Home | Community | Message Board

Out-Grow.com - Mushroom Growing Kits & Supplies
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Remembering Dreams.
    #2007819 - 10/14/03 08:12 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Is this a good thing or a bad thing for someone suffering depression? And in general. Are we we ment to remember our dreams? Why don't some of us ever remember them. I do all the time and it leaves me disorientated in the morning.

Dreams have something to do with pineal gland right? Also something to do with the release of DMT?

If possible I would like to no if there is a method of suppressing dream recall.

Thanks.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineseraphim
pugilist andstamp licker

Loc: brooklyn, ny
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: chrispc]
    #2007873 - 10/14/03 08:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think that dreams are very important and supressing recall is not a healthy atitude, so I don't "no" of any methods to supress, but I can tell you some ways to increase recall - the most basic and reliable one is to write down everything you remember from your dream as soon as you wake up. This will lead to increased dream recall, vividness, and usually increased meaningfulness from the dreams.
So if you really want to supress your dreams, I guess you could avoid such activity... but I think that our dreams are essential tools for self understanding and contain useful information regarding our current psychic condition. I am a bit of a Jungian in this area.

--------------------
trying to lose the monkey mind a little bit

OfflineTheEggman
Mind-expandingStudent
Loc: Central California
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: seraphim]
    #2008073 - 10/14/03 10:42 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I think you should look into lucid dreaming and stop trying to repress your dreams. I have such a hard time with dream recall and a subsequent hard time with achieving lucidity. You should consider yourself lucky and look into lucid dreaming.

--------------------
Peace and love,
Tim.

Offlineseraphim
pugilist andstamp licker

Loc: brooklyn, ny
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: TheEggman]
    #2008091 - 10/14/03 10:53 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Have you tried the writing down method?
I have no real experience with lucid dreaming, but for me the writing down method improved dream recall. Just do it as soon as you wake up, even if it's the middle of the night. I bet you will see some improvement.

--------------------
trying to lose the monkey mind a little bit

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: TheEggman]
    #2008101 - 10/14/03 10:57 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

How exactly does it leave you disoriented?.

On another note, this is what I dreamed today :grin:, the most interesting was composing music and looking into a dictionary for the first time, I was lucid while this happened, I tried looking up the word 'life' and possibly 'god' but the stupid ass dictionary was a mess, I flipped from one page to the next and the alphabetical order would be messed up, and I think the letters would change while I looked at'em so I didnt really accomplish anything :crazy:

Edited by bandaid (10/14/03 09:03 PM)

Offlinechrispc
Durban, SouthAfrica (Soon)

Loc: London, UK
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: bandaid]
    #2008167 - 10/14/03 11:31 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

bandaid said:
How exactly does it leave you disoriented?.

For five mins or so. I'm not sure what world I'm in the real or the dream.

--------------------
"We are what we think.
All that we are arises with our
thoughts."

- Buddha in the Dhammapada -

ChrisC

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2008369 - 10/14/03 01:19 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

why would you want to suppress your dreams? are you having nightmares or something?

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

InvisibleTremor1127
Mental Member
Male

Loc: In a Van Down By the Rive...
Post deleted by Administrator [Re: wrestler_az]
    #2008387 - 10/14/03 01:27 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Invisiblebandaid
clever title

#2008490 - 10/14/03 02:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

chrispc said:
For five mins or so. I'm not sure what world I'm in the real or the dream.

5 MINUTES!?, are you seriouse?, you dont know if your touching something real when you wake up or looking at something real?. Something is fishy here, that just sounds wrong.

Edited by bandaid (10/14/03 02:17 PM)

OfflineFaaip_De_Oiad
as above, so below
Male User Gallery

Loc: Malice, Tx
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2008759 - 10/14/03 03:44 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

Tremor1127 said:
well feel lucky guys, i have never had a dream, i dont even know what its like, i hear about peoples dreams all the time and i kinda feel out of place

I shed a tear for you man.  :frown:

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: Tremor1127]
    #2009502 - 10/14/03 08:08 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

When you sleep you must constantly stay in the delta frequency, because if you fluctuated to REM sleep, you would dream. I've always been curious about this: do you feel refreshed when you wake up? I have heard reports that an hour of delta sleep is comparable to 7-8 (or so) hours of regular sleep.

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
    #2009544 - 10/14/03 08:25 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

As those who have read up on lucid dreaming know, dreams are actually perfectly vivid in terms of the senses. It's not unusual to see your bedroom looking perfectly real and normal in a dream. When people talk about dreams being vague, it's actually just the memory of the dream that is vague, the dream itself was probably quite clear. What is unusual is to ever suspect that you might be dreaming when you are.

Here's a way to test whether you're dreaming or not: Look at a digital clock or a line of text, then look away a few seconds, and look again. If it's a dream, the clock/text will probably change numbers or words, or even show up as something other than numbers or words. This is known as a reality test, and if you do it regularly, you probably will find sometimes that you are in a dream.

OfflineDiMiTriSouljah
No left turn unstoned
 User Gallery

Loc: ked in a Skin Pinata
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: MarioNett]
    #2009637 - 10/14/03 08:50 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Yeah, the text method for inducing lucid dreaming works very well.  I ask people from time to time if I'm dreaming when something that I feel is out-of-the-ordinary happens (which is sometimes hard to distinguish when you're a tripper).  They'll obviously either say "yes" or "no", but the trick is noticing how they say yes or no.  Most of the time my dream entities will tell me straight out that I'm dreaming if I ask them...but some of them are tricky and try to throw me off with a "no, you're not dreaming".  Be persistent, keep asking, they'll lose their conviction sooner or later...usually by the 3rd time you ask them they'll have morphed so goddamn badly that you shouldn't have to ask them the question anymore.  :grin:

--------------------
In the end, my friend, we will all be together again.

InvisibleMarioNett
Stranger
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: DiMiTriSouljah]
    #2011291 - 10/15/03 12:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What if you are really persistent and it turns out you're not dreaming? Might be socially awkward...

Offlineshroomidel
Pizza... TO THEMAX!

Loc: Underneath the blankets.....
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: MarioNett]
    #2012393 - 10/15/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You guys actually have dreams where you don't know if its real or not and you question yourself in the dream? That's weird. I have dreams almost every night and even when I nap. I still have never had a dream where I, "can't get out". Any rare time that I ask myself if something is a dream or not, I always immeadiatly know that it is a dream and I usually wake up. We're all different I guess.
Oh yeah, ChrisPC, I know EXACTLY what you're talking about. The disorientation... Some dreams I have, no matter how fucked up and discumbobulated they are, have a really big emotional impact on me.
I don't know why. I can almost feel the hormones and stuff in my brain! Well, kinda.

--------------------
Mario Sunshine kicks ass.
Shinobi kicks ass.

Offlinesalazare
fan_of_shrooms
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: shroomidel]
    #2013982 - 10/16/03 07:48 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

HI, i very often remember my dream but when i dream i dont know or think about it im just doing it... but if miracously i happen to find out that im dreaming i wake up very soon afterwards... that sucks lol i would very like to dream and know im dreaming so i could do anything i want for like a whole dream lol. any idea on how to take control of dreams and not wake up?

the only thing i was able to do when i was young is find out im dreaming when it was a nightmare and then i knew how to wakew up, just close my eye ands try to fall asleep in my dream lol

OfflineDF2K
Me.
Male User Gallery

Loc: The land before time
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: salazare]
    #2023669 - 10/19/03 07:56 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

smoke a joint b4 going to bed = no drems
i think thats because weed puts you into such a deep sleep or somthing, i could be wrong

InvisibleMilkVein
unsure
 User Gallery

Loc: total bullshit->
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: DF2K]
    #2023720 - 10/19/03 08:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

the best dreams i have are when i get high before bed....very vivid

--------------------
I've been first and last
Look at how the time goes past.
But I'm all alone at last.
Rolling home to you.

Offlinesoulflyer
Exploringmusichead!

Loc: Vancouver B.C. Canada
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: DF2K]
    #2023745 - 10/19/03 08:31 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i definetly kno what u guys mean by the disorientation but i usually remember my dreams if i smokle weed b4 and their usually very wierd, anyways i think we should have a dream section on these forums!!!

--------------------
"Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one."
-Albert Einstein

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Re: Remembering Dreams. [Re: soulflyer]
    #2023778 - 10/19/03 08:40 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

First question, have any of you ever used one of those masks thats supposed to increase dreaming? It has headphones with it too, and apparently it does something to alter brainwaves. or I could not know what I'm talking about at all.

Also, What I find to help me remember dreams, or rather have vivid dreams that I can remember (at least long enough to write down if I wished) is to get up in the middle of the night, or just pretty early, and then go back to sleep. What happens, is you'll be sleeping, then if you set your alarm clock for lets say 5-6 a.m. maybe go to the bathroom, drink a glass of water or something, then go back to sleep, and you won't have too much trouble getting back to sleep since you were just about 15 minutes ago. Anyhow, after you go back to sleep, you will have vivid dreams, and you will wake up when you normally would have, at like 9:00-11:00 or somewhere around there, and I find I usually remember those dreams much better than if I just dreamed normally. or If you typically don't have dreams all the time, maybe try this to see if you will have a dream. Maybe this theory has something to do with fluctuation of sleep states, like someone said above?

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom