Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
an idea for perlite users.
    #2080781 - 11/07/03 11:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i'm often seeing and reading about shrooms which take a kamikaze dive for the perlite,caused by reflected light.

this might solve the problem.
when mixing your perlite and h2o/h2o2 add some dark blue or black dye/food coloring....you now have dark blue/black perlite.

ps i use hydroton so i wont be trying this,if anyone does please let me know how it goes.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: Hanky]
    #2080786 - 11/07/03 11:32 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: an idea for perlite users. [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #2080841 - 11/07/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

cool..you could add some flavouring too,peach flavour purto ricans or coffee cambos.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Offlinethechemist
Stranger

Loc: lost at sea
Re: an idea for perlite users. [Re: Hanky]
    #2080898 - 11/07/03 12:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Haa..thats great...im gonna have to try that..on one of my next casing ...ill let you guys know whats up..i have a bout a week left i think before i case again...

InvisibleLongStrangeTrip
Deadhead

Re: an idea for perlite users. [Re: Hanky]
    #11180825 - 10/04/09 02:37 PM (14 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Hanky said:
i'm often seeing and reading about shrooms which take a kamikaze dive for the perlite,caused by reflected light.

this might solve the problem.
when mixing your perlite and h2o/h2o2 add some dark blue or black dye/food coloring....you now have dark blue/black perlite.

ps i use hydroton so i wont be trying this,if anyone does please let me know how it goes. 

Could the problem be fixed by just keeping you terrarium in the dark, aside from the normal time of light exposure which the cakes need to pin?

And I have read that blue or UV light is most effective for pinning; do you think that's true?

--------------------
Nothing I say or do is factual; every single thing I write is a work of fiction. Got no idea what I'm talking about here~

"Once in awhile, you get shown the light, in the strangest of places if you look at it right"~  (Grateful Dead)

"o puer, qui omnia nomini debes"; "You, boy, who owe's everything to a name"~ Mark Anthony

"Nihil est incertius vulgo, nihil obscurius voluntate hominum, nihil fallacius ratione tota comitiorum."; "Nothing is more unpredictable than the mob, nothing more obscure than public opinion, nothing more deceptive than the whole political system."~ Cicero

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag