Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Loc: Flag
I miss Bill Hicks * 2
    #20505723 - 09/01/14 11:39 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I PM'd this to somebody recently and it had me thinking:

Bill Hicks is like the voice of the father I never had. This guy is golden. I wish he would have lived longer. I love the man and his voice and ideas. I shudder at the beauty of the world in which he and men like Aldous Huxley would have us live in. I wish the world was like PS: Island, and that Rant in E-Minor was the gospel.

"I left in love, in laughter, and in truth and wherever truth, love and laughter abide, I am there in spirit."

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (09/01/14 11:41 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: pfxtc]
    #20505749 - 09/01/14 11:48 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

:awepreciation:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
    #20505765 - 09/01/14 11:53 AM (9 years, 6 months ago)

I miss him very much, too.  I still listen to his stuff.  Apparently Russell Brand misses him too.  In a recent video, he puts Bill Hicks in league with some great names. 

Quote:

"A lot of my great heroes are American - Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, Bob Dylan. I love America - American food, American attitude, Jack Kerouac, American literature... - Russell Brand

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #20505815 - 09/01/14 12:03 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Tmethyl said:
:awepreciation:

Exactly. At one point in my life I looked at a picture of him I had on my wall every morning to get the courage to wake up :lol: How gay is that? He just speaks so clearly to me, along with George Carlin and Jello Biafra.
Quote:

Learyfan said:
I miss him very much, too.  I still listen to his stuff.  Apparently Russell Brand misses him too.  In a recent video, he puts Bill Hicks in league with some great names. 

Quote:

"A lot of my great heroes are American - Bill Hicks, Richard Pryor, Bob Dylan. I love America - American food, American attitude, Jack Kerouac, American literature... - Russell Brand

He's still 100% relevent, and it's disturbing. Listen to Jello Biafra's spoken word too Learyfan, you'd like him I think.

Bill Hicks was severely underrated, before and after he died.

Him and Jimi Hendrix's deaths were absolute travesties to the overall creative genius of humanity.

--------------------

koods said:
Young male going by the name "Bassfreak" entered Worcester General complaining of a sharp pain in his buttock region after attending EDM event. Attending physician considered a possible diagnosis of acute rave anus, but upon further investigation it was determined there was nothing cute about patient's anus.

Life-long trip report

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20505855 - 09/01/14 12:12 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Yeah, I'm a Jello Biafra/DK fan from way back.  I saw him speak, met him and got his autograph in 2000 at WVU.  I love him. 

But yeah, it's definitely disturbing that Bill Hicks isn't irrelevant yet and that it feels like he's commenting on today.  I'm sure Bill would like nothing more than for his commentary to be obsolete. 

--------------------

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: Learyfan] * 1
    #20505877 - 09/01/14 12:17 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Learyfan said:
Yeah, I'm a Jello Biafra/DK fan from way back.  I saw him speak, met him and got his autograph in 2000 at WVU.  I love him. 

But yeah, it's definitely disturbing that Bill Hicks isn't irrelevant yet and that it feels like he's commenting on today.  I'm sure Bill would like nothing more than for his commentary to be obsolete. 

See now you're a cool dude. I've seen Jello twice, never spoken word though. Just music. Front row. He puts on a hell of a show. One of them was almost life changing, it was so much fun. I was totally star struck because I've been listening to his spoken word for years before I saw him. He's shaped me as a person and I chose my major because of him [Environmental Science]. That's so cool you have his autograph. I got Henry Rollins' autograph on my DAMAGED LP from a Spoken Word show he did, but he's not nearly as cool.

Jello and Hicks are both totally relevant. Even the same names/agenda's. It's crazy! I think Hicks would prefer to be dead if he knew how the world was 20 years after his death :lol:.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Edited by pfxtc (09/01/14 12:20 PM)

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: pfxtc] * 1
    #20505881 - 09/01/14 12:18 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

How is this guy not more famous?

The things he says are just beautiful.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

OfflineTmethylM
Smear in the shale
 User Gallery

Loc: Florida
    #20505940 - 09/01/14 12:35 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:

:emotionalmoment:

--------------------
¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: Tmethyl]
    #20505947 - 09/01/14 12:37 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

"If man were taken away from the world, the rest would seem to be all astray, without aim or purpose, and to be leading to nothing" - Francis Bacon, 1619.

LETS ALL KILL EACH OVER OVER BELIEFS!

YEAH!

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: pfxtc] * 1
    #20505961 - 09/01/14 12:40 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: pfxtc] * 2
    #20505985 - 09/01/14 12:47 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

The fact that Religion causes so much turmoil is the most idiotic thing out there. People should embrace their beliefs, Religion itself is fine, Religion is just a "thing". What humanity does with it however, is a totally different topic. Fucking pathetic that they kill over it. Idiotic bullshit.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #20506007 - 09/01/14 12:53 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:
The fact that Religion causes so much turmoil is the most idiotic thing out there. People should embrace their beliefs, Religion itself is fine, Religion is just a "thing". What humanity does with it however, is a totally different topic. Fucking pathetic that they kill over it. Idiotic bullshit.

BAN EVERYTHING. I 100% don't want kids to enter this stupid society. I love my mother, the Earth, and my God, the Sun. Everything else is pretty dumb.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

OfflineLearyfanS
Male User Gallery

#20506045 - 09/01/14 01:01 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

pfxtc said:
That's so cool you have his autograph.

You know what?  I just went looking for it because I was going to take a picture of it and I can't find it!  It's not with my other autographs.  WTF.  But yeah, he took questions when I met him and I raised my hand and asked him something like "Do you believe that psychedelics are a catalyst for the next step in human evolution".  He goes "No, I don't believe that.  Look at all the burned out hippies from the sixties.....".  I knew he wouldn't agree, but I wanted to see what he would say.  :grin:

Quote:

pfxtc said:
I got Henry Rollins' autograph on my DAMAGED LP from a Spoken Word show he did, but he's not nearly as cool.

That is extremely cool!  Honestly, a Rollins autograph is just as cool as a Biafra autograph.  The fact that you have yours on the Damaged LP makes yours a little cooler, in fact.  I've always been a Rollins/Black Flag fan, but lately I've been noticing that I agree with almost EVERYTHING the guy says now a days.  His opinions on politics, etc. are very similar to mine, it seems.  Check out this article by him.  Also, thank you for bringing him up, because as I was searching for that article, I noticed that he has a new History Channel show called 10 Things You Don't Know About.  Wow!  DVR set to record all!  :yesnod:

Quote:

pfxtc said:
How is this guy not more famous?

The things he says are just beautiful.

I'm not shocked that he's not more famous to regular people, because the truth he speaks is too difficult for people to hear, but I am shocked that he's not more famous on The Shroomery.  Back in the day, Bill Hicks was a regular topic in The Pub.  Now a days, I post on the anniversary of his birth and death and no one comments.  :shrug:

--------------------

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: Learyfan]
    #20506271 - 09/01/14 02:00 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

thread makes me sad.

the best comedians and poets of the world are up there with the greatest rock and roll stars and musicians of the world. they create art that is of the best quality and is, also most importantly, art that brings people together in it's greatness.

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: Learyfan]
    #20506328 - 09/01/14 02:13 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Bill Hicks is a great patriot. People want stupid, not funny. I heard somewhere that comedians are funny, COMICS are philosophers.

You must find the picture! I wanna see it!

Jello is kind of a be here now type of guy. Stop driving cars, watching TV, eat vegan, shop local, recycle, etc. Very radical man, but I enjoy the delusions and wish some of them were realistically applied to our world.

I had to walk around for 4 hours with this stupid thing in my backpack before I got it signed.

Henry Rollins is a very nice man. He stayed 3 hours to sign EVERYTHING for EVERYONE. I got pictures of us all too somewhere, but no clue where.

I try to post on the anniversary posts. Sometimes I miss them and forget you're even a poster here haha. I leave this place from time to time and it's nice to talk to older members.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

#20506335 - 09/01/14 02:14 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

And I'll check the links. Spoken word keeps me insane.

I prefer Carl Sagan and Jello Biafras stuff the most. Very many hours of entertainment. I get annoyed by the Zen/Hindu dudes though (Ram Dass, etc.). Too 'prissy' if that makes any sense, probably not.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: akira_akuma]
    #20506355 - 09/01/14 02:19 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

akira_akuma said:
thread makes me sad.

the best comedians and poets of the world are up there with the greatest rock and roll stars and musicians of the world. they create art that is of the best quality and is, also most importantly, art that brings people together in it's greatness.

Jimi Hendrix's electric church comes to mind
Unity through vibrations

People are so fucked

John Lennon was a fucking nut
but he had it right

i wanna go outside and say hello to someone
wanna come smoke and play a game

they'd call the cops on me

weird

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Offlineakira_akuma
Φύσις κρύπτεσθαι ὕψιστος φιλεῖ

Loc: Onypeirophóros
    #20506412 - 09/01/14 02:30 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

it's just because they're jealous of their inferiority. and i laugh at people like that wholeheartedly. if the police were kicking the shit out of me on the street... with the onlookers from their windows... i'd laugh at them all.

OfflineShroomin Capote
Prog Head
Male

Loc: Aural Plane
    #20506533 - 09/01/14 02:50 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

-American: the bill hicks story- is a good documentary.  I cant find it on YT anymore though.  I fucking love this bit!

--------------------
:leaf::leaf:

Offlinepfxtc
RUEXP?
 User Gallery

Re: I miss Bill Hicks [Re: Shroomin Capote]
    #20506540 - 09/01/14 02:51 PM (9 years, 6 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomin Capote said:
-American: the bill hicks story- is a good documentary.  I cant find it on YT anymore though.  I fucking love this bit!

Yeat that's an amazing film. Love how they used photographs to convey the story. That trip with mushrooms by the beach sounds incredible.

--------------------

koods said:

Life-long trip report

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder