Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineLone_Wolf
Some Dude

Can't smoke weed since Amsterdam shroom trip, entered the void
    #20806923 - 11/07/14 06:21 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Hey first time post here
I don't know if this is the right thread as it has a little trip report in it, if it's not please lemme know.

Last month I was in Amsterdam for a bussiness trip and went to visit some coffeeshops. I'm a daily smoker for 2 years now and used to smoke every now and then for 6 years. I also ate shrooms a couple of times and smoked weed to intensify the mind high a bit. So after setting up a nice indica supply from the coffee shops I wanted to buy some 'magic truffles', they told me the trip is basically the same as with shrooms just less intense, So I bought a 'medium' trip (can't remember the exact amount in grams) of Hollandia - the best they had. Went to my hotel room and munched on them, they tasted WAY better than shrooms (a bit like walnuts) and let the high kick in with some music and comedy on the tv.

Everything was awesome with some great visuals, had some intense epiphanies about life, people, social order and status and 'experiencing' in general. When it reached its peak I smoked a joint to calm my racing thoughts a bit as I wanted to relax more and enjoy the wild visuals. Big mistake!

But then something on the door caught my attention just an inscription actually nothing special. But I kept staring at it, in the meanwhile something was going on inside my mind which - to me - is incomprehensible to this day. That mind-experience was getting bigger and more intense, so I focused on the inscription on the door. And the more I focused the more power it gained. That 'mind-thing' could visually best be described as a white static, so I continue concentrating as my concentration made it grow bigger and stronger in size, and in some way the more I focused on the inscription the static took some weird forms inside my head. And after a minute or so. I felt myself completely entranced in my own mind. It was as if I've gotten in a void of nothingness. Where truly nothing holds meaning anymore. That void and nothingness where nothing really mattered was a place where reality really held no meaning and was nothing more than an illusion. Accompanied by some Intense F*cking Thought!

So I shifted my attention towards the tv. And started looking around and trying to get out of that trance-like state. And it worked, I was focusing on the breathing walls, the animate inanimate. And I tried not to put much attention towards that particular thought.

When the trip was over I carefully rolled a pussy-joint and then the high hit me twice as hard as the shroom-trip. It blasted my mind back to that state. Except I found myself overthinking what the hell I experienced, creating irrational scenarios so I could comprehend what that intense feeling of 'voidness' was.

Now a month later, I Can't smoke pot without having to question EVERYTHING. That shroom trip somehow started the paranoia and anxiety but now it's too intense! When I want to chill with some friends and smoke a dooby, I'll turn into an introvert zombie, ignore the conversation and i'm gonna start questioning things that don't have to be questioning. Especially the meaning of life, a lot of death and the very foundations of reality itself.

I'm really thinking of quitting pot just for some time. But I don't know whether I'll lose my love for it or whether the paranoia and anxiety will hit me harder when I retry toking later.

Has anyone else experienced this intense void with shrooms? Will I ever find love in marijuana again???
And I heard shrooms can help with anxiety but I don't want a bad trip as with pot lately. Should I try medicating my mind with some more shrooms?
Intense experience! With intense after-effects

--------------------
By changing your mind
You can change everything

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinedevastind87
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: Finland Flag
Re: Can't smoke weed since Amsterdam shroom trip, entered the void [Re: Lone_Wolf]
    #20806994 - 11/07/14 06:43 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, well Indicas really do mindfuck you on mushrooms if you aren't prepared for it, especially if you are not used to the good kushes out there in Amsterdam. Pot there is really fucking strong compared to some of the shit you might get where you are from. And I know that feeling, I've been there myself.I was lost in the trip or 1 hour focusing on these visuals / feelings, being inside this weird state then I snapped back and chaos pulled over me, I tried to make sense of something but I could not. I tried hard to remember how to relax since my thoughts were so intense about that place I had visited. It was chaos and I said to myself I never want to go back there, then I too smoked weed after that trip and I get that mind-state often, questioning about so stupid unexplainable things. The problem is probably rooted in our subconscious, meditation worked for me. Try to clear your mind next trip and have a blast and you get a new approach to weed / mushrooms. Just be prepared next time.

--------------------
When the power of love overcomes the love of power, the world will know peace

OfflinePsyDragon
journeyman

Loc: state of perpetual transi...
Re: Can't smoke weed since Amsterdam shroom trip, entered the void [Re: Lone_Wolf]
    #20807010 - 11/07/14 06:48 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

I kinda know what you mean, if by questioning everything, you sort of lose the flow of the moment and get lost in it in your own mental space-- like being plunged underwater. I recall that with an intensity that left me speechless on more than one occasion in college. In those days, of course, cash was tight and so I tended to have more of a tolerance break running each time that I lit up.

These experiences were only uncomfortable when I was in the company of friends-- leading me to think all this time later that they were anxieties I hadn't then really digested. When you wrote earlier in your description of the psilocybin trip that you, "had some intense epiphanies about life, people, social order and status and 'experiencing' in general," I wondered if any of these ephipanies could be accountable for the thoughtstorm more than the pot, per se, and the intensity is just the THC perhaps hitting hard.

While I'm loathe to push you one way or another with your decision, it seems there are still some things you can try. Since I tend to smoke 'medicinal grade' cannabis, I've been in the habit of only smoking one or two proper hits at a go, -especially- after a tolerance break. My expectation is that this experience will probably diminish with time, good luck.

OfflinePsychedelic Love
Stranger
Re: Can't smoke weed since Amsterdam shroom trip, entered the void *DELETED* [Re: Lone_Wolf]
    #20807067 - 11/07/14 06:58 PM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by Psychedelic Love

Reason for deletion: .

OfflineLone_Wolf
Some Dude

Re: Can't smoke weed since Amsterdam shroom trip, entered the void [Re: Psychedelic Love]
    #20809192 - 11/08/14 09:12 AM (9 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Indicas really do mindfuck you on mushrooms if you aren't prepared for it,

Yeah they do, I learned the hard way. The other times where I smoked weed It kinda made me more relaxed and the trip got a little stronger, but with the Amsterdam pot it blew me to another dimension which I luckily escaped, the thoughts afterwards of me being trapped in that 'dimension' freaks me the fuck out!

Quote:

While I'm loathe to push you one way or another with your decision, it seems there are still some things you can try. Since I tend to smoke 'medicinal grade' cannabis, I've been in the habit of only smoking one or two proper hits at a go, -especially- after a tolerance break. My expectation is that this experience will probably diminish with time, good luck.

Yeah I definitely hope so and I'll retry toking with 2 hits at a time with the drop in tolerance... I sincerely hope your expectations will be met because this is no way of life, constantly worrying about it (whatever "it" is lol).

Quote:

Thinking of what happened to you will be almost like torture. I'm sorry but only you can try to put words into the meaning of what it meant.

The experience itself wasn't as much a torture as an unwanted and highly intense revelation, a "theory of everything" kind of trip. Though the feelings afterwards and the anxiety I build up is taking many shapes and forms and that's the torture!

Quote:

All in all, time will heal everything. Just be glad you've had this powerful experience, and you can go to the grave knowing you've went somewhere that no one could possibly have gotten you except yourself. Use it to learn more about yourself, and respect and appreciate everything around you, especially the simple things. As I've already stated, I can look at colors, clouds, grass, trees, rivers, anything so simple and just be in a majestic state knowing these are so beautiful due to my trips in the past. It will forever stay with you, make the most of it! And remember, there are no such thing as bad trips, only difficult ones!

This is awesome ^^
I really hope time will heal this shit and actually after reading this I'm quite entrhilled to be one of the very few who had an intense experience like this, visiting another "dimension" where everything we know holds no meaning anymore. A primeordial kind of place with nothingness...
Also yeah there's indeed no bad trips, only difficult ones :awehigh:

Thanks for your replies. Really helps me to know I'm not alone in this highly mystical experience. And I think I'll quit toking for a while now just until the paranoid anxious feelings pass.

--------------------
By changing your mind
You can change everything

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals