Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineMusher
beginner
Loc: Massachusetts
Collected Specimins
    #2016047 - 10/16/03 07:30 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I went for a walk today and these are the first of three mushrooms i collected. I am posting these ones first becuase i cant get a spore print. The gills are all folded.

The gills i believe were connected to the stem, but they are not any more, on any of them...they are a pinkish color.

the stems are pinkish at the top and, measure 6.7 to 7.0 cms
the caps are also pinkish and i did not take the measurement, like i said i do not have a spore print...i found these in the woods near a stump and some other logs, i am in mass right now, and it has been raining off and on..lets see how well you can help me out

--------------------
Sometimes you eat the mushroom, and sometimes the mushroom eats you

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMusher
beginner
Loc: Massachusetts
Re: Collected Specimins [Re: Musher]
    #2016063 - 10/16/03 07:35 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

looking for an I.D.

--------------------
Sometimes you eat the mushroom, and sometimes the mushroom eats you

OfflineBluMonkee
keeper of thelittle people

Loc: Lookin' for an Incident
    #2016130 - 10/16/03 07:55 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Musher, first off, welcome to the Shroomery. Second, lemme' see if I can help you out a little here. There are a lot of people here to help you, but you are kinda' going about it the wrong way, you posted some not so good pics with some really not so good descriptions didn't get an answer in 5 minutes and get impatient. Might I recommend having a look here  http://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat...;o=&fpart=1 and then you will find all the help you need. Just trying to help :thumbup: 

--------------------
"If I don't see ya' in the future, I'll see ya' in the pasture"

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
    #2016469 - 10/16/03 09:48 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Without a spore print we're not likely to be able to make much headway.

If we go with pink for the spore color, then those would probably be Entoloma. That's a genus I don't have any good references to. Entolomas are very difficult to identify to species, many of them are very poisonous, only a few are known to be edible, none are known to be active that I've heard of.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies