Home | Community | Message Board

MRCA Tyroler Gluckspilze
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIanforheisman
Stranger
 User Gallery
I give up!
    #20240054 - 07/07/14 11:40 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

4th time trying and every time I contaminate my grow. Normally it's the blue/green mold, but now it's cobweb mold.. Will spraying it with hydrogen peroxide work? My bag is about 70 percent colonized. It's a Homestead bag because it's the only place that will ship to my state.

I've got stage 3 brain cancer and suffer from severe cluster headaches.. I've been told by someone in our therapy group that psilocybin can help with these headaches, I just want to get rid of this pain but I can't do anything right with this. Sorry to complain, I know there's nothing you can do I'm just so exhausted by repeatedly screwing up this process. I just want to spend 1 one of my days left pain free. Thanks for letting me rant.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineCaptainpaps
Babaji NA MA AUM
Male User Gallery

Re: I give up! [Re: Ianforheisman]
    #20240067 - 07/07/14 11:44 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Tell us about us about your procedure! and pictures would be great! :thumbup:

--------------------

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#20240071 - 07/07/14 11:45 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

this hobby is very rewarding however you really need to have patience and be exact in your preparation. Everyone has gone though what your going though with cultivation at one time or another.

Watch the lets grow mushrooms videos and follow them to a T. Grow bags never really worked for me mason jars worked good then i moved up to bulk and the rest was history.

Im sorry about your diagnosis bud and i know cluster headaches have nothing that really works for them. You can start a grow log on here and check in every day with questions and pictures in the cultivation section there are TONS of people happy to help I suggest starting a new grow and making a post in the cultivation forum.

good luck bud.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

"Too much of a good thing, can be wonderful!" - Mae West

"If you have nothing nice to say about anyone, come sit next to me."
- Alice Roosevelt Longworth

OfflineIanforheisman
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: I give up! [Re: Captainpaps]
    #20240093 - 07/07/14 11:52 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

How do I post a pic from my cell phone? I'm guessing there is a FAQ page, let me see if I can find it.

I've already mixed the rye berries and let them turn white. Dumped them in the compost bag and let it sit. It's been about 2 1/2 weeks. About 70 percent colonized with some great mycelium growth(nice rhizomorphic growth) but I noticed a little off white fuzz in the corner today. Just soul crushing. I have bag in downstairs room at between 72-78 degrees. I am a little concerned there is too much moisture, can I open the bag and let it air out a little? Or does this just introduce more contaminants? The top layer of mycelium has small water droplets on it. Instructions say as long as it's not sitting in a pool of water it's fine.

Looks definitely like some of the photos of cobweb mold posted here.. I'm just so damn frustrated.

OfflineCaptainpaps
Babaji NA MA AUM
Male User Gallery

#20240101 - 07/07/14 11:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

definitely do not open the bag, until its 100% colonized and im guessing you have a kit of some sort?...

--------------------

OfflineNotfromarkansas
Really im not.
Male User Gallery

Re: I give up! [Re: Captainpaps]
    #20240171 - 07/08/14 12:15 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Take a picture and on reply to post the third button from the right is post a pic there should be a button that says upload pick it then pick ur picture out hit upload wait til its done copy and paste return to post hit third button from right paste in link and post. Probably not the easiest way but it works. Hang in there.

OfflineNotfromarkansas
Really im not.
Male User Gallery

#20240179 - 07/08/14 12:21 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

You might consider pharmauasca if i hadnt experienced dmt i would want to while i had the chance. Plus you can order everything online pretty cheap. Idk about pain free but worth it.

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

Re: I give up! [Re: Notfromarkansas]
    #20240618 - 07/08/14 03:16 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I think pharmahuasca is diving in the deep end a bit. It's not going to alleviate the pain and if he has cancer there could be some very negative effects from maois and the med regimen he's on.

Stick to mush it doesn't sound like your grow is ruined. Post some good clear pics we will help you out bud. Just relax.

--------------------
“Be who you are and say what you feel because those who mind don't matter and those who matter don't mind.”- Dr. Seuss

OfflineNotfromarkansas
Really im not.
Male User Gallery

Re: I give up! [Re: Rewindicus]
    #20240629 - 07/08/14 03:23 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Wouldnt you say death is diving into the deep end a bit as well? I agree about the maoi thing you should never take an maoi on certain drugs. But idk i just feel compelled to make sure he knows all the options. Dont give up on the mushies either.

OfflineNotfromarkansas
Really im not.
Male User Gallery

#20240664 - 07/08/14 03:38 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

BUMP god i hope this dude gets on sometime today with pics everyone deserves a day with psilocybin.

OfflineIanforheisman
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20240986 - 07/08/14 07:05 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Yes, it's a Homestead kit. From reading on here they have a bad reputation, but living in Idaho they are the only place that will ship here. If I can't open the bag, I can't take a picture that's clear enough to show the problem. Definitely looks like cobweb mold though. I've looked into DMT but it seems like the negatives are about equal to the positives. I'm pretty desperate though, I just want to spend some pain free days with my children while I still can. Maybe I'll go that route since I can't seem to do this right.

OfflineIanforheisman
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20241531 - 07/08/14 10:52 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Should I open the bag and spray some peroxide on it? Or is it just a lost cause..

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Loc: Ixtlan, Mexico
Trusted Cultivator
    #20242932 - 07/08/14 03:58 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Take a picture, it may not even be contaminated. Don't go spraying it with h2o2 til you know for sure.

OfflineIanforheisman
Stranger
 User Gallery
Re: I give up! [Re: TheEaglesGift]
    #20243011 - 07/08/14 04:14 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Can I open the bag to take a picture?

InvisibleTheEaglesGift
The Nagual

Loc: Ixtlan, Mexico
Trusted Cultivator
    #20243225 - 07/08/14 04:48 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

No. Not if it is not fully colonized.

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#20243276 - 07/08/14 05:01 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

No.

--------------------

OfflineRewindicus
Silly Goose
Male User Gallery

#20245296 - 07/08/14 11:17 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Do you have any friends in neighboring states that can accept spore syringes or grow bags for you? Or could you drive to a store across state lines get a PO Box an send an order there?

--------------------

OfflineIanforheisman
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20247035 - 07/09/14 10:18 AM (9 years, 8 months ago)

I don't know anyone in a neighboring state that would do so.. I'm beyond the point of being able to drive anymore as well, it's just not safe in my condition with my headaches. The chemo has pretty much sapped all my energy too. Maybe I should just go a different route, I just don't know what to do anymore.

OfflineIanforheisman
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20301322 - 07/20/14 02:04 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Update!!

I assumed the entire grow was contaminated, but mycelium was still growing in other places so I just left it alone and prepared for worst while hoping for the best.

Yesterday I noticed some white dots that I hadn't seen before, assumed they were just mycelium ends that stopped growing or something. But then today I saw 2 primordia!(at least I think that's what they are called). 2 little mini mushrooms. Oddly enough they are growing from the area I though was contaminated. This area just looked grey and soggy, but I never did dose it with peroxide.

OfflineIanforheisman
Stranger
 User Gallery
    #20301536 - 07/20/14 02:56 PM (9 years, 8 months ago)

Also, quick question.

The 5lb bag of kowanite is not fully colonized.. Maybe like 90-95 percent. I thought mushrooms didn't grow until the substrate was 100 percent colonized? I am a newb, and seems like I read a lot conflicting statements. Is this a bad thing?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order