Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract
    #20514486 - 09/03/14 01:38 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Hi People.  I watched a video on YouTube which said you could actually get the same effects as drinking the tea by consuming gel capsules containing powdered mimosa bark and ground Syrian Rue seeds.  From the comments it appears to actually work so I'd like to try it.

However instead of seeds I ordered x25 Harmala extract (surprisingly available on eBay) as I read it makes it easier to go down however I've no clue how much of the extract I should use for a good experience.

Any dosage advice or experiences of trying this would be appreciated.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineHarryL
Squnä'am
Male User Gallery

Loc: Washington State
Re: Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract [Re: sarahnya]
    #20515843 - 09/03/14 06:24 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Not sure I have heard of anyone actually tripping on bark... Sort of think its an urban ledgend but try to keep an open mind...
Seems like a rough way to go though, humans don't eat a lot of bark normally...  let us know how it works for you

Harmala extract is basically 25 times more per weight than whatever it's based on, so in theory if you would normally ingest 50 gm of 'stuff' you would need 2 gm of 25x

Can't really tell you more than that... Perhaps it will come with dosage advice??

Seems like you have two variables in your experiement... Bark and the extract... If you don't trip, which one was the problem?

Peace

--------------------
Mushroom hunting:  One bad mushroom can ruin your day! Know it or throw it.

Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract [Re: HarryL]
    #20516826 - 09/03/14 10:15 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

He'll it's worth a go, that or I could try the tablets and brew up the bark I guess.

Can the tea be stored at all for later use?  I'm worried I'll waste the vary if I eat it but that video has a lot if positive comments so I have a feeling it will work.  Perhaps I'll try both, I'm unsure on both accounts of dosage.

InvisibleMikeBearPig
Not liked.
 User Gallery

#20518475 - 09/04/14 09:42 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

You only need a maximum dose of 3g of Syrian rue (seeds).  Over this you will have diminishing returns.

So what ever that works out to, go for it.

Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract [Re: MikeBearPig]
    #20518773 - 09/04/14 11:00 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I don't have the actually seeds, only the extract x25 from them, I really need to know how much to use, I think 3g will be too much.

Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract [Re: HarryL]
    #20518802 - 09/04/14 11:05 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

HarryL said:
Not sure I have heard of anyone actually tripping on bark... Sort of think its an urban ledgend but try to keep an open mind...
Seems like a rough way to go though, humans don't eat a lot of bark normally...  let us know how it works for you

Harmala extract is basically 25 times more per weight than whatever it's based on, so in theory if you would normally ingest 50 gm of 'stuff' you would need 2 gm of 25x

Can't really tell you more than that... Perhaps it will come with dosage advice??

Yeah this i a bit of a headache.  In the youtube video he said 2-3g of the seed so that must be a TINY bit of extract :frown:

Seems like you have two variables in your experiement... Bark and the extract... If you don't trip, which one was the problem?

Peace

Offlineacapuchinu
visionary student
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #20518880 - 09/04/14 11:20 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have heard of it and it works but I wouldn't recommend it. It is much harder on the stomach, and the tea is already pretty hard on the stomach as is.

--------------------
TERENCE MCKENNA IS THE BOSS!

Awesome Trippy Vid!

My Salvia Trip Report

All posts on this account are completely fictional.

Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

Re: Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract [Re: acapuchinu]
    #20518906 - 09/04/14 11:26 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Oh great lol  I thought the idea as that it was less vomit inducing.

Oh well I'll have a bucket handy.  I'm scared about that extract though, I don't want to overdo it.

InvisibleMikeBearPig
Not liked.
 User Gallery

#20518999 - 09/04/14 11:50 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I was saying.. Use the rough estimate of 3g's of seeds to get how much x25 extract you should use.

Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#20519033 - 09/04/14 12:02 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

So maybe 0.5mg?  I think I need some scales :frown:

InvisibleMikeBearPig
Not liked.
 User Gallery

#20519047 - 09/04/14 12:09 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

That is also a FULL dose of harmala. It is in its self a pretty trippy experience depending on your native DMT levels.  Be careful when dosing please!

Ingesting Harmala is more effective at night also.

Offlinesarahnya
Stranger
Female User Gallery

#20524062 - 09/05/14 12:11 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Ok so I'm going for 0.5mg of harmala and 6g of root bark eaten in pills.  If it doesn't work I'll brew the tea. I'm eating confusa instead as I want to save the mimosa I have left for dmt extraction since I can't buy it anywhere.

I'm taking it from reading comments here and on that youTube video I have to take the harmala first, then after an hour or so if I feel it's effects I know I've taken enough and should take half the cost of mimosa and give it another hour before consuming the rest if it's not strong enough?

InvisibleMikeBearPig
Not liked.
 User Gallery

#20524321 - 09/05/14 01:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Sounds like you have the idea!

I suggest you stop being critical about times and go on how you feel.

Dose the harmala, once it has achieved its duty, then drink!

Set yourself up to win, calculate weight and DMT %'s in your bark and try to hit the 35-50mg mark.  That should be once helluva experience.  If you are not going to take 30-50, then try to dose just once.  I have not read anything saying that you can drink more to up your experience after you have already drank some. 

You might need somebody else to chime in on this.. I think it would be really self soothing to you if you found out how much you want to ingest and then just go for it.

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

#20524517 - 09/05/14 02:13 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

MikeBearPig said:
I have not read anything saying that you can drink more to up your experience after you have already drank some.

You can, or atleast i know i can. I take about 180 to 185mgs of freebased Rue extract in a capsule (extracted myself), and when it's fully kicked in i'll drink an egg white cleansed Mimosa or Acacia tea, and i can drink the tea throughout the experience, thus keeping the Mimosa/Acacia around a little bit longer. As long as MAO-A is inhibited, DMT should be active orally. So if you're not at the desired spot, you can always apparently drink more tea or maybe even take more capsules and have it work, but atleast i know it works for me.

--------------------

InvisibleMikeBearPig
Not liked.
 User Gallery

Re: Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract [Re: Sabnock]
    #20524546 - 09/05/14 02:25 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I am glad you spoke up, this seems like it would be instant relief for the worry tripper!  Thank you

Offlinemusiclover420
psychonaut
Male User Gallery

Loc: PNW
    #20524571 - 09/05/14 02:35 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have been buying purified harmalas off of ebay for awhile now. Extracts like what you have I have heard are somewhat hard on the body since they are full spectrum not harmala isolates they apparently have more plant dye in them and hence more nausea. PM me if anyone wants a good source, I recently found out they started selling THH on ebay as well! As for dosage I usually take 1-200 mg of harmalas.

--------------------
Don't worry about me, I've got all that I need. And I'm singing my song to the sky

You know how it feels, With the breeze of the sun in your eyes. Not minding that time's passing by

I've got all and more, My smile, just as before. Is all that I carry with me

I talk to myself, I need nobody else. I'm lost and I'm mine, yes I'm free

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract [Re: musiclover420]
    #20524738 - 09/05/14 03:16 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

musiclover420 said:
I have been buying purified harmalas off of ebay for awhile now. Extracts like what you have I have heard are somewhat hard on the body since they are full spectrum not harmala isolates they apparently have more plant dye in them and hence more nausea. PM me if anyone wants a good source, I recently found out they started selling THH on ebay as well! As for dosage I usually take 1-200 mg of harmalas.

The freebase full spectrum extract is awesome, and is nice and clean feeling. Nausea and vomiting comes with dosage, and even with purified Harmalas, at the right dosage, it WILL cause nausea and vomiting. The Rue full spectrum or even Caapi full spectrum is not at all hard on the body, the only thing hard on the body is when you take a large dose of Harmalas or full spectrum extract, because the Harmalas themselves apparently activate the Nicotinic/Muscarinic Acetylcholine receptors which in turn triggers the 5-HT3 receptor activation thus causing nausea and vomiting.

The way i like to think about it, is what that Hamilton Souther guy said once, the reason for nausea and vomiting is because your body has had too much of the Harmalas, the Harmalas are what triggers the nausea.

And as for buying extracts online, i wouldn't, i would just buy the plants and make the extracts myself, it's really easy and much cheaper per dosage if you buy the plant material in bulk, especially with Rue.

For me, dosage is 180mgs to 185mgs, 200mgs being quite strong. My dose at 180/185mgs lasts a good 7 to 8 hours, and doesn't cause hardly any nausea at all, but if any nausea does show up, Cannabis can take care of it, but at higher Rue or pure Harmala doses, my sensitive stomach will purge.

Quote:

MikeBearPig said:
I am glad you spoke up, this seems like it would be instant relief for the worry tripper!  Thank you

Indeed, i too am glad i figured this out, because now i can not only extend the duration of the Acacia/Mimosa but i can also get to where i want to be and ease myself out into the deep end :smile:

--------------------

Offlineacapuchinu
visionary student
 User Gallery

#20525161 - 09/05/14 05:26 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I like the info here! I also kinda figured that you can redose on ayahuasca but was never sure 100%.

I've never had rue extract, I have always made a tea till now, (8 or so trips). If I don't have gel caps would it be better to do a tea than extract?

--------------------

Awesome Trippy Vid!

My Salvia Trip Report

OfflineSabnock
Be Your Own Shaman
Male

Re: Pharmahuasca Dosage Advice using Harmala Extract [Re: acapuchinu]
    #20525188 - 09/05/14 05:35 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

acapuchinu said:
I like the info here! I also kinda figured that you can redose on ayahuasca but was never sure 100%.

I've never had rue extract, I have always made a tea till now, (8 or so trips). If I don't have gel caps would it be better to do a tea than extract?

You can still make the extract into tea, by dissolving it into something acidic. Though i've never drank the tea or the extract, i've used capsules each and every time, even with ground up Rue seed. Though with capsules you'd definitely need a mg scale to accurately weigh out your extract dose, but if you made the extract into a tea, you could measure it by mls.

--------------------

Edited by Sabnock (09/05/14 05:52 PM)

Offlineacapuchinu
visionary student
 User Gallery

#20525258 - 09/05/14 06:01 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I have a mg scale so that won't be a problem. I just don't have a a capsule filler or whatever they are called :p.

And on a side note, it really saddens me to hear so often about how they basically made mimosa illegal in the US. I lived there almost my whole life and moved away a few years ago. I'm fortunate I have no problem ordering mimosa here, I hope they never change that.

--------------------

Awesome Trippy Vid!

My Salvia Trip Report

Edited by acapuchinu (09/05/14 06:04 PM)

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Capsules