Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
Ignorant friends (I think)
    #2053797 - 10/29/03 01:54 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Okay, mushrooms are obviously a widely misunderstood drugs. Here's a few rumours I've heard going around about them. One, that the reason people get high is that you have to add heroin and coke to them after they're grown, and thats what trips you out. My cousin honestly believed that. Another one is that if you smoke mushrooms and it gets in your eyes it blinds you for life because they're poison and the smoke's toxicity turns you blind. And lastly (and I'm not sure if this is true or not), that psyclobe (sp?) is a poison and when you're tripping out its your body rejecting the poison. I always thought psychlobe was just a chemical like THC that affects your brain. Maybe an expert shroomer could help clarify.

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineAnnom
※※※※※※
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Europe
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: shroom_muncher]
    #2053857 - 10/29/03 02:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Everything is bullshit!  :smile:

InvisibleArmFromTheAbyss
Old Hand

Loc: Down here in Babylon
    #2053880 - 10/29/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

In the scope of all mushrooms, Psilocybe Cubensis, and all other psilocybin/psilocin containing mushrooms are considered poisonous. This is just in the mycological sense, some books will classify them as poisonous.

However, Psilocybin and Psilocin are not consiered to be toxic. You're not tripping because of intoxication. It's not like being drunk where your liver tries to break down the chemical but can't to all of it so therefore you're inebriated. Psilocybin which turns to Psilocin in your body changes your neurochemistry, and THATS what makes you trip. Just about anything could be toxic if we ingested enough. You'd have to eat a ridiculously impossible amount of Psilocybe Cubensis to die however.

Remain on the persuit of truth. :grin:
If they're stubborn don't even bother trying to convince them. 

--------------------

InvisibleJohn
ssdp.org

Loc: Vancouver, B.C.
    #2053953 - 10/29/03 02:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

. One, that the reason people get high is that you have to add heroin and coke to them after they're grown

Ask him where the herion and coke comes from when they grow natural, or do farmers now fertilize there fields with drugs:smirk:

--------------------
There's a thin line between sanity and insanity... and I just snorted it.

Offlinedjd586
Underpants Gnome

Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: John]
    #2053972 - 10/29/03 03:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'd be hard pressed not to bitch slap these friends of yours if I encountered them. Ignorance sucks!

--------------------

Phase 1... collect underpants... phase 2...??? ... Phase 3 - PROFIT!

Offlinebarfightlard
tales of theinexpressible
Male

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Canoodia
    #2054058 - 10/29/03 03:42 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

shroom_muncher said:
Okay, mushrooms are obviously a widely misunderstood drugs. Here's a few rumours I've heard going around about them. One, that the reason people get high is that you have to add heroin and coke to them after they're grown, and thats what trips you out. My cousin honestly believed that. Another one is that if you smoke mushrooms and it gets in your eyes it blinds you for life because they're poison and the smoke's toxicity turns you blind. And lastly (and I'm not sure if this is true or not), that psyclobe (sp?) is a poison and when you're tripping out its your body rejecting the poison. I always thought psychlobe was just a chemical like THC that affects your brain. Maybe an expert shroomer could help clarify.

LOL I love hearing stuff like that. Just today someone was saying that if you smoke mushrooms you will get bubbles in ur lungs or somehting like that and then mushrooms would grow there too. hahaha

--------------------

"What business is it of yours what I do, read, buy, see, say, think, who I fuck, what I take into my body - as long as I do not harm another human being on this planet?" - Bill Hicks

OfflineEkstaza
stranger than most
 User Gallery

Loc: Around the corner
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: djd586]
    #2054893 - 10/29/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

djd586 said:
I'd be hard pressed not to bitch slap these friends of yours if I encountered them. Ignorance sucks!

Me Too!!!

Do these people ever stop to think about the shit that they are talking about.

I think that I'm going to start my very own line of bullshit.
"Licking asphalt will make you trip balls for three weeks, because when they make the asphalt they add confiscated LSD to try and get rid of it."

--------------------
YOUR EXPERIENCE WITH ANY GIVEN DRUG ISN'T THE DEFINITIVE MEASURE OF THE DRUGS EFFECTS.

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
    #2054939 - 10/29/03 08:38 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: coke and heroin???? hahaha, thats the funniest thing ive heard all day. you must hang out with some real jackoffs. 

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: Infrared]
    #2054962 - 10/29/03 08:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

When i hear crap like this i respond immediately and firmly with a

"You're wrong."

If they argue furthur..

"think what you want, your entitled to that, You are wrong, however your wrongness has no affect on me."

Then if they argue furthur or show inquizitiveness ill provide them with truth and numerous references available from any library or computer and explain to them how theyve been *had*.

Makes someone think when you can dispell their truth in a matter of seconds.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

InvisibleOsker246
Stranger
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: PDU]
    #2055011 - 10/29/03 08:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

there is nothing more than false information that pisses me off. If people would just keep their mouths shut for once...maybe people would finaly realize that drugs are not all that bad.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: Osker246]
    #2055088 - 10/29/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Osker246 said:
If people would just keep their mouths shut for once...maybe people would finaly realize that drugs are not all that bad.

They dont need to keep their mouths shut, they need to open and use the minds they were given. They need to break down this *trust* thats been built into society - where fact is wrong, and media isnt questioned.

People need to honestly question everything they hear, then maybe they'll realize.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Offlineshroom_muncher
ex-dope fiend

Loc: The great white north
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: Osker246]
    #2055091 - 10/29/03 09:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think its just cause mushrooms don't come around much where I live. Hopefully I'll be able to change all that!

--------------------
peace sells but whos buyin?

Anonymous

Post deleted by Anno [Re: PDU]
    #2056445 - 10/30/03 07:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Offlinecaolite
Ambient Drone

Loc: Second star on the right.
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: ]
    #2057052 - 10/30/03 12:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I saw tel lthem the whole they are wrong bit, and if they are still not convinced get a mushroom and (even though I feel it doesn't do anything) smoke it nd let the smoke hit your eye, then atrt freakin out, and stuff, then like jump up and be like, "OH MY,if only I had listened to my very smart friends!." Laugh....

OfflineNoviseer
Percussion isFree
 User Gallery

Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: caolite]
    #2057245 - 10/30/03 01:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

The way I combat this misinformation is by living my life in direct contradiction to them. I freely admit that I eat mushrooms, and then I go out and get strait A's. I smoke pot, and am sure to live a "motivated" lifestyle, taking initiative, getting out there and doing things.

--------------------

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: Noviseer]
    #2057337 - 10/30/03 01:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yes, proving someone directly wrong and having an example (such as yourself) to augment the point, is very effective.

I suppose i do this often enough just through my use of language and whatever. Just how i talk proves that i dont have holes in my brain or thats its not bleeding or whatever...although it might indicate ive gone abit cosmic...ahahah.

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

OfflineOook
Oook!

Loc: England
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: PDU]
    #2058103 - 10/30/03 05:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

But to be fair cannabis does actually demotivate you its not just lies. Although I also understand that this demotivation does not effect everyone.

The guy with the highest grades in our class tokes everyday.

I always find it funny when people to refer to bad trips as something that will normally happen in a psychadelic experience.

OfflineSeraph
ShroomiN'SeraphiM
Female

Loc: South Flordia
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: ArmFromTheAbyss]
    #2058910 - 10/30/03 09:36 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

just to clarify
ArmFromTheAbyss1
Quote:

However, Psilocybin and Psilocin are not consiered to be toxic. You're not tripping because of intoxication. It's not like being drunk where your liver tries to break down the chemical but can't to all of it so therefore you're inebriated. Psilocybin which turns to Psilocin in your body changes your neurochemistry, and THATS what makes you trip.

psilocin turns into psilocybin and your trip for the same reason that you would roll when consuming MDMA. Psilocybin is very much like seratonin, which causes a happy feeling, and an overload of seretonin in the synapse can trigger rapid fireing of neurons which leads to hallucinations.

It is true that these two chemicals are not toxic in any way. The LD50 is like such a high number that you would be sick of eating shrooms before you died from an overdose. Thats not to say that you should go eat 10grams as anyone is not quite mentally prepared for something like that.

--------------------
(\(\
( -.-)
o_(")(")

~nicole

InvisibleMal_Fenderson
Space Monkey

Loc: North American Plate.
Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: Seraph]
    #2058968 - 10/30/03 09:56 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Minor correction! According to what I've read, it's actually psilocybin which is transformed via some process to psilocin.

Also, regarding the comparison to MDMA, from what I understand, MDMA acts not as a serotonin agonist, but, it allows for more rapid/effective transportation of your naturally occuring serotonin into the synapse and hence the receptor sites. This is in contrast to psilocin which is a similar enough molecule to various neurotransmitters that it can bind to the receptor sites itself and bring about the wacky hallucinations, etc. Of course, erowid/a library says all of this in a much better/more complete way that I have. But, that's correct insofar as it's a "view of MDMA/psilocin from 10,000 feet". Is it incorrect? Being wrong sucks...

--------------------
----
"Better Dead than Red."

OfflineNiamhNyx
I'm NOT a 'he'
Female User Gallery

Re: Ignorant friends (I think) [Re: Mal_Fenderson]
    #2059575 - 10/31/03 01:15 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

According to my own research you're right, Mal. At least on the fact that it's psilocybin that turns to psilocin which then binds to seratonin receptor sites.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag