Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Police: UF student grew mushrooms
    #2078932 - 11/06/03 10:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

http://gainesvillesun.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20031029/LOCAL/210290342

October 29. 2003 6:01AM
Police: UF student grew mushrooms

By KATHY CIOTOLA
Sun staff writer

University of Florida student was arrested early Tuesday for growing hallucinogenic mushrooms in his room at Fletcher Hall, said University Police Lt. Joe Sharkey.

A resident of the dorm called police at 2:16 a.m. because his roommate was sick, Sharkey said.

The sick student, a junior in business administration, told police he had eaten mushrooms and used marijuana and nitrous oxide, Sharkey said. Before bringing him to the hospital, authorities got the name of the student who gave him the mushrooms.

Police went to that room in Fletcher Hall and saw alcohol and numerous nitrous oxide cartridges in view, Sharkey said. The resident said his roommate was passed out.

Police went to his room and saw equipment for growing mushrooms.

"The equipment required for cultivation basically took up half the room," Sharkey said.

Dominic Leotti, 19, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia for growing the mushrooms, Sharkey said.

His roommate, Jacob Robert Lorenz, 20, was charged with possession of a controlled substance and drug paraphernalia.

The roommate who reportedly got sick on the combination of mushrooms, marijuana and nitrous oxide was doing much better Tuesday, said his roommate, who didn't want to be named. The roommate, who called for help, said it was scary to see his roommate so sick.

Sharkey praised the actions of the roommate.

"Thanks to his quick-thinking roommate we were able to make sure he was OK," Sharkey said.

Psilocybin mushrooms are hallucinogenic with effects similar to LSD. Their use dates back to at least 1500 B.C., according to the Drug Identification Bible.

They can cause panic, fear and hallucinations. The biggest danger comes from people who mistakenly eat poisonous mushrooms, thinking they are the psilocybin variety.

Tuesday's incident should serve as a reminder to students, Sharkey said.

"Any time you introduce these chemicals, you run the risk of something bad going on," he said.

The sick roommate was referred to judicial affairs, Sharkey said.

--------------------
http://heffter.org

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflinegeokillsA
∙∙∙∙☼ º¿° ☼∙∙∙∙
Male User Gallery

Loc: city of angels Flag
Re: Police: UF student grew mushrooms [Re: motaman]
    #2078963 - 11/06/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"The roommate who reportedly got sick on the combination of mushrooms, marijuana and nitrous oxide was doing much better Tuesday, said his roommate, who didn't want to be named. The roommate, who called for help, said it was scary to see his roommate so sick."

Hah! I can't fucking believe how many times they used the word roomate in that damn roomate paragraph.. my roomate can't neither, even though I haven't had a roomate since I had a roomate last year.. :crazy2:

--------------------

--------------------
··∙   long live the shroomery  ∙··
...π╥ ╥π...

OfflinemotamanM
old hand
 User Gallery
Re: Police: UF student grew mushrooms [Re: geokills]
    #2079021 - 11/06/03 10:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Hah! I can't fucking believe how many times they used the word roomate in that damn roomate paragraph

lol  :smile: 

--------------------
http://heffter.org

InvisibleWorld Spirit
PNW
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Re: Police: UF student grew mushrooms [Re: geokills]
    #2079229 - 11/07/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Geo, here's yet another instance where people ABUSED their mushrooms. A stronger statement on PREPARATION & SETTING needs to be established on both Erowid and here more importantly. I propose that we also have an article that not only guages which level of the mushroom experience, but one that also takes into account adding other items to the mushroom (while mentioning potential side effects - good and bad).

People drink caffeine and mix it with mushrooms. They should know how this combination effects them.

People smoke cigarettes and cannabis during the mushroom experience. They should have a logical article that is sound and thorough that they can refer to.

People take nitrous balloons and they should also know. Plus there's other stuff people are mixing like hash, LSD, research chems, opium, DMT, etc.

People deserve to have a reference article that is powerfully accurate that that can refer to. That way they have no excuse other than their own lack of investigating the possibilities.

I'm not experienced enough with other stuff to write the article, otherwise I would. Maybe Papaver is. ? Or someone else. ? 

:heartpump: is a key to liberty and knowledge

Invisiblezeta
Stranger

#2080047 - 11/07/03 05:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Did someone say roomate?  :shocked:

InvisibleLana
Head Banana
Female

Loc: www.MycoSupply.com
    #2080193 - 11/07/03 07:22 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

"The equipment required for cultivation basically took up half the room," Sharkey said.

Has anyone seen the size of an average dorm room??? :smile: 

My bathroom is bigger than some of those rooms.  Hahaha, this is a fine piece of propaganda.

Lana

--------------------
Myco Supply - Distributors of Mycological Products
http://www.MycoSupply.com

The Premiere Source for Mushroom Growing Supplies.
Visit us online or call us toll free

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
Re: Police: UF student grew mushrooms [Re: Lana]
    #2080447 - 11/07/03 09:23 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Growing in a dorm room is just asking to get caught. I don't know if it is the same everywhere, but when I was in the dorms they would make spot inspections in the rooms.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

Anonymous

#2081612 - 11/07/03 04:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

growing mushrooms in a dorm room + selling them to some idiot who lives in the same building as you while you're growing = stupid fucking idea.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
Re: Police: UF student grew mushrooms [Re: Lana]
    #2081773 - 11/07/03 05:30 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I think a prison cell is bigger than your share of a dorm in sq. ft.

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #2081790 - 11/07/03 05:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Americans... they're never wrong. You ever catch on that if you overdose or goto the hospital for something drug-related, you never get charged? Even when you openly admit to buying drugs?

Offlineneuro
Phytophiliac
 User Gallery

Loc: Rigel 7
Re: Police: UF student grew mushrooms [Re: ]
    #2088843 - 11/10/03 08:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i tried it once while i was in college and living in the dorms, one of the poo casings got contaminated and it stunk up most of the hallway when i went to throw it out..

OfflinePsykosisXochipilli
Psykonaut
Male

#11605456 - 12/07/09 06:00 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Why are there stupid ppl that dont use common sense. Its a school...not your house. its stupid ppl like both of them that ruin it for the rest of us. the person who grew them and the dumb retard who doesnt know what he is taking

OfflineDragonChaser
Ice in Her Ass and Pussy
Male User Gallery

Re: Police: UF student grew mushrooms [Re: TinMan]
    #11605531 - 12/07/09 06:12 PM (14 years, 3 months ago)

Quote:

TinMan said:
Americans... they're never wrong. You ever catch on that if you overdose or goto the hospital for something drug-related, you never get charged? Even when you openly admit to buying drugs?

What are you talking about dude?

Even if the sick room mate wasn't charged, he's still going before judicial affairs.  Which means he's gonna take it up the pooper.

--------------------
My name is Mud

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract