Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineorizon
shroomin bliss

Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs?
    #2017150 - 10/17/03 04:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Hi...I was just pondering on a thought last night regarding where to draw the line in recreational drug use. Over the years through high school, I have slowly moved along the path of recreational drug use from experimenting with pot to popping MDMA (not a roll monkey..only have eaten 8 total in my lifetime.) Every single time I decide I want to experiment with a new drug its kinda like: "Ok Im gonna take this but never touch that" but surely eneouph, I always end up touching "that". Heres my history timeline: 8th grade/Whip-its(nitrous)----9'th/grade mariguana and alcohol-----10'th grade more mariguana and alcohol----11'th grade/shrooms, LSD, xanax-valium and rolled after prom. 12'th grade/ Lots of shrooms, mescaline, LSD, Datura flower, a few more beans, lots more alcohol, and all the prescriptions....Percocet, Vicodin, Z-bars, aderol etc....
Well at this time in my life I decided this is where I draw the line...Im not going to ever touch Coke-heroin-Meth/Ice or anything else but most off I will never take drugs up the nose or through a needle. Well Im in my first year of college right now and over the past month I began snorting hydrocodone/valium and this passed week I snorted some Ketamine as well. I feel that I have crossed a dangerous bridge into a different realm of the drug world. I mean these past few days I've been really busy with school-job so I've been totally drug free and am still pretty strong on the no Coke-needles-Meth-heroin oath. But I still feel I have begun to walk down a dangerous road. What do you guys think? have I crossed the line?

-Orizon

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: orizon]
    #2017156 - 10/17/03 04:11 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Self-produced drug barriers are the product of misinformation and propaganda, in my mind. Heroin addicts are portrayed much differently than that of any other drug...but how much do you actually know about IV use and heroin? I'll retract my statement if you prove me wrong, but I find that ignorance is the most common reason that people stray from certain drugs.

Just make sure you mix it up. Entheogens are, of course, the safest route. It's when you start snorting oxy/meth every day that you start running into problems. Moderation; when you start losing passion for your other hobbies, that's the first sign that there's a problem. When you wake up and the first thing on your mind is the next hit.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

Anonymous

Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #2017277 - 10/17/03 06:06 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

indeed, moderation is the key. I take a lot of drugs recreationally, but i stay on top for 2 reasons 1) I know a lot of things about the drugs i take (knowledge is the best weapon) and and i know my limits 2) I know when its time to stand back and have a pot only break, trust me they help. As dim says stereotypes of drugs and real life r too different things. Its not that your stronger than drugs, cos you never will be, its always staying responsible.

Offlineseraphim
pugilist andstamp licker

Loc: brooklyn, ny
    #2017382 - 10/17/03 07:24 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Maybe you should ask yourself why yolu are doing these drugs?
And do you feel bad afterwards? Generally, it's prob not a good idea to engage in activity that you don't feel positive about afterwards.
I am just noting this because it sounds like you have at least some ambivalence towards some of these experiences.
Maybe just try to keep in mind what you want out of the drug experience in question, how it works in your life as it is, and what you are expecting from yourself. It's not a bad idea to back off for a bit and re-evaulate it all. The drugs will still be there for you to try later.

--------------------
trying to lose the monkey mind a little bit

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #2017640 - 10/17/03 10:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

DiMiTriSouljah said:
Self-produced drug barriers are the product of misinformation and propaganda, in my mind. Heroin addicts are portrayed much differently than that of any other drug...but how much do you actually know about IV use and heroin? I'll retract my statement if you prove me wrong, but I find that ignorance is the most common reason that people stray from certain drugs.

What the FUCK!??! That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard. Yeah... what a dumbass he is for not wanting to try heroin meth and all that other stupid fucking addict shit. Maybe the way he doesn't want to go that way is becaus he isn't a fucking idiot. It doesnt have ANYTHING to do with misinformation and propoganda, if you find yourself doing heroin, somethings fucked up.

--------------------

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: the free thinker]
    #2017684 - 10/17/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"if you find yourself doing heroin, somethings fucked up."

Why? Because your D.A.R.E. officer told you so? Don't be such a puppet. You discredit yourself by being a belligerent little child. "fuck fuck fuck fuck" Grow up and quit listening to the TV.

--------------------

OfflineSeussA
Error: divide byzero

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Caribbean
    #2017711 - 10/17/03 11:14 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

It is interesting to see us place our own moral values upon others while we sit back and bitch about others doing the same to us. The logic I see above is that it is fine if you do the drugs I do, but if you are doing "harder" drugs than I think is proper, then "something is fucked up". Replace heroin with cannabis and use alcohol as the 'morally proper drug to do' and you are no different than any other anti-drug campainer. "It's fine to drink, but if you are smoking weed, then something is fucked up." Does nobody else hear this echo?

Edit: mis-quick reply, this wasn't directed at you, DiMiTriSouljah.

--------------------
Just another spore in the wind.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: Seuss]
    #2017755 - 10/17/03 11:35 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Bingo. Right on the head, my friend.

--------------------

OfflineAjoc
stranger ...than youthink
Loc: Southampton, UK
    #2017767 - 10/17/03 11:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I agree that heroin is overly portrayed as evil but I believe anti-H campaigns have more credit than anti-marijuana campaigns and anti-acid ones.

A good read on heroin is "Junkie" by William S. Burroughs. I have never done it and don't think I ever will, but this book gives a very good insight into a mind which has been on and off skag repeatedly and addiction and so on.

I also believe that entheogens have more merits than opiates and other such drugs as tools to explore your consciousness, although Burroughs makes interesting comments about some of the properties of heroin (he reckons if a person was kept on a steady flow of "junk" they would live to a "Phenomenal age"...not too sure myself hehe.)

OfflineInfrared
sleeping
Male User Gallery

Loc: Chicago, USA
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: Ajoc]
    #2017812 - 10/17/03 11:52 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

all drugs have a purpose, what would we do with out painkillers and anesthetics? imagine having surgery, yikes! theres nothing wrong with occasional drug use, opiates are one of the safest drugs on your brain, although they have a high addiction potential but thats why you dont abuse them. and without amphetamine imagine all the adhd kids running around. what im saying is all drugs serve some purpose. and what is "evil" or "bad" is all in the eye of the beholder.

--------------------
When chemistry is outlawed.. Only outlaws have chemistry:rainbowdrink:

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: Infrared]
    #2018084 - 10/17/03 01:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"all drugs have a purpose"

and didnt they derive novacaine (you know, that shit the dentist numbs you up with) from cocaine?

anyway, for me, i stay away from drugs i cant handle. cocaine for one, had a real fun time with that stuff, but i lost control. so i quit... well, cut back rather...i still use cocaine like every month or so...spacing my dances with coke like that is the only way i can keep control right now :tongue: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2018106 - 10/17/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah man, it's all about knowing yourself, thus my suggestion to mix it up.

You learn a helluva lot about yourself from the entheogens, but it's difficult (both tolerance-wise and fatigue-wise) to take a mind-bending trip every day and sometimes it's nice to just kick back and relax with an opiate or get drunk and disorderly with a group of friends...or even *gasp* be sober and just absorb everything.

--------------------

OfflineSolitude
protector of theKitab Al-Alzif
    #2018110 - 10/17/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

double post.

--------------------
More lucid now the dreams become in which the forest dark and cold await me to engulf my soul within the flames of eternal sleep.

"I await this day with no fear ,but the knowlege that that most rewarding and enlightening experiance of life is death." - Chinacat

Edited by Solitude (10/17/03 02:04 PM)

OfflineSolitude
protector of theKitab Al-Alzif
    #2018111 - 10/17/03 02:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

it all depends are your true strentgh. if u say im not touching that hold stedfast and dont change it, personally i have told myslef i will decide when the time comes, but its generally a good idea to stay away from needles and shit. just dont let urself think like this: "well ill just try it this one time" or "but this is diffrent" or anything of the sort. no exceptions otherwise you will continue to make exceptions, trust me i was in that rut, and that is why i have changed my outlook on "drawing the line" however i will never prick myself to get bent, period. good luck stay, focused.

--------------------
More lucid now the dreams become in which the forest dark and cold await me to engulf my soul within the flames of eternal sleep.

"I await this day with no fear ,but the knowlege that that most rewarding and enlightening experiance of life is death." - Chinacat

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: Solitude]
    #2018128 - 10/17/03 02:09 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Intravenous (or otherwise) injection is just another method of administration and is as safe as any other method if you do it properly. Though of course I wouldn't recommend that everyone do it, because as you say if depends on your strengths, as some people don't have the will-power to moderate themselves on some drugs. I just hate to see anything in the drug world get stigmatized; refer to Seuss' above post.

--------------------

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2018131 - 10/17/03 02:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"or even *gasp* be sober and just absorb everything."

:oogle: :eek:

lol, i agree completly. its just funny the way you put it. being sober is definitly the best "high" sometimes 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinethe free thinker
salesman
Male User Gallery

Loc: twin cities
    #2018680 - 10/17/03 06:26 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Seuss said:
It is interesting to see us place our own moral values upon others while we sit back and bitch about others doing the same to us. The logic I see above is that it is fine if you do the drugs I do, but if you are doing "harder" drugs than I think is proper, then "something is fucked up". Replace heroin with cannabis and use alcohol as the 'morally proper drug to do' and you are no different than any other anti-drug campainer. "It's fine to drink, but if you are smoking weed, then something is fucked up." Does nobody else hear this echo?

Riiiight... let's just compare the possible harmful effects of cannabis use on one's life to those of heroin. Think they're the same? Cannabis isn't physically addicting, no overdose potential, etc.... Come on man, comparing heroin to weed is absurd.

Now, if one can remain unaddicted to highly addicting drugs while using, more power to them. But sadly this is not the case in the majority of users.

So basically what you're saying is that a user of heroin shouldn't be at all alarmed at their use? And the line between being addicted and unaddicted can easily become blurred beyond recognition in the mind of the user until it's too late. Sorry if I'm coming across as a dare-kiddie because that's not the case.

I just don't think those drugs are worth it.

Furthermore, needles are NOT just as safe as other routes of ingestion, it's MUCH easier to overdose due to impurities in the drug, can collapse veins, etc...

--------------------

OfflineThe_Red_Crayon
Exposer of Truth
Male User Gallery

Loc: Smokey Mtns. TN Flag
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: the free thinker]
    #2018964 - 10/17/03 07:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Comparing Weed to Heroin is just as blind as the idiots who compare weed to Datura. Just because they are both drugs doesnt mean one is safer than the other. I can Assure you Cannabis is A HELLUVA lot more safer than Smack.

InvisibletrendalM
J♠
Male User Gallery

Loc: Ontario, Canada Flag
    #2019000 - 10/17/03 08:10 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I draw the line at needles. I have not, nor will I, inject drugs with a needle.

Other than that...I drew lines and walked over them. I tried, then used, cocaine. I had said I would never use coke or heroin...now all that's left is heroin.

However...I don't think I misstepped anywhere. Having used most basic "types" of drugs, I know which types I enjoy and which I don't. I don't enjoy stimulants, so I don't take them.  :smirk:

--------------------
Once, men turned their thinking over to machines in the hope that this would set them free.
But that only permitted other men with machines to enslave them.

OfflinePDU
travel kid vs.amerika
 User Gallery

Loc: beautiful BC
Re: Where to draw the line---in the world of drugs? [Re: trendal]
    #2019027 - 10/17/03 08:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Ive drawn lines from the very first time i took a toke, and more knowledgeable and absolutely obsessed i became with every aspect of drug *culture* and the more i integrated it into my life, the more lines i stepped over.

I literally dream of the day when i get to play with needles *scared shittless*

--------------------
GO OUTSIDE.

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Bridgetown Botanicals Bridgetown Botanicals   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Isolated Cubensis Liquid Culture For Sale   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   North Spore Injection Grain Bag   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order