Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomCube.com
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinefunwithnips
Stranger
 User Gallery
According to this site Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata grows in Indiana I have some questions about that
    #20355164 - 07/31/14 11:01 AM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I cant find any information on this topic other thank it grows along the ohio river valley. Ok so I was wondering does it grow in all of like southern indiana where bodies of water can overflow into a forest or do I have to go to the ohio river valley to find it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlinefunwithnips
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: According to this site Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata grows in Indiana I have some questions about that [Re: funwithnips]
    #20355892 - 07/31/14 02:29 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Am I asking the wrong question or is answering against site rules or something? All I wanna know is why the list was recently changed Im not asking where to find it. Does anyone know why they took some of the gym species off and added the Psilocybe? Btw Im referring to the "Which magic mushrooms can I find in my area?" list.

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
Re: According to this site Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata grows in Indiana I have some questions about that [Re: funwithnips]
    #20356005 - 07/31/14 02:58 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

It could grow there, it is recorded as growing as far south as Georgia, as far east as New York and as far west as California, all of which are outside the Ohio Valley area, so something as far north as Indiana is certainly feasible. Only way to find out is to go look.

OfflineStoges
Biochem-Student
 User Gallery

Loc: NM, USA Flag
Re: According to this site Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata grows in Indiana I have some questions about that [Re: doctorghosty]
    #20356031 - 07/31/14 03:05 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

doctorghosty said:
Only way to find out is to go look.

:like:

Offlinenomendubium
 User Gallery

Trusted Identifier
Re: According to this site Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata grows in Indiana I have some questions about that [Re: Stoges]
    #20356103 - 07/31/14 03:23 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

There is no doubt in my mind you could find it in Southern Indiana, near the ohio river. How far north you might find it is open to speculation. Of course you aren't likely to find it at all until April of next year (in Indiana)

--------------------

Offlinefunwithnips
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: According to this site Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata grows in Indiana I have some questions about that [Re: nomendubium]
    #20356163 - 07/31/14 03:40 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Damn whose decision was it to add it to the list a month after the season is over?

Offlineheelsplitter
 User Gallery

Loc: Midwest
    #20356173 - 07/31/14 03:43 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

funwithnips said:
Am I asking the wrong question or is answering against site rules or something? All I wanna know is why the list was recently changed Im not asking where to find it. Does anyone know why they took some of the gym species off and added the Psilocybe? Btw Im referring to the "Which magic mushrooms can I find in my area?" list.

I asked a similar question earlier this year. As far as I know the only evidence for ovoids in Indiana is anecdotal. Until there are confirmed finds, ovoids probably shouldn't be listed under Indiana in "Which psilocybin mushrooms grow wild in my area?" I'm almost 100% certain they grow in Indiana, and I've scouted good habitat there, but I'm not in Indiana during ovoid season. You probably don't have to go to the Ohio River to find ovoids, but the Ohio River is the only body of water in Indiana that already has confirmed ovoid finds (not in Indiana).
Quote:

funwithnips said:
Damn whose decision was it to add it to the list a month after the season is over?

It was on the list by 4/21, maybe earlier.

Offlinefunwithnips
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: According to this site Psilocybe ovoideocystidiata grows in Indiana I have some questions about that [Re: heelsplitter]
    #20356232 - 07/31/14 04:00 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

I think they might be tring to urge people to make confirmed finds by putting it on the list.

Invisibledoctorghosty
is the name of me
Male User Gallery

Loc: North GA, God's fav
Trusted Identifier
    #20356407 - 07/31/14 04:36 PM (9 years, 7 months ago)

Quote:

funwithnips said:
I think they might be tring to urge people to make confirmed finds by putting it on the list.

that is a tad bit tinfoil hatty, IMO

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds