with my shrooms
Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: wietstocker]
    #2649424 - 05/07/04 08:46 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

Every smart shop in Holland uses those same sheeets to id their shrooms. The only difference between them is the name of the smart shop. I also have those sheets from the Kokopeli Concsious Dreams Smart Shop owne d and oeprated by Veronique with hans Van Den Hurk, the man resposible for shrooms sellings in Holland.

HEre is a tray for the cubensis shrooms fromthe smart shop and they also come with info sheets. the sheets are also available in German, French, Spanish, Portuguese, and Italian among other countries. Plus english.

mj

They imply things like a 'visionary state of being', A dreamy state, etc.

AND ONLY THE c OPELANDIA SHROOMS ARE FROM hAWAII. tHE HAWAIIAN CUBES ARE FROM INDOOR GROWN shrooms.

mj

OfflineLoverOfMana
Hmm

#2649483 - 05/07/04 09:14 AM (19 years, 10 months ago)

I was just in Amsterdam bung trade, the columbian and thai were both cubes as well. The vendors just said they gave a slightly different kind of trip. They told me Thai was more visual, columbian was more body. Just marketing.

--------------------
"Prohibition goes beyond the bounds of reason in that it attempts to control a man's appetite by legislation, and makes a crime out of things that are not crimes." -Abraham Lincoln

OfflineViveka
refutation bias
 User Gallery

Re: smartshop -- dumbconsumer [Re: wietstocker]
    #2649825 - 05/07/04 12:01 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

...if you must smoke weed or hash it's better to wait till after you have felt the full effects of the mushrooms or it will increase your chances of having "flashbacks".

If you want to go down you should...take some vitamin C, this will bring you down from your trip fast.

Goddam. I guess even in a "smartshop" you have to be on the lookout for misinformation.

Offlinetezcatlipoca
but you can callme tez

Loc: nl, canada
    #2650024 - 05/07/04 01:19 PM (19 years, 10 months ago)

two thumbs up for liberty caps!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag