Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Everything is just a label for everything we can't explain..
    #2062429 - 11/01/03 08:41 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

It's like the more experience you have with drug use, the closer you come to understanding that cosmic concept that's secretly running things behind the scenes in music (and in life in general).. the more understanding I can accomplish the easier it will be to write music that hits the right "spots" emotionally. It's kind of like over the course of life, one's mind shifts drastically. What I now wonder is whether this is because of the drug use, or if it's simply that I'm aging (killing?) myself faster, therefore "growing up" faster?

*ponder*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineBlastrid
e l e m e n t al i t y
 User Gallery

Loc: The Desert
Re: Everything is just a label for everything we can't explain.. [Re: JacquesCousteau]
    #2062441 - 11/01/03 09:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Interesting.
So what are these "spots"? Are they merely sympathetic vibrations, or resonate frequencies that coincide with either body matter or the right brain waves? After all, everything is essentially vibrating, so there are common tones, and common frequencies. Scientifically, consciousness is a series of impulses in the brain, which are also called brainwaves. Can the right music affect those brainwaves?

And what might be this Cosmic Concept? Have you acheived it yet? Do you know that it is really there behind the curtain if you haven't understood it fully yet?
One thing that I always contemplate, and has been in S&P a number of times, is this:

Do mushrooms lift the curtain of this 'reality' to give you a glimpse of your true nature, and the way things operate behind the scenes; a REAL reality? Or do they further cloud reality, deceiving your mind as to what is real and what is a drug-induced delusional hallucination?

This I have many feelings either way. But for the sake of this argument (and to keep this in this forum) I'll not share.

I believe this cosmic concept that organizes music, and thus its affect on us is mathematical. Your ear knows what's pleasing because pleasing sounds resonate inside you, somehow. Either they really fuck with your body matter, or the frequencies bring forth a pleasing/sad/angry/relaxing/etc. memory, which puts you in that mood.

Music is made of ratios, fractions, sequences, waves, and combinations of it all. I agree, the more I experience with drug use, the close I come. But I also feel the more I study music, and create possibilities on my own, even MORE closer I come.

hopefully this will stay in this forum....

--------------------
Blas'?trid (bl?s tr?d)
    n.  3rd generation derivitave of a combination of 'bastard' and 'blasted'.  Used as both an insult or an expletive.
    ex.  Blastrid!

Stereopattern  <--My music.

OfflineJacquesCousteau
Being.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere, Everytime.
Re: Everything is just a label for everything we can't explain.. [Re: Blastrid]
    #2062568 - 11/01/03 11:24 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thanks for sharing, I enjoyed reading that..

Here's something kind of comical, or ironic, or something.. I just clipped a tree with my girlfriend's jeep and flipped it onto it's side.. I scraped my elbow a little, but no real injuries. It's fucking with my head, though, shit like this being thrown on top of a comedown...

Also:

"Do mushrooms lift the curtain of this 'reality' to give you a glimpse of your true nature, and the way things operate behind the scenes; a REAL reality? Or do they further cloud reality, deceiving your mind as to what is real and what is a drug-induced delusional hallucination?"

I full on agree with this, it's really hard to tell which it is.. in a way it's almost as if whichever you choose WILL be the real reality.. it's a matter of what we want to allow ourselves to perceive as BEING reality..

Fuck, I'm rattled.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder