Home | Community | Message Board

Magic Mushrooms Zamnesia
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineclitty
Stranger
my first homegrown shroom(?)
    #2004164 - 10/13/03 12:05 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yo guys, i got everything all set up and my first homegrown mushroom grew a few days ago, the veil finally broke so i ate it WHOA!!!! it was rather large, cap the size of a half dollar, about 4 inches long, all meat. deep blue flesh on the inside. it was a zstrain, but back to my question, only one grew i have 3 cakes, but only one grew, i used thebrown rice vermiculate tek. whats wrong? why only one huge one??

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShamanMagician
Stranger
Re: my first homegrown shroom(?) [Re: clitty]
    #2004278 - 10/13/03 12:50 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm leaning toward the mushroom gods sensed bad karma.

OfflineStrongBad
pharm lover
Re: my first homegrown shroom(?) [Re: ShamanMagician]
    #2004723 - 10/13/03 08:22 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Now that you've picked it off, do a dunk and roll. Dunk the cakes underwater in a bowl/pot for more than 12 but less than 24 hours, and put them in the fridge. Take them out the next day, roll them in fine vermiculite (sprinkle some where you missed), and put them back in your terrarium. It's worked like a charm for my friend. Huge shrooms, and tons of 'em!

Invisiblesoochi
Chef
 User Gallery

Loc: The Richest County
Re: my first homegrown shroom(?) [Re: clitty]
    #2004939 - 10/13/03 10:40 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

What are the conditions like? what is your caretaking regiment?
sometimes a cake will use a majority of the nutrients to grow one big fruit, don't know exactly why, but it's very common. tis the mystery of nature.

--------------------
Wee, sleeket, cowran, tim'rous beastie,
O, what panic's in thy breastie!
Thou need na start awa sae hasty,
Wi' bickering brattle!

InvisibleKttail
DragonDreamer
Male

Loc: S. Oregon Coast , USA
Re: my first homegrown shroom(?) [Re: soochi]
    #2006359 - 10/13/03 07:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I had that happen to me with my latest cake.
With no contams and no signs of dry-out, I refused to toss the thing.
After getting some advice (and a couple of months), I moved the cake to where it could get more light and then turned on a small flourescent above it for 9+ hours a day.
Walla!!! I got two decent flushes out of it. I would have never thought it, but we don't know without experimentation, eh? I think I'll try peeling it, and then the dunk and roll just to see what happens, heh heh. It's three and a half months old now....

--------------------
"Do not meddle,
In the affairs of Dragons.
For thou art crunchy,
and tasty with catsup."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies