Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Making fun of deceased celebrities?..
    #20980139 - 12/15/14 03:21 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Why is it that the media, or just people in general feel it is ok for them to make fun of deceased celebrities?.

We see and hear about it all the time, for example I was watching American dad a while ago and they made a joke about heath ledger, about the way he passed away.. I loled at first, but then It occurred to me celebrity or not he was still a human being, he had family who loved him n shit and yet here is the television making fun of his death as if he were nothing to them.. It's pretty fucked up imho..

It's like once you're a celebrity the media owns you and they feel they can do whatever they like with you..

But god forbid you make fun of a real person..

I think it's pretty messed up that this seems to be an ok thing to do in society. Most people just wont do that when it is someone who isn't famous.. For example suppose there was a fatal car crash and you read about it on the newspaper to which there was no one famous involved, no one is going to make fun it, nobody is going to do a stand up about it or anything like that, because obviously it's not funny, but when it is a celebrity all of sudden it is funny and ok?..

What do you think?..

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShiVersblood
VAmPiRES HELLA ❤

Loc: United States of America Flag
Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: zZZz]
    #20980149 - 12/15/14 03:22 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

It seemed like people thought they had a free pass to make fun of Robin Williams dying just because he killed himself.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: ShiVersblood]
    #20980185 - 12/15/14 03:28 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Or remember when Paul walker passed away, the internet was full of memes making fun of his death on the very same day..

--------------------

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Loc: Netherworld
    #20980214 - 12/15/14 03:34 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Alas, in the eyes of current society, there is nothing worthy of respect anymore.  We as humans need to devalue everything in order to make ourselves feel better.

*pukes*

OfflineCj-B
All the same...I saw it first.
Male

Loc: The Library of Babel
    #20980222 - 12/15/14 03:35 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

If I'm allowed to make fun of Hitler or Richard Nixon or make snide comments about catholic priests fucking children then I'm allowed to make fun of dead Hollywood actors.

--------------------
"I have no way of knowing whether you, who eventually will read this record, like stories or not. If you do not, no doubt you have turned these pages without attention. I confess that I love them. Indeed, it often seems to me that of all the good things in the world, the only ones humanity can claim for itself are stories and music; the rest, mercy, beauty, sleep, clean water and hot food (as the Ascian would have said) are all the work of the Increate. Thus, stories are small things indeed in the scheme of the universe, but it is hard not to love best what is our own—hard for me, at least."

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: Dilsnique]
    #20980251 - 12/15/14 03:38 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I wouldn't care of people made fun of me when I was dead

--------------------
"Ur cat died because he hated u" - Koods
"I hope JSB kicks your ass one day." - Vandago
"you are the biggest 'internet guy' I have ever come across"- Jokeshopbeard
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft
"or maybe i just come from a blood line of superior intelligence" - trees

R.I.P Kelsy, ?/?/?? - 6/11/16

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: Sheekle]
    #20980253 - 12/15/14 03:39 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

And just because if you make fun of a dead person doesn't mean you didn't appreciate then while they were alive or think any less of them especially if it's a light-hearted joke in a friendly context

--------------------
"The more I see you post the more I realize you're just this fuckin tie dye loser who trolls the Shroomery 24/7." - Herbologist
"Sheekle you cannot vile the dice of bullshit you have posted on this forum over the years, I like databases" - thelastoneleft

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#20980282 - 12/15/14 03:43 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

What if u died of a heroin od and then like ur mom saw an ad on the paper of someone using it as a joke like the very next day.. U don't think that'd be a bad thing?..

I think if u truly appreciate someone u won't make of them in any way, not in this life, and not in the next..

--------------------

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

#20980295 - 12/15/14 03:45 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Sheekle said:
I wouldn't care of people made fun of me when I was dead

It happens to me whilst living, so after the fact is a given

Quote:

Sheekle said:
And just because if you make fun of a dead person doesn't mean you didn't appreciate then while they were alive or think any less of them especially if it's a light-hearted joke in a friendly context

True I guess.  Kinda like sayin' Hunter S. Thompson blew my mind and his own?

OfflineDilsnique
Admiral Admirable
Male User Gallery

Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: Dilsnique]
    #20980311 - 12/15/14 03:48 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

This thread has inspired me to request a grave stone with a big fat question mark on it

Offlinemy3rdeye
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
    #20980316 - 12/15/14 03:48 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

My buddy is a small time actor who worked with heath ledger and said he was the nicest guy you could meet.

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
    #20980340 - 12/15/14 03:54 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Our ancestors have spilled generations of blood and thus have paved the way for our dark ways.  Embrace and befriend your inner demons and don't pretend to be all daisies and shit because that's not what's shining through when you're not looking.

OfflineEL F00LI0
Seer Of Visions
Male

Loc: Chico, CA
Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: Hobozen]
    #20980359 - 12/15/14 03:57 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Trippy, I just watched that episode of American Dad half an hour ago :eek:

--------------------
Once in a while you get shown the light
In the strangest of places if you look at it right.

"Tat Tvam Asi"

Invisiblenewageshaman
Amateur Ethnobotanist
Male

Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: EL F00LI0]
    #20980550 - 12/15/14 04:28 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

It's perfectly okay in my opinion to poke fun at the dead, especially if what you are actually make fun of is infact true or has an air of truth to it. I find it more comforting to hear these jokes or comments on how people really where, as opposed to those people who happen to paint any dead person as a saint.

I see it too often, some of the most diabolical and insane people getting touted as good people as soon as they die by family and loved ones. Yet that same person during there life made other's feel pain and suffering, never showing remorse for there actions.

I would prefer people to make fun of me after I die as opposed to being painted as a all round good human being, hell i'd probably try and write some innapropriate jokes in my will aswell just for the shock value when all the family is there waiting to see what they will get out of my limp corpse. :rockon:

--------------------
:thumbup: If you found my response helpful then leave a positive rating :thumbup:
Drugs Done/To be Done: Weed, Mescaline, Bufotenin LSD Salvia, LSA, Psilocybin Mushrooms, Amanita Muscaria, Tabernanthe Iboga, AL-LAD, LSZ

InvisibleSheekle
FREE BURKE
 User Gallery

#20980588 - 12/15/14 04:34 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:
What if u died of a heroin od and then like ur mom saw an ad on the paper of someone using it as a joke like the very next day.. U don't think that'd be a bad thing?..

I think if u truly appreciate someone u won't make of them in any way, not in this life, and not in the next..

If the joke in the paper about my death was malicious and ill-intended then i'd obviously think that's shitty especially considering the fact that it was the very next day. But, if somewhere in there it said: "Now who's gonne clean his infamous cum socks?" Then I would be chuckling in my grave

--------------------

InvisiblezZZz
jesus

#20980596 - 12/15/14 04:36 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

They're hardly ever like that tho..

--------------------

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

#20980758 - 12/15/14 05:05 PM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Just listen to the first :15 seconds

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #20982768 - 12/16/14 12:18 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

I'd rather people tell me the truth to my face rather than living a lie and pretending to be my friend or pretending to not dislike me in some way. I hate fake people. People are so pathetic they can't even tell another human being what they REALLY think and feel about them. 

You know what, the dead person no longer has a soul anymore. Their souls have moved on.

You know what I have to say? Dead steve jobs can suck my dick for apple's engineered obsolescence.

OfflineAzure Essence
Male User Gallery

Loc: Flag
Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: occollegeboi]
    #20982817 - 12/16/14 12:29 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

We should be free to make fun of everyone, alive or dead. As long as you are aware that anything you have to 'make fun' of someone about is a deeply rooted issue that you have with yourself.

And I dont buy into the idea that certain sequential time makes making fun of others not OK, ie, 5 years a time makes a difference between living and dead, and therefore whether it's OK to make fun. Doesn't make sense.

And then, just look at the terminology. "Making Fun". How bad is making fun? I mean make fun, but dont be hurtful. That's where we revert back to point 1, if you're making fun too much, and malicious, it only even has to do with something wrong with you.

But making FUN is OK. Just dont be a dick.

Offlineoccollegeboi
MushroomSpaceGod
Male User Gallery

Re: Making fun of deceased celebrities?.. [Re: Azure Essence]
    #20982823 - 12/16/14 12:33 AM (9 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

Azure Essence said:
We should be free to make fun of everyone, alive or dead. As long as you are aware that anything you have to 'make fun' of someone about is a deeply rooted issue that you have with yourself.

And I dont buy into the idea that certain sequential time makes making fun of others not OK, ie, 5 years a time makes a difference between living and dead, and therefore whether it's OK to make fun. Doesn't make sense.

And then, just look at the terminology. "Making Fun". How bad is making fun? I mean make fun, but dont be hurtful. That's where we revert back to point 1, if you're making fun too much, and malicious, it only even has to do with something wrong with you.

But making FUN is OK. Just dont be a dick.

This is correct. Learn to laugh at yourself. Learn to laugh about yourself with your friends. It's not bad.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order