Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds - Original Sensible Seeds
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED!
    #20263723 - 07/12/14 05:15 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Im taking a couple nice hits of L tonight then was thinking of dosing some mush around 6 hours from now at midnight or so. Anyone have any experience with this? Thoughts opinions?

:highfive:

thanks guys!

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: Rewindicus]
    #20263734 - 07/12/14 05:19 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

The only time I ever crossed the 2 I are the acid and at 30 minutes did the shrooms.  I would imagine if you are waiting 6 hours though you would have to take a sizable dose to get your rocks off.

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: The Doobie Dude]
    #20263743 - 07/12/14 05:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

yah im wondering if there a cross tolerance?

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

InvisibleThe Doobie Dude

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: Rewindicus]
    #20263765 - 07/12/14 05:28 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Oh yeah there is a cross tolerance and you would be up for quiet a while if you ate it 6 hours in.  I would say eat your acid, and at the 30 minute mark eat your shrooms you'll peak all at once and be hella fucked up.  The only thing I can say is get ready for the rainbows!!!

--------------------

"There are a million reasons to drink and one just popped into my head.  If a man can't drink when he's living how the Hell can he drink when he's dead?" - Irish Limerick
I PLURed once because it was PLUR or die. - D.M.T.

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

#20263980 - 07/12/14 06:27 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Don't wait 6 hours, do what Doobie Said.

I'd take the L first, then after maybe a half hour to an hour TOPS! I'd ingest my Lemon tek. 6 hours after may still give you noticeable effects, but it isn't going to be nearly as effective. I'd ditch that plan.

Do both in the same time frame or just save them for separate occasions.

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Loc: Canada
Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #20263986 - 07/12/14 06:29 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

You can eat them after your peak and be fine, i go to the renaissance festival every year and my ritual is to dose 15 min before i get there with lucy, the as im comming off my peak i drink an 8th of shroom tea.

ive done this for the past 4 years.

the visuals go from wavy lucy type to fractals everywhere, kills the confusion/overwhelming feeling of the lucy and brings in its own mind fuck, watching the stars fall from the sky and shit

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

Edited by prettyMushy (07/12/14 06:32 PM)

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: prettyMushy]
    #20264000 - 07/12/14 06:34 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I guarantee your mushrooms would hit you way harder if you took them within an hour of dosing. No question. If it works for you it works. :shrug:

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: Peace of Mind 1]
    #20264010 - 07/12/14 06:36 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

tell us what happens and report back!!

--------------------
Anything posted from this account is made up for the entertainment of others, this account is a complete work of fiction. Its not illegal to get bored and make up stories, authors do it all the time.

OfflineBugler Boy
Cultivar

Loc: In your head
Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: prettyMushy]
    #20264549 - 07/12/14 08:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I've done exactly what you asked before. Coming down from the L and then going back up on the mush definitely was tripppy, kind of spun me out at first then (uppity) then it got real hazy.

I've also aten L, prepped a lem tek and 30-45 mins later ate that. I'd say it was a little peakier, my friend said he could he it in my face I was trippin hard lol.

Both times it was a good experience, a little different, but neither was a "waste." There wasn't enough of a cross tolerance to really make any difference, but I didn't even think once about a cross tolerance tbh. Who's seen the spirit molecule? Some guy says set and setting are more important than the substance itself, don't syke yourself out and you'll have a great time.

--------------------
The mushroom speaks: '"I am old, older than thought in your species, which is itself fifty times older than your history. Though I have been on earth for ages I am from the stars. My home is no one planet, for many worlds scattered through the shining disc of the galaxy have conditions which allow my spores an opportunity for life... How the hypercommunication mode operates is a secret which will not be lightly given to man. But the means should be obvious: it is the occurrence of psilocybin and psilocin in the biosynthetic pathways of my living body that opens for me and my symbiots the vision screens to many worlds"

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: Bugler Boy]
    #20264837 - 07/12/14 10:32 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Taking mush on the comedown of L definitale works.  It might not be quite as in your face if you would have eaten them earlier.  Eat an extra gram if your worried about it not being as strong as you'd like.  But this is the perfect way to get a longer trip out of it.

OfflineJon2jay
Junior shaman
Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! *DELETED* [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #20265766 - 07/13/14 06:36 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Post deleted by Jon2jay

Reason for deletion: Deleted. We live in a crazy world. Peace

--------------------
Anything posted by me is either hypothetical or completely fictional and is for entertainment only.

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: Jon2jay]
    #20265987 - 07/13/14 08:45 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Jon2jay said:
All I know is I just learned about cross tolerance the hard way

Took lsa Friday morning

And doses 4grams of mushies Saturday night sunday morning

It was like about to ejaculate and then not...

I was anticipating the take off and never made it.

I thought the mushies I grew were weak but two other people took a low dose and really felt them

I can chalk this up to cross tolerance. :/

:bigyesnod:

Invisibleinfected_2

#20266054 - 07/13/14 09:07 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

THERE IS NO CROSS TOLERANCE!!

Learnt this the hard way. Most intense trip of my life.  Dosed L during the day, did a dose of shrooms that night in a tent and went a lil extra cos i'd tripped all day.  Thought I was a copy of windows XP. No lies, just sprawled out on the ground thinking I was a computer.

The L during the day didn't not hinder the shrooms in any wall at all. Blew my mind.

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: infected_2]
    #20266078 - 07/13/14 09:16 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

There is in fact a cross tolerance.

OfflineNature Boy
Stranger than most
Male User Gallery

Loc: Samsara
    #20266673 - 07/13/14 12:17 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

:popcorn:

N.B.

--------------------
All submitted posts under this user name are works of pure fiction or outright lies.  Any information, statement, or assertion contained therein should be considered pure unadulterated bullshit.  Note well:  Sorry, but I do not answer PM's unless you are a long-time trusted friend.  If you have a question, ask it in the appropriate thread.

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #20266691 - 07/13/14 12:23 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kief Ledger said:
Taking mush on the comedown of L definitale works.  It might not be quite as in your face if you would have eaten them earlier.  Eat an extra gram if your worried about it not being as strong as you'd like.  But this is the perfect way to get a longer trip out of it.

every sunday i would take L then Wed Shrooms then Sunday L again, the cycle like this kept me tripping for a year straight. same dose every time, always kept me on the same level.

the shroom/shroom lucy/lucy or 25i/anything is there for sure. but i did it like this for a good while and ive even taken shrooms the day after an L trip, ill admit it is slightly less potent but from what i understand LSD effects dopamine more than serotonin and psilocybin effects serotonin. ill look for some references
"in contrast to LSD, psilocybin and psilocin have no affinity for the dopamine D2 receptor.[50]"

Quote:

Psilocybin is rapidly dephosphorylated in the body to psilocin which then acts as a partial agonist to several receptors involved with the neurotransmission of serotonin. Psilocin has a high affinity for the 5-HT2A serotonin receptor in the brain, where it mimics the effects of serotonin (5-HT). Psilocin binds less tightly to other serotonergic receptors 5-HT1A, 5-HT1D, and 5-HT2C.[50] Serotonergic receptors interact with pyramidal neurons in the cerebral cortex, which are thought to be involved in the perception of pain and anxiety.[51] The psychotomimetic effects of psilocin can be blocked in a dose-dependent fashion by the 5-HT2A antagonist drugs ketanserin and risperidone.[52] Psilocybin and psilocybin analogues have been used to help model the structure and function of the 5-HT2C G-protein coupled receptor.[53][54] In contrast to LSD, psilocybin and psilocin have no affinity for the dopamine D2 receptor.[50]

Mental and physical tolerance to psilocybin builds and dissipates quickly. Taking psilocybin more than three or four times in a week (especially on consecutive days) can result in diminished effects. Tolerance dissipates after a few days, so frequent users often keep doses spaced five to seven days apart to avoid the effect. Studies have demonstrated that a cross-tolerance can develop between psilocybin and the pharmacologically similar LSD.[69][70] MAO inhibitors (MAOI) have been known to sustain the effects of psilocybin for longer periods of time; people who are taking an MAOI for a medical condition may experience highly potentiated effects.[71]

Quote:

LSD affects a large number of the G protein coupled receptors, including all dopamine receptor subtypes, and all adrenoreceptor subtypes, as well as many others. LSD binds to most serotonin receptor subtypes except for 5-HT3 and 5-HT4. However, most of these receptors are affected at too low affinity to be sufficiently activated by the brain concentration of approximately 10–20 nM.[84] In humans, recreational doses of LSD can affect 5-HT1A, 5-HT2A, 5-HT2C, 5-HT5A, and 5-HT6 receptors.[1][85] 5-HT5B receptors, which are not present in humans, also have a high affinity for LSD.[86] The psychedelic effects of LSD are attributed to its strong partial agonist effects at 5-HT2A receptors as specific 5-HT2A agonists are psychedelics and largely 5-HT2A specific antagonists block the psychedelic activity of LSD.[84] Exactly how this produces the drug's effects is unknown, but it is thought that it works by increasing glutamate release in the cerebral cortex and therefore excitation in this area, specifically in layers IV and V.[87] LSD, like many other drugs, has been shown to activate DARPP-32-related pathways.[88]

from what im reading here, there is a cross tolerance but LSD is not fully effected by it because of its use of the dopamine receptor >if you take the mushy first then lucy at the peak it seems that the saturation of the serotonin receptors will give you a tolerance, while LSD only uses these receptors a LOW amount, therefore leaving room for shrooms to effect you. 

hope this makes sense 

Edited by prettyMushy (07/13/14 12:33 PM)

OfflineKief Ledger
Stranger

#20266855 - 07/13/14 01:21 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

So your saying that LSD doesn't cause as much tolerance to shrooms as shrooms causes tolerance to LSD.

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

Re: Anyone ever take L then say 6 hours later take some mush ? QUICK RESPONSES APPRECIATED! [Re: Kief Ledger]
    #20266953 - 07/13/14 01:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

Kief Ledger said:
So your saying that LSD doesn't cause as much tolerance to shrooms as shrooms causes tolerance to LSD.

Yes sir. Not only that but it looks like LSD effects alot more receptors than shrooms, but shrooms bind tightly to the 5-HT2A receptor where as LSD barely activates it, so if its already saturated and bound by shrooms, it cant really activate something thats already active.

so when you dose shrooms on top of LSD it kicks the lsd to the side on that receptor and starts binding/mimicing serotonin

--------------------

Edited by prettyMushy (07/13/14 01:59 PM)

InvisiblePeace of Mind 1
Incel Basement Dweller
Male User Gallery

#20266956 - 07/13/14 01:57 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yes that is true, but to say cross tolerance doesn't exist is incorrect.

InvisibleprettyMushy
 User Gallery

#20266968 - 07/13/14 02:00 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Quote:

peace of mind 1 said:
Yes that is true, but to say cross tolerance doesn't exist is incorrect.

your correct, because LSD does work on the same receptor just a very low level. But the tolerance isnt very much...

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom