Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Invisiblesnaxstix
journeyman
Will this work as a pH buffer?
    #2010450 - 10/15/03 01:07 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I can't find any crushed oyster shell. I went to the pet store and they have a 2.5 pound bag of pure calcium carbonate for reptiles. It was $10 and decided it was too pricy. I found this 2 pound box of Budgie gravel with oyster shells and flaked charcoal for $2. I was reading on the side that the charcoal combats hyperacidity and absorbs potential toxins produced. Its really fine like sand, but I don't think the gravel will play any part. Will this work for a pH buffer? Anyone know how much to add? It doesn't give a % composition of the ingredients.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisiblepsilomonkey
Twisted brainwrong of a oneoff man mental

Loc: Airstrip One
Re: Will this work as a pH buffer? [Re: snaxstix]
    #2010733 - 10/15/03 03:59 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I would go for the calcium carbonate, a 2.5 pound bag will last you a while. You only need a little, you need a bit more when using peat. The budgie gravel could have all sorts in it. If this has fungicide, its going to put a real damper on your grow.

Offlinelysergic
Mycophile!
Re: Will this work as a pH buffer? [Re: psilomonkey]
    #2010827 - 10/15/03 05:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

TMC makes an allusion to using activated charcoal for something, tho I can't remember what. Maybe absorbing the acids, like ya said, I don't recall. Calcium Carbonate is the best. If you live in the USA (or anywhere, I'd guess) call a feed shop and ask for oyster shell, or call a bird shop / pet store (usually one that specializes in birds). It's used as a chicken feed or some shit.

--------------------
In response to an attack killing 15 American Servicemen
PsiloKitten said:
Just give em a little more time, the iraqis are making great progress. And this is unorganized. Wait till they get organized.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Bridgetown Botanicals CBD Concentrates   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds