Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Double Dipped Acid?
    #2073229 - 11/05/03 12:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yesterday I had taken some acid which was great. But the friend I bought it from said it was "Double Dipped". I started thinking about this and wondered how it could possibly be dipped again since the blotter absorbs as much as it can the first time. I talked to my friend again today about it and he told me that the acid is first dipped and after the first time, twice as much LSD is thrown in the container and dipped again? Is that true? I would like to solve this matter since its been bugging me for some reason and I also for some reason don't believe what my friend says. If somebody with the knowledge about this could reply I would greatly appreciate it. Thanks.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTwirling
Barred Spiral
Male

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: Osker246]
    #2073258 - 11/05/03 12:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Supposedly it's rarely ever done since it's a way of time/effort, and it's more of a sales pitch. I wouldn't put any value in it.

--------------------
The very nature of experience is ineffable; it transcends cognitive thought and intellectualized analysis. To be without experience is to be without an emotional knowledge of what the experience translates into. The desire for the understanding of what life is made of is the motivation that drives us all. Without it, in fear of the experiences what life can hold is among the greatest contradictions; to live in fear of death while not being alive.

OfflineTheCow
Stranger

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: Twirling]
    #2073272 - 11/05/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I dont know about that logic. Take a piece of absorbant paper, put it in water. Take it out and dip it again. It makes no sense to me that it would then absorb twice as much water. I think its a marketing thing for people who dont understand basic physics. Of course maybe it is I who does not understand, it just makes sense to me that its a trying to get more money thing.

Edited by TheCow (11/05/03 01:02 PM)

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: TheCow]
    #2073294 - 11/05/03 01:08 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Double Dipped acid as far as I know is just a myth. However a drop of acid can be consideralby stronger from one batch than that of another. So instead of saying "more potent" acid..they can just say "double dipped"

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
    #2073307 - 11/05/03 01:11 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Osker246 said:
since the blotter absorbs as much as it can the first time

exactly

Quote:

he told me that the acid is first dipped and after the first time, twice as much LSD is thrown in the container and dipped again

possible, but doesn't make sense, why not put twice as much in the first time?  Sounds like a sales pitch to me, I believe Chinacat said that double dipping is just a sales pitch, it's only dipped once...and chinacat knows his stuff  :cool: 

--------------------

Anonymous

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #2073628 - 11/05/03 02:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Chinacat was right, yes.

OfflineGrapefruity
Lawn Gnome
Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: ]
    #2073703 - 11/05/03 02:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

hehe, im pretty sure double dip is a trick for dealers to sell more...the two times someone sold me ?double dipped? blotters, they didnt even work :tongue:

Anonymous

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: Grapefruity]
    #2073755 - 11/05/03 03:18 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I humored the last guy who was selling double-dipped acid because I somewhat trust him, and he was just telling me what his dealer told him. It was pretty weak, took 4 hits to blast me off this planet.. and they were $10/ea. stale...

Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: ]
    #2073935 - 11/05/03 04:27 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

HOw bout double dropped sugar cubes. Makes sense if someone is makin there own cubes from a vile of liquid.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: orizon]
    #2073968 - 11/05/03 04:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'd say like 5 or 6 years back, this one girl was selling "tripled dipped rainbow hits." I was like whatever, dipped once, twice, three times doesn't really matter. So I bought 10 hits off her for $80.

I don't know if this particular acid was stronger then acid I previously tried, but I tripped harder then I had ever tripped before on blotter. My brother, who is 9 years older then I and has tripped on acid at least 200 time more then me even admitted it was the strongest acid he had dosed on. It was like taking 2 hits of a really good strong acid. I was high for a soild 12 hours and the effects didn't completly ware off for another 6 more hours.

I'm not saying that triple dipping made it stronger... perhaps it wasn't even triple dipped... All I do know is I wish I could find the source of that acid and buy books of it. Anyhow, that's my story on "multiple dipped" acid.

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: djd586]
    #2074030 - 11/05/03 04:52 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It dosn't matter how many times the blotter was dipped
as stated before once dipped for the first time it absorbs
all the liquid it can hold and dipping it again won't do anything.
You could double the amount of crystals in the solution that
you dip your blotter in to make it twice as strong, but I believe
normal size blotter can't hold much more than 500 mics no
matter how concentrate the solution is.

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: John]
    #2074068 - 11/05/03 05:01 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes there is such a thing as a saturation point, double-triple dipped is just a marketing gimmick. ill double dip joor mutha though :ooo: :tongue:

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2074088 - 11/05/03 05:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

My cousin used to push TONS of LSD back in late 80's early 90's and he told me he used to get it double dipped sometmes. Im sure some people do it.

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

Invisiblechinacat72
eyes of theworld
 User Gallery

Loc: Terrapin Station
    #2074642 - 11/05/03 07:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

As stated above double and triple dipped blotter is a complete sale pitch.
The term was invented it in the 80's on Dead tour as a sales pitch to make the sellers acid seam more potent. Dipping again would be pointless.
People who lay blotter don't dip the blotter more than once. If an increase in potency is desired then the original dipping solution is made stronger. Example. Say I wanted to make doses that were twice as strong as usual. I would put 2 grams of crystal in 110ML. of everclear instead of 1. If my LSD was 90 percent pure this would give me doses around 180mcg. instead of 90mcg. Very rarely was potency doubled though.
If prices were good and we wanted to put out some dank paper we might use 1.25 grams to lay 10 tenpacks(10,000 doses). Or we would only pull 8 or 9 ten packs out of a gram by lowering the amount of everclear to 90ml.
Both these methods work for making the hits stronger.

To adjust potency of blotter you always adjust the potency of the solution it is dipped in. Nobody ever dips it a second time. This is fact.

I feel bad because this was a rumor created in the Dead community to help move certian kinds of paper. In my younger days when I sold sheets on the lot I probably used this sales pitch also. It was wrong ,but seemed harmless at the time. In the Dead family its a big joke now. "Like man make sure you double dip that shit."
In the old days on tour there would sometimes be 10-20 different kinds of paper around. So this created competition between tour kids to move their paper. You wanted to make it sound like the paper you were slinging was the best and most potent. Alot of times it was from the same batch.

--------------------
Some rise
Some fall
Some climb
To get to Terrapin!!!

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: chinacat72]
    #2075022 - 11/05/03 09:07 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I remember someone at MagFest this year telling me about some supposedly double-dipped blotter. The story was that the guy layed the blotter and put it up and forgot about it for a few months. When he found it he decided to lay it again. At the time, even, I thought that sounded really stupid. What kind of guy lays a book of cid and then loses it for half a year. Now that I've been doing some reading on the subject I know that it wouldn't happen.

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: chinacat72]
    #2075084 - 11/05/03 09:23 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

If I dipped a sheet and then I let it dry, couldnt I then re-soak it and therefor add more LSD?

I mean yeah of course you couldnt double dip it while it's still wet...

Edit: Yes I understand what you said about how if someone wanted to make a potent batch they would just add more crystal in the first place. You wouldnt want to do twice the work.

Edited by OctopusDr (11/05/03 09:25 PM)

Offlinejoeshitragpicker
Home Sweet Home

Loc: Atlanta Flag
Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2075128 - 11/05/03 09:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

think of a sponge. dip the sponge in LSD mixture, and let it dry. now, all the lsd that is going to fit in the sponge is already in there. dipping the sponge in acid again would do nothing but wet the sponge again. pretty easy concept.

--------------------

InvisibleOctopusDr
Octi Doci

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #2075135 - 11/05/03 09:35 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

No thats wrong. 

Edit: Haha :grin:

Edited by OctopusDr (11/05/03 09:36 PM)

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: OctopusDr]
    #2075148 - 11/05/03 09:38 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

That is what I was thinking. If you take a rag or something and dip it in salt water, let dry and repeat evenlualy you would have a rag encrusted with salt. I would think the same priciple could apply to acid. Ever seen all the shit that builds up on swampcooler medium?

The reason they would dothis? Who knows maybe so they can get several strengths from one huge batch of solution.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Offlinemntlfngrs
The Art of Casterbation
Male User Gallery

Re: Double Dipped Acid? [Re: joeshitragpicker]
    #2075162 - 11/05/03 09:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

joeshitragpicker said:
think of a sponge. dip the sponge in LSD mixture, and let it dry. now, all the lsd that is going to fit in the sponge is already in there. dipping the sponge in acid again would do nothing but wet the sponge again. pretty easy concept.

so the cid would magically separate from the alcohol as it is absorbed by the sponge the second time. Wow.

--------------------
Be all and you'll be to end all

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | Next >  [ show all ]

PhytoExtractum Shop: Buy Bali Kratom Powder