Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDeTwizzle
Anyone
 User Gallery

Hey MrCloudy, Reishi?
    #20579558 - 09/17/14 01:00 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Found in KCMO. Definitely not on a palm, but was a downed tree of some sort.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: DeTwizzle]
    #20579592 - 09/17/14 01:08 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

No

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: WA Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: azur]
    #20579842 - 09/17/14 02:41 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Ganoderma applanatum

--------------------
~~~~~~***Psilocybin Mushrooms***~~~~~~
_________A Practical Guide To Psilocybin Mushrooms_________

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

InvisibleMidnightCity
Apache Rose Peacock
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida Flag
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: Joust]
    #20579916 - 09/17/14 02:58 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
Ganoderma applanatum

Offlinefry day
 User Gallery

Loc: PNW
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: MidnightCity]
    #20580400 - 09/17/14 04:51 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

That spored all over itself.

--------------------
"Shrub, 30-90 cm. Leaves 2.5-) 4-9 cm, sessile or amplexicaul, broadly ovate to ovate-oblong, obtuse or rounded to subapiculate or subacute, when crushed not smelling of goats."

"The initial quake was a 6.6 but fairly shallow. I felt it as a prolonged up and down vibration followed by a jolt forward and then to the left, like square dancing."

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Loc: Northeast US Flag
Trusted Identifier
    #20580738 - 09/17/14 06:25 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
Ganoderma applanatum

Its reishi if you want it to be. Reishi doesn't really refer to any one species of Ganoderma. Aloha calls it white reishi, I have seen others call it "ancient" reishi.

It can be used in a manner similarly to other Ganodermas and is likely quite medicinal possibly almost as medicinal as the Asian Ganoderma.

--------------------

10 different Ganoderma species from across the USA

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #20583010 - 09/18/14 10:08 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Mrcloudy said:
Quote:

Joust said:
Ganoderma applanatum

Its reishi if you want it to be. Reishi doesn't really refer to any one species of Ganoderma. Aloha calls it white reishi, I have seen others call it "ancient" reishi.

It can be used in a manner similarly to other Ganodermas and is likely quite medicinal possibly almost as medicinal as the Asian Ganoderma.

Unfortunately that is not the case.
Applanatum doesnt contain the ganoderic acid, or at least in concentrations that Ganoderma sinense does.
A study being done right now is showing that there may be only one species of medicinal reishi.

--------------------

:sporedrop:                      "Think about the species, not your scale". -NeoSporen                      :sporedrop:

"Mr. Joust, I see you don't actually partake in the psilocin, but it looks like it may partake in you!" -Gojira

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
    #20583047 - 09/18/14 10:20 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Any links or pdfs on that?

Invisibleazur
God of Fuck
Male User Gallery

Loc: Daid
    #20583072 - 09/18/14 10:27 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Joust said:
Quote:

Mrcloudy said:
Quote:

Joust said:
Ganoderma applanatum

Unfortunately that is not the case.
Applanatum doesnt contain the ganoderic acid, or at least in concentrations that Ganoderma sinense does.
A study being done right now is showing that there may be only one species of medicinal reishi.

:takingnotes:

--------------------

A cube is NOT a cube.

FALL IN LOVE WITH LC
FOTTSE!!!
ALL NOOBS READ THIS!!!

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: Byrain]
    #20583483 - 09/18/14 12:15 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Byrain said:
Any links or pdfs on that?

Ive contacted the guy but its not out yet. I herd this in a talk given by Paul kroeger at the Northwest Mushroomers in Bellingham.

He was saying that there was only one real medicinal reishi, which has been cultivated for so long and isolated its enhanced its medicinal benefits.
Not only that but the black reishi is sopposed to be much more medicinal anyways. They were doing a study in B.C. on this. I will contact him again. I know i will see him this year im sure, if not ill talk to Fred R. about getting a copy or at least finding out how i can support it. I believe i remember seeing the actual document on screen, but i may be wrong..

Ive said this a few times in threads, and I promise to dismiss my claims if i cannot support them. I know i can soon, this is what I herd, i never read anything. so... yeah. im excited to see it too!

--------------------

InvisibleByrain

Trusted Identifier
    #20583496 - 09/18/14 12:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Cool, looking forward to the update. :smile:

InvisibleJoust
Mycotographer
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: Byrain]
    #20583519 - 09/18/14 12:22 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Byrain said:
Cool, looking forward to the update. :smile:

yeah man, it might be a bit but im heading back to school this weekend so i will be in touch with everyone much more than this summer.

--------------------

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
    #20583717 - 09/18/14 01:21 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

There are other compounds such as triterpenes and a number of other compounds. I just read a study that looked through a few different species and found these compounds varied from species to species. It did seem to confirm that the traditional lingzhi contained the highest number of these followed by G.applanatum. Many other Ganoderma species contained a decent number of compounds but below that of those two. It seems each species is unique in its chemical make up and it hints I think that this could be one method of distinguishing species. Many compounds it seems are restricted to certain species, this is a good reason to study the phylogeny of Ganoderma more in depth.

Ganoderma- A theraputic fungal biofactory. (I don't have any links, it was sent to me as a pdf)

Seems to be a highly complicated medicinal, and to be entirely honest I do think some species are going to be way more potent, I also think that some species may do things the others will not, some will be better for allergies, while some may be better for tumor reduction, immune boosting etc. Ganoderma curtisii is the closest phylogenetic relative to the traditional Asian Lingzhi. It is very probable I think that Ganoderma curtisii is likely to have the closest chemical profile to the traditional reishi.

--------------------

AMU

MrCloudys guide to North American GanodermaUpdated A rough guide to North American Ganoderma species, with an emphasis on the laccate species.

Offlinecanid
irregular meat sprocket
Male User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: looking for zeebras, n. c...
Trusted Identifier
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: Mrcloudy]
    #20583723 - 09/18/14 01:23 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I would wonder: was the sample material uniformly cultured or taken from wild collections? I would even within the same specimen to expect some of the compounds to vary from one period to another during the growing/dormant season.

If I have the time, I'd love to read about some of this.

--------------------

Attn PWN hunters: If you should come across a bluing Psilocybe matching P. pellicolusa please smell it.
If you detect a scent reminiscent of Anethole (anise) please preserve a specimen or two for study and please PM me.

OfflineMrcloudy
Stranger than you.
Male User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: Hey MrCloudy, Reishi? [Re: canid]
    #20583735 - 09/18/14 01:27 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

This study I am reading used mycelial culture, mostly in a liquid broth, It looked at ethanol extracts, and water extracts. I think it also looked at extracts of the cultivated fruits both ethanol and water.

--------------------

AMU

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck, Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder, Kratom Powder for Sale