Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Perlite sticking to fruits. will it be safe after drying?
    #2079564 - 11/07/03 01:58 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

So for whatever reason, my shrooms decided they were going to be snakes, and they grew from the bottom of my cakes, and slithered across the perlite. When I harvested the 3 biggest mushrooms (the snakes) there was perlite stuck to the the shroom where it was touching the ground. I brushed most of it off, but i imagine there is still perlite particles on them or something. I was just wondering if the rest of it will easily come off after they are dried, or if I need to wash them off, or if theres really not much harm as long as I brushed most of it off.

also, how can you tell if an abort is rotted, or was beginning to rot? how sick can you get from eating a slightly rotted abort? I didn't think a certain mushroom was an abort, so I left it on, to see what happened, but after a few days it turned out to still be an abort. I just want to make sure it didn't rot and become bad for eating. thanks everyone.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: Perlite sticking to fruits. will it be safe after drying? [Re: shwowsh]
    #2079583 - 11/07/03 02:08 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

the rest of the perlite will brush off much easier when there dry,eating a little bit wont hurt anyway.
i end up eating a little vermiculite every time i eat shrooms.

regarding aborts..best to pick them just when they start to turn dark.
if it's slimey then trash it,if it's still rubbery like a fresh shroom then eat it.

usually there too tiny to worry much about.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag