Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Loc: Dungeon
My cousins cousin's 1st pins!! UPDATED (pix)
    #2050100 - 10/28/03 09:37 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hey, my cousin called me up today, to come take some pics of his cousins 1st pins.  !!!  I know, I know, the pics are dark, blurry, and overall shitty, but hey!, all I have is a $15 webcam. My cousin, and even his cousin, don't have anyything to take digital pics with! We are poor country folk!

I was told these are PES Hawaiian. I wouldn't have a clue, but they look cool!

Most of them seem to be coming form the bottom of the cakes:

He says the two that weren't cold shocked have MANY more pins than the one he did cold shock:

Cakes are fruiting directly on perlite, with a thin layer of vermiculite between:

He says he first noticed them last night, but I was at work. So I went there today. They are about 1/4" long, and there are literally hundreds of hyphal knots all over the two non-cold shocked:

Pics of the cold shocked cake are not available, as there was nothing to photograph. If I have the time later in the week, I will return to his house to snap a few more. I hope you all enjoyed the photography, though it is highly un-professional!  :tongue: 

--------------------
I come alive in the darkness.

Edited by DMJ (10/30/03 06:05 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: My cousins cousin's 1st pins!! [Re: DMJ]
    #2050191 - 10/28/03 10:36 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

way to grow,tell your cousins cousin i said congratz :thumbup: 

Offlinesupra
computerEnthusiast
Loc: TEXAS
Re: My cousins cousin's 1st pins!! [Re: ]
    #2050552 - 10/28/03 12:31 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

good job, my cakes always seem to pin only on the bottom, i dont know whats up with that, but you seem to be well on your way, when the shrooms start getting bigger you may want to watch for the bottoms of them getting waterlogged since they are touching the perlite, you can just put a piece of plastic in between the cakes and the perlite, at least that is what i did

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Re: My cousins cousin's 1st pins!! [Re: supra]
    #2056396 - 10/30/03 05:44 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Is it possible to add more pics to this?

--------------------

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

#2056407 - 10/30/03 06:03 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Hhhhmmmm, that link didn't show up last time!
UPDATE-2 DAYS LATER

10-30-01
Well, I went back to my 2nd cousins today. He said he was hoping to have them ready by Halloween, but it isn't going to be possible. Oh well, what do I care? I hafta work Halloween!

This is more growth than I expected to see in less than 48 hours, but my cousin's cousin said that it is normal. ??? Crazy!!!:

Grew from pins to 2 inches FAST!!:

Although all 3 cakes were birthed the same day, all 3 are in different stages of development. This pic is of cake # 2, slightly behind #1, but still ahead of #3, which was Cold Shocked (to speed it up?):

And this is the Cold Shocked cake:

You feeling OK?

My cousin wants me to ask this question, also: " Even though the sides of my fruiting chamber are covered to block the light, I still have some pins growing down. Some are already touching the perlite. What has caused this?, and can it be remedied? Thanks."

I know, this should probably go in the Grow Log, but I wasn't figuring on posting more pics, but my cousin's cousin insisted I snap some more photo's!

--------------------

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

#2058152 - 10/30/03 05:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Just a little bump..........to get this question answered........hopefully.

" Even though the sides of my fruiting chamber are covered to block the light, I still have some pins growing down. Some are already touching the perlite. What has caused this?, and can it be remedied? Thanks."

--------------------

InvisibleLiL_KuSsH
Lost In The Trip
I'm a teapot

Deleted [Re: DMJ]
    #2058163 - 10/30/03 05:48 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Post deleted by administrator

OfflineDMJ
creepyatmosphere

Re: My cousins cousin's 1st pins!! [Re: LiL_KuSsH]
    #2058213 - 10/30/03 06:00 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Ok, he never read that anywhere.......but, he does know he needs a bubbler for the geolite. What about hydroton?? He's never heard of that. Does it wick the water? Any links? He's willing to give it a try, because, he says that even though he is new, he doesn't like the idea of having to pick some of them early.

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   Myyco.com Penis Envy Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds