Home | Community | Message Board

Mycohaus
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Automation: The Next Step
    #2061206 - 10/31/03 04:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure how many of you have seen my past automation project (info in the shroomery FAQ), but if so you would have seen that I do not have the time to build these complex devices and such, so most of the site is about how to build your own.

Even so, I've also haven't gotten around to updating the website either, which isn't a biggie because not too many people stumble upon my project.

But let me get to the point, and get to it quick: How would you like a low-cost complete stand-alone automation system to control and regulate humidity, temperature, and other systems?

I'm planning on designing a new system, much improved over the last design, to take care of all automation needs in one solution.

The past problems with the automation system were its electrical complexity, its requirement of being attached to a PC and controlled by Windows software, and its limitation of only interfacing through the parallel port. There are a number of problems that arise from these limitations, as well, but I need not go into them.

The new design will attempt to make a box similar to the last, but instead having it stand-alone, freeing it from the PC. Also, the new design will be simpler to build, but hopefully this will not even be an issue if I am able to get this unit into production.

But what about the minor details? I didn't want to incorporate a user interface on the box, and I still wanted to have the advanced logging capabilities of the last version, so this new design will feature a USB port for you to connect to most computers.

Essentially, the box will be stand-alone and control your system, as well as log the sensors, and you will be able to hook up a PC via. USB while the box is in place, or you can move the box to a computer to interface. While connected to the computer, the included software will let you download and view the logfile, as well as create and modify the user program that is used to control your appliances.

I'll be designing this complete system in the coming weeks, and wanted to get the concept out there not only to make people aware that it is coming, but also to get your ideas if you think there are certain features that should be added or changed. I'll keep this thread up-to-date with the current information about the project; once I have something tangible I'll be updating the website as well as the section in the Shroomery FAQ.

I'll be selling assembled units, but as before, I'll also include plans on how to design a custom system similar to this (plans, schematics, simple software, etc). Although it won't include the advanced programming and logging software or my custom onboard (in-box) software, the chipset I'm using should allow you to build a complete system that can be controlled by an attached computer (on the USB port). I'll also make available free software more custom tailored to environment control.

Again, let the questions, comments, suggestions, and ideas flow!

Edited by poke smot! (09/07/20 01:40 PM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: poke smot!]
    #2061353 - 10/31/03 05:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Holy shit! People are hooking their mushrooms up to computers now?!?!

Reminds me of this conversation I had with this PhD today -- he hooked up a cell line from rat hypothalamuses to two computers and was able to detect the whole enzymatic pathway relating to puberty staring from inositol (relating to NAD, etc.) This kid's a fucking genius.

Honestly, I still use a tupperware bin and saran wrap. Maybe low tech, but it works and it's cheap. An automated system, however, is great if you don't want to have to take care of your mushrooms, at all. Props to you!

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineErik006
MushroomCultivator

Loc: Ontario
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: micro]
    #2062383 - 11/01/03 07:20 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Great too see your back at it. I'm very interested in this, but I dont have the knowledge to build one of my own, so if the price isnt too high, I will most definatly be interested in one of those boxes.

Erik006

--------------------
At last you know what ineffable is, and what ecstacy means

Offlineragadinks
MrBeatle
 User Gallery

Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: Erik006]
    #2062602 - 11/01/03 11:59 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm not sure how many of you have seen my past automation project (info in the shroomery FAQ),

where in the FAQ is it, I could not find it ?

Even so, I've also haven't gotten around to updating the website either, which isn't a biggie because not too many people stumble upon my project.

Where is that website ?

Sounds all very interesting ...

--------------------
-> Errors Are A Great Source Of Knowledge <-
-> It Is Not Important WHO Is Right But WHAT Is Right <-

Offlineichaelma
travler
 User Gallery

Loc: pacifif northwest
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: ragadinks]
    #2064149 - 11/02/03 01:13 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

well I'd sure like to check out your invention. where or what is
the website?

--------------------
who?what?where?why?when?

InvisibleEffedS
 User Gallery

Loc: Daylight Slavings
    #2064458 - 11/02/03 07:25 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

poke smot! = ?ber  techie.  :grin:

Offlinezeronio
Stranger
Male

Loc: Slovenia
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: micro]
    #2066927 - 11/03/03 01:16 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This is the original post: clicky .
I'm also thinking about this, but I didn't do much in the mean time. :wink:
You don't need it to grow cubes but it might be great for other hard to grow species. 

Invisiblemycofile
Pooh-Bah
 User Gallery

Loc: Uranus
Trusted Cultivator
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: zeronio]
    #2068059 - 11/03/03 01:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What's the target price? Or is it too early to pin down?

--------------------
"From a certain point of view"
-Jedi Master Obi Wan Kenobi

PM me with any cultivation questions.

I just looked at my profile and realized I had a website at one point in time on geocities, it's not there anymore and I have no idea what I had on it. Anybody remember my website from several years aga? PM if so please.

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
    #2068792 - 11/03/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It is great to know that you are back at it. I tried replicated this long ago but could not follow the programming side. Good luck on the new and improved.

Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

#2069015 - 11/03/03 10:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Just an amazing idea.

So could you control the environmental settings through the software on the computer? I would like to see pictures of this whole setup when you get everything together.

Offlineenimatpyrt
addict
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: angryshroom]
    #2074246 - 11/05/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I don't think it would require frequent monitoring / modification, you'd just have to create a system that constantly put fresh air in, blew it over the surfaces of the casing layer / mycelia layer, maintained ideal temperature, humidity and co2 levels. If you build a system that does this, it doesn't need to be constantly turned on/off, or have any modifications made to it. Airbubblers under perlite work fine for my theoretical friend.

--------------------
The needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or the one.

OfflineKosh
Stranger
    #2137518 - 11/26/03 11:21 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I'm interested in one, I think you could sell a lot of these once the word gets around.  :thumbup: 

OfflineLegoulash
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: Kosh]
    #2138052 - 11/26/03 01:43 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

This might seem off topic to this, but will water go through tyvek??

Its somthin iv geen wondering for an auto set up

Offlinegetmyshroomon
Trip Sydicate

Loc: 4 hours away from the mid...
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: Legoulash]
    #2140634 - 11/27/03 04:49 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

i could see this being used for cyan/azur cultivation but not for cubesies cause you can get very good results with 50 bucks worth of equipment, but for sure guy, keep at it!

--------------------
-Relax and take notes while i tokes on the marijuana smoke-Biggie Smalls

InvisibleLeaveMeAlone
Stranger

#2142552 - 11/28/03 03:57 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Full air conditioning regulator LB-760Afor mushroom cultivation halls

Climate regulator LB-760A is designed for measurement and regulation of full air conditioning (temperature, humidity, CO2 concentration, aeration) in a mushroom cultivation hall (or a similar cultivation for example in a greenhouse).    

Looks pretty fucking interesting. Wish I had the money to get it  :smirk:.... anyone want to buy me an X-mas present??  :tongue: 

--------------------
Love.

Offlineshroomologist
Loc: SouthEastern US
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: LeaveMeAlone]
    #2158267 - 12/04/03 01:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

still at it pokesmot? remember me?

still got my IM?

i can probable build a completely standalone unit with LCD for under $100 ...you supply the sensors and humidifier and heater...and it does the rest.... I'd use a PIC of some sort, depending on the I/o needs....

and i'd advise against USB, just because of the complexity of protocol. I'd use serial just because its easy, and you don't really need the throughput of USB anyway.....and, i'm working on a wireless unit right now for robotics, but it could easily be coded for home automation....and with a VB program you can control and log data.

it won't be that hard to program, i've just been away from the shroomery a while! PM me.

Invisiblepoke smot!
floccinocci floofinator
Male

Re: Automation: The Next Step *DELETED* [Re: shroomologist]
    #2349135 - 02/18/04 07:51 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Post deleted by poke smot!

Reason for deletion: x

OfflineAnnoA
Experimenter
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: my room
    #2349147 - 02/18/04 07:53 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

Definitely let us know when you have it ready, I am very interested!

Invisiblesci33
AmbitiousScientist
Re: Automation: The Next Step [Re: Anno]
    #2349808 - 02/18/04 11:16 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

I have a computer near my fruiting chamber. To hook up the box to the computer and then hook up the humidifier, lights, sensors, etc to the box would be cool. I guess I'd be able to log temperature, humidity, and whenever humidity drops below a level the humidifier would be activated, as well as timing the lights on a cycle from the computer.. possibilities.. keep us updated.

--------------------
Looking for:
Ps. weilii, Ps. samuiensis, Ps. hispanica, Pan. cyanescens (any strain I don't have)

Have:
Ps. cubensis, Ps. tampanensis, Pan. cyanescens (Australian, Tai-KS, Hawaiian, Jamaican, Ban Lipa Noi)

PM for a trade.

OfflineExtravagantDream
Beacon in theDarkness
 User Gallery

Loc: Somewhere in the Local Su...
    #2353079 - 02/19/04 01:13 AM (20 years, 2 months ago)

are you still sharing the software code?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder