Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Loc: Canada Flag
Nightmares
    #2041999 - 10/25/03 01:34 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

What are they, exactly?

I don't remember having many nightmares since I was a kid. The days when I was still afraid of the dark, consistently peeking at that pile of clothes in the corner thinking.. it's....IT'S A MONSTER!

Lately I've been having some problems sleeping. I don't know what the reasons are, really. I just lie there in bed, it doesn't seem to matter how tired I was to begin with, as soon as I get in those covers, my body just seems to flip itself back onto awake mode and it just won't pass out!

With that said, I'm not sure if this contributed to my dreams last night, but I figured it might been worth mentioning.

Last night, after many years of not recalling many "scary dreams" I had a some really...scary dreams. Back to back, one after another. I distinctly remember 3 of them, one of them someone died, and the detective seemed to think I was a suspect, another one, one of my best friends ended up chasing me, trying to kill me with a knife, and another, there was a monster loose, eating people.

Yeah, these are pretty basic descriptions, and yeah, the feeling of being chased or hunted down seems to be a common 'nightmare' type dream..just the feeling of fear, the feeling of death approaching, the feeling of wanting to pass out after running for so long, were extremely intense and real.

I don't know what to think, really. I'm not exactly expecting anyone else to, either. All I know is dreaming is some serious territory to be exploring, for the last couple years I've been practicing lucidity and using these dreams to my advantage. Last night was just..wow. I was not in control, I was being controlled. I was running for my life. From what? Myself?

*shrug*

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Loc: 9th Dimension Flag
Re: Nightmares [Re: ekomstop]
    #2042052 - 10/25/03 01:59 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Nightmares are subconscious fears, that need to be dealt with.
Usually caused by situations, usually unresolved, that create tension in your life, manifested in your relationships with others.
At the root, it is just fear.
The only way to transcend them, is to face them directly, without fear..with love.

--------------------

Offlinestart25
    #2042067 - 10/25/03 02:06 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

THis is pretty obvious but maybe something is going on in your life that is contributing to these negative thoughts- especially seeing that you had insomnia. I have suffered from insomnia for years, and without pot I would still be suffering. I realize that I am worse though when I am stressed or worried or I feel like I am bound to some engagement I do not like- I seem to lay in bed thinking about it for hours. I've been having bad dreams now for the past 5-6 years. I would say at least half involve fighting, killing and people chasing me (no supernatual stuff though). But also, more importantly, I often have psychic dreams, I'm not sure if you ever do, but if these are not part of your normal dream pattern then maybe you mind is trying to warn you of something.

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Loc: non-local
    #2042114 - 10/25/03 02:21 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Last night was just..wow. I was not in control, I was being controlled. I was running for my life. From what? Myself?

Pretty much. Or more specifically, your own negative thought patterns. They are magnetically attracted to you (this is why your perceive them as chasing you) and possess more power in the realm of the unconscious. Do not go to sleep until you've made peace with your life. Anything you are dwelling on at bedtime will follow you into your sleep. It's normal to lie in bed and think about your day, but at some point you must let go and live to fight another day.

As far as insomia goes, make sure to get some exercise several times a week and eat healthily. That's usually the first place to start.

--------------------
I AM what Willis was talkin' bout.

Anonymous

Re: Nightmares [Re: start25]
    #2042124 - 10/25/03 02:25 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

A couple quotes.

this is a crucial step in dealing with illusions.
no one is afraid of them
when he preceives he made them up.
the fear was held in place because he did not see
that he was the author of the dream,
and not a figure in the dream.

forgiving deams are kind
to everyone who figures in the dream.
And so they bring the dreamer full release
from dreams of fear.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2042144 - 10/25/03 02:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, they are likely related to something going on in your life that is causing you strife in one way or another. The best way to deal with these things is to face the issue in your life that may be bothering you. Like Jellric said, exercise and healthy diet can also help a great deal. If it's a subconscious mental issue, I find meditation can help a lot... you can deal with the fear directly in your dream... but some mental preparation beforehand helps for sure.

--------------------

Offlinestart25
Re: Nightmares [Re: Shroomism]
    #2042177 - 10/25/03 02:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

yes I have negative thought patterns, I'm at the point where i recognize why I think the way I do, now I'm trying to conquer them. I think it also stems from a self loathing issue, so the characters in my dreams are really all characters that I see in myself, and that's why they are always fighting each other.

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2042198 - 10/25/03 02:51 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah.. often the evil characters that we run from in our dreams are just aspects of our own personality/self, that we try and avoid. It is said that what we hate in others is just a reflection of ourselves. Loving yourself, even the things you hate about yourself, is the key to overcoming those issues. Sit down and talk to that character face to face, and create peace between "you two".

--------------------

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2042233 - 10/25/03 03:04 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Shroomism said:
Yeah.. often the evil characters that we run from in our dreams are just aspects of our own personality/self, that we try and avoid. It is said that what we hate in others is just a reflection of ourselves. Loving yourself, even the things you hate about yourself, is the key to overcoming those issues. Sit down and talk to that character face to face, and create peace between "you two". 

Heh, one night I remember having a dream that I was sleeping in my bed and I woke up and saw an alien standing by my bed, and I started screaming, and then I woke up.. well, I TRIED to scream. I don't know if any of you are associated with the "trying to scream but nothing comes out" thing, but it ain't fun. Later that morning, I had a dream that someone came right through my door, climbed on top of me and started choking me.

Recently, I have had dreams that I aquire Superman's abilities, and I am starting to become more aware of my dreams and am starting to go lucid... My dreams end up being bizarre epics that rival great movies....

I really haven't had nightmares, though, for the longest time.

Anyways, I would suggest you get a dreamcatcher, man, and hang it somewhere above your bed. That will do the trick. My dad makes them, I could tell you how, actually..... :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

#2042277 - 10/25/03 03:22 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, I figured it could definetly be related to things going on in life, as these last few months have definetly been quite stressful in various ways..

To top it off, a couple days ago I spent alot of money I dont particularly have on something very important to me.  It's being shipped in from the states, un-insured, and at zero value (on the receipt) in order to keep customs from charging me all sorts of taxes just to get it across the boarder.  Basically if its damaged or lost somehow on its journey, I'm in big doodoo. 

This situation has obviously blown my overall stress out of the water, but even so, I don't exactly see how dreams with themes of killing and whatnot can be directly related to these types of situations.. 

I mean, I can, in a sence, but I mean, there are various different things contributing to the overall stress in life, while these dreams seemed to revolve around basically one thing..Death/Fear.

Which I guess could mean..All the different things contributing to stress in life, could also be revolving around the same thing..

Anyhow, thanks for the replies everyone, I'm definetly going to try to just relax, and hope for the best. Maybe tonight will present me with something a little more pleasant. Of course, a bit of excercising defiently wouldnt hurt, either.

*goes and makes some tea*    :thumbup:

Offlinef8L
Triumph

#2042290 - 10/25/03 03:26 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I had a really weird 'nightmare' dream the other night. I don't remember exactly what was happening, mostly images of blood rivers or something-- but what was incredible, was I realized that I was having a nightmare and just "WENT WITH IT" -- Kind of like you would go along with a bad trip'-- just a few moments later the nightmare completely vanished... weird huh?

Offlineekomstop
Male User Gallery

Re: Nightmares [Re: fireworks_god]
    #2042296 - 10/25/03 03:29 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

fireworks_god said:Anyways, I would suggest you get a dreamcatcher, man, and hang it somewhere above your bed. That will do the trick. My dad makes them, I could tell you how, actually..... :grin:
Peace. 

hehe, That might be worth considering, actually.  I think the idea of dream catchers might be one of those, "If you believe it will work, it will work" type deals.  Although, of course, it is always possible they do actually work.

It's also possible, I would think, that instead of getting a dream catcher and trying to avoid these bad dreams, it might be a good idea to face them, experience them, and learn from them, rather than continuing to run from them..  I mean.. They must exist for a reason.

:smile: 

Offlinefireworks_godS
Sexy.Butt.McDanger
Male

Loc: Pandurn
    #2042302 - 10/25/03 03:33 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

ekomstop said:
It's also possible, I would think, that instead of getting a dream catcher and trying to avoid these bad dreams, it might be a good idea to face them, experience them, and learn from them, rather than continuing to run from them..  I mean.. They must exist for a reason.

Well, the dreamcatcher will do the dirty work, snaring the nightmares and holding them until the Sun comes up and destroys them once and for all.... but hey, fuck the Sun, I fucking hate it to. ?chants "The night time is the right time, the night time is the right time"?. :grin:
Peace.

--------------------
:redpanda:
If I should die this very moment
I wouldn't fear
For I've never known completeness
Like being here
Wrapped in the warmth of you
Loving every breath of you

:heartpump: :bunnyhug: :yinyang:

:yinyang: :levitate: :earth: :levitate: :yinyang:

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2043167 - 10/25/03 10:40 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Like Seuss said, exercise and healthy diet can also help a great deal.

Hello, Seuss.  (Wherever you are!)  :stoned:

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

Re: Nightmares [Re: f8L]
    #2043184 - 10/25/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

images of blood rivers or something-- but what was incredible, was I realized that I was having a nightmare and just "WENT WITH IT

Go with the flow..of blood?  :smile:

Quote:

WENT WITH IT" -- Kind of like you would go along with a bad trip'-- just a few moments later the nightmare completely vanished... weird huh?

Nice spiritual judo there. Just let the negativity pass around you.
Don't take it head on. 

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
Re: Nightmares [Re: Jellric]
    #2043187 - 10/25/03 10:46 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Woah..I'm stoned..  :tongue:
I didn't look at the username..just the avatar and assumed it was Seuss  :nut: You two have similar colors and stuff...

:spliff: :stash: :bong: + + :nut:
:grin: :grin:
heh.. sorry  :smile2:  I'll edit that..

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2043200 - 10/25/03 10:53 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Heh, np..just pickin at ya, bro!  :wink:
It might not be a bad time to rotate avatars..lemme see..

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2043242 - 10/25/03 11:09 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

I know.. all in good fun..  :cool:

To get slightly back on topic.. I took a nice long nap today, where I was wandering around in my dream and I came across a group of people, and for some reason they really didn't like me, and started chasing me and trying to hunt me. Lucky for me, I was semi-lucid..so I could jump onto rooftops and stuff.. and run really fast to get away. But they kept up.

Then I woke up and got a glass of water, and went back to sleep to finish what I had started. For some reason I can consciously re-enter my dreams pretty easily just through will. Well, when I got back into the dream, I knew I was dreaming.. so I tried flying. It took more effort than usual, as I could only fly up about 40 feet and then I would start sinking back to the ground. There was only one guy left that wanted me dead, and he chased me around for a good long while..but I was better than him at running and flying around.. so I eluded him for a while, but it didn't solve anything. Finally I decided to confront him and make peace, and the next thing I knew we were sitting at a table facing each other, and he seemed really agitated, like I had done something to him and he didn't want to forgive me.. but after a few seconds of telepathy it was all good. I then proceeded to spend the rest of the dream flying around over an ocean, it was great.

Dreams like that are about the closest I come to nightmares these days.. a fear is chasing me.. I run for a while.. finally confront it.. it dissapears.. then I have a lucid dream. According to my "dimensional" friends, nightmares and lucid dreams take place in the 5th dimension.. nightmares being in the 'dark' side, or dense vibration of the 5th density..where beings feed on fear.. and lucid dreams being on the 'light' side, or less dense vibration.
I haven't had a full-on nightmare in years. Nightmare being where I am just frozen in fear, and the being is feeding on my fear. Those dreams suck.. but you learn from them, if you so choose.

After I wake up from dreams like that, I have a sense of accomplishment. They aren't just dreams. I faced something.. perhaps a subconscious fear..something that was bothering me.. I don't know exactly..but it's not there anymore, because I transcended it directly in the dream state. 

It's a good feeling to have control over your dreams. I will lay down and think, "I am going to fly", or.."I am going to meet a chick", or "I am going to go on a secret mission"..and I will go to sleep and it will happen. The possibilities are endless. It's hard to describe the feelings exactly, but they are intense to say the least, and very real. After I woke up from that first dream where they were chasing me, I had some really weird unexplainable thoughts, and I knew I had to go back to sleep to confront them. All in a days work. 

--------------------

InvisibleJellric
altered statesman

#2043294 - 10/25/03 11:32 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

After I wake up from dreams like that, I have a sense of accomplishment. They aren't just dreams. I faced something..

The Sensai tribe is a native people that rely heavily on lucid dreaming as part of their culture. One of their teachings is that should you encounter anything negative in your dream, you should face it. Sometimes a being that is experienced as evil will transform into the image of something beautiful when you face it with respect rather than fear. You end up gaining strength from the encounter.

--------------------

InvisibleShroomismM
Space Travellin
Male User Gallery
Folding@home Statistics
    #2043314 - 10/25/03 11:37 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yes, and that's exactly what happened.. I woke up feeling better than ever and quite refreshed. Even my roommate who woke me from my dream, commented as soon as I woke up that that was the happiest he had ever seen a person right when they woke up. I had a big old smile plastered across my face.

Lucid dreaming is part of my culture too.. I couldn't live without it. I should visit this Sensai tribe....

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Left Coast Kratom Kratom Powder For Sale