Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Loc: Somewhere in the middle o...
Question about spore strains. * 1
    #2061340 - 10/31/03 05:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I have a question, which is purely theoretical, I only research spores and whatnot, so again this is theoretical, I'm not implying anything relating cultivating and mushrooms in the same sentence, THEORETICAL.
Anyway, lets say that I did know a freind of a friend that asked me a theoretical question about if he wanted to grow mushrooms for the first time, (4 yrs of reading about mushrooms, but just now wants to try) which spore strain of syringe should he get, & I know this is a question that is repeated alot around here, but he wants specific things in the strain. He wants to have it grow with fairly no problems, you know an easy spore to grow, that's fairly contam. resistant, very potent, although out of all the things he wants, potency is one of the last concerns, but mainly he wants a pretty big yield, & the strains of syringe he has told me that he's choosing from is Treasure Coast, Koh Samui, Golden Teacher, Equador, b+, Blue Meanies, Creeper, Matias Romero, & PF Classic (same as Matias Romero I've heard). So If you could make a suggestion out of the strains my friend is choosing from for my hypothetical question your input, is greatly appreciated, or if you have a strain that is not listed from my hypothetical friends hypothetical list that you suggest, let me know. Thanks, By the way mods if post is in the wrong place, please move to right place instead of locking it up, thanks.

--------------------
"Did you see what GOD just did to us maaaaan?" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
"As your attorney, I advise you to get a very fast car, & you'll need the cocaine too." -
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinestefan
work in progress

Loc: The Netherlands
Re: Question about spore strains. [Re: Cinopsilo] * 1
    #2062309 - 11/01/03 03:42 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

ok, everybody know's you want to grow shrooms  :mushroom2:
looks like theoretical is your favorite word...

I would go with the Equador or Golden teachter, but any of the cubensis strains are pretty easy to grow.

OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Question about spore strains. [Re: stefan] * 1
    #2062320 - 11/01/03 04:27 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: Question about spore strains. [Re: Annom] * 1
    #2062506 - 11/01/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I used B+ first time, no problems, no contams, and I hardly sterilized anything. I used mycobags.

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
Re: Question about spore strains. [Re: StrongBad] * 1
    #2062626 - 11/01/03 12:16 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Thai Koh Sumai (sp) is contaminant resistant and has been a fast colonizer on whole grains in my experience.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

OfflineCinopsilo
I'm back
Loc: Somewhere in the middle o...
Re: Question about spore strains. [Re: Seraph] * 1
    #2063298 - 11/01/03 05:41 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Well, I think my final choice is gonna be Thai- Koh Samui super strain, PF Classic, b+, Golden Teacher, & free mystery syringe being sent as well, but up until today I thought I knew a fairly great deal about mushrooms and growing, etc. And my fav. tek that I saw is the most fullproof shoot at growing successfully is the orig. classic PF tek, & then I realized apx. 3.5-8 dry grams is a general window of yield on one jar fruited, & I mean that's not even close to reasonable in my situation, i'm going for the big yields, so it's like I'm in a new world of oppurtunities and confusion, with all this talk about procedures I thought were for only the most hardcore shroom enthusiast, like Pasterization?, I had always heard about casing, and bulk-growing, and all these terms I never intended to get that far into it, but it's damn-near necessary to maximize fruits each time, & i'm fairly acclimated with the mushroom world dabbling for 4-5 years or so on and off. I just did'nt ever think I would have to learn all that, the PF tek was my easy, no complications tek, now, I'm just baffled, so many different ways, whoa i'm babbling with the beer again, my question was since I've learned about all these new casing teks, etc., etc., is there certain type of teks I should go buy for certain strains? or use certain substrates and such with specific species, by the way all the spore syringes I listed at beggining of my post are all cubes right?

--------------------
"Did you see what GOD just did to us maaaaan?" -Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
"As your attorney, I advise you to get a very fast car, & you'll need the cocaine too." -
Fear & Loathing in Las Vegas

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Question about spore strains. [Re: Cinopsilo] * 1
    #2065389 - 11/02/03 03:02 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yeah... they're all cubes... Pf-tek is a great way to get a feel for growing though... I'd recommend doing a couple jars just to see what yer gettin into and case a few jars with straight verm. You're probably gonna be really pissed if you try some advanced tek and fail... good luck though whatever you do.

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder