Home | Community | Message Board

Sporeworks
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineIrish Crusader
Male

Loc: France
Wild Lettuce => Toxic ??
    #20171764 - 06/23/14 02:58 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Hello,

I'm making this thread regarding ingredients Wild Lettuce
Source:
http://www.alchemy-works.com/lactuca_virosa.html

Quote:

This herb contains the tropane hyoscyamine, much as the nightshades do, but Lactucarium, an Eclectic preparation made from the latex harvest from this herb when it is flowering, is a sedating bitter that contains no hyoscyamine.

Hyoscyamine = antimuscarinic.

Then it says, the latex harvest contains no hyoscyamine. So would anyone please know how to get the latex only please?.

Thank you.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Wild Lettuce => Toxic ?? [Re: Irish Crusader]
    #20171895 - 06/23/14 04:08 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Ah no. This isn't true and bullshit is being called. The website quoted is about Witchcraft and Magick and should be taken with a grain of salt. Here's some more info links:

Quote:

The active ingredients of lactucarium are believed to be lactucin and its derivatives lactucopicrin and 11β13-dihydrolactucin, which have been found to have analgesic activity equal or greater to that of ibuprofen in standard hot-plate and tail-flick tests of sensitivity to pain in laboratory mice. Lactucin and lactucropicrin were also found to have sedative activity in measurements of spontaneous movements of the mice.[11] Some effects have also been credited to a trace of hyoscyamine in Lactuca virosa, but the alkaloid was undetectable in standard lactucarium.[6]

Wikipedia Page>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactucarium

Drug-forum.com link>>http://www.drugs-forum.com/forum/showwiki.php?title=Wild_Lettuce

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Loc: Darkside of the moon Flag
Re: Wild Lettuce => Toxic ?? [Re: karode13]
    #20172069 - 06/23/14 06:12 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

@karode I thought you would be a little smarter than to cite wikepidia bro.:rolleyes:

Edit- I once went on there and added 'doodoo' to various entries.:lol:

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Edited by ferrel_human (06/23/14 06:14 AM)

OfflinePOWAtrippinDiscord
Decidedly Undecided.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zone 9b
Re: Wild Lettuce => Toxic ?? [Re: ferrel_human]
    #20172141 - 06/23/14 06:56 AM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Yea, i thought everyone just edited articles to say what they wanted, and then linked them as facts.  Maybe I am missing the purpose here, but thats what i thought you were supposed to do.

:trollmove:

--------------------
Don't believe everything you think.  TRADE LIST

‹Sell Your Soul› You know this place is owned and operated by the Illuminati, right?
‹lsdwithme› i possibly just smoked a rat turd :facepalm:

Invisiblekarode13Facebook
Tāne Mahuta
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: LV-426
Re: Wild Lettuce => Toxic ?? [Re: ferrel_human]
    #20173451 - 06/23/14 02:14 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Quote:

ferrel_human said:
@karode I thought you would be a little smarter than to cite wikepidia bro.:rolleyes:

Edit- I once went on there and added 'doodoo' to various entries.:lol:

Yeah, I usually don't but I'm thousands of kilometress from my reference material at the moment. Wikipedia isn't the best reference and some people do post crap there but mostly they don't. The link I gave contains references that the OP can follow up on. I actually posted the wrong article, here's the one on L. virosa>>>>http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lactuca_virosa

--------------------

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

#20173480 - 06/23/14 02:20 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

My wife laughed at me when I said I would write an article and quote Wikipedia.  She said that my professor would most likely give me an F.

--------------------
Nature is my church and walking through it is gospel. It tells no lies and reveals all to those who look, and listen, closely.
-Karode

Invisiblepsi
TOAST N' JAM
Male User Gallery

Loc: 613 Flag
    #20173858 - 06/23/14 03:19 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

I think wikipedia is pretty decent overall. The articles are only as good as their references though.

Regarding the OP I have never heard of hyoscyamine (or atropine etc) occurring outside the Solanaceae. Am I right in thinking that those alkaloids are limited to that family?

BTW ferrell are you in school currently? I'm back in university as of this past winter.

Edited by psi (06/23/14 03:21 PM)

Invisibleferrel_human
stone eater
Male User Gallery

Re: Wild Lettuce => Toxic ?? [Re: psi]
    #20173884 - 06/23/14 03:25 PM (9 years, 9 months ago)

Nah. I went when I was laid off. I was so close to finishing basics but thw oilfield money was just too hard to resist.

--------------------
-Karode

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore Cultivation Supplies, Injection Grain Bag