Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Loc: Deep in the Heart...
Wait for ALL jars to be 100% before dunk/sbocking?
    #2003286 - 10/12/03 06:57 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

A few to almost half of my foaf's pink buffalo jars are 100% colonized, but there are a couple that have a few spots to finish. is it ok to just keep all the jars in his rubbermaid, until all are good to go? or does he need to separate the ones that are done? I think i read somewhere about leaving fully colonized jars for a day or two longer just for precaution, anyone got some advice?

also, i replied to a thread in contams, but i was wondering if anyone else knew anything about light faintish areas in colonizing jars, that don't look obviously pink, but aren't as brilliantly white as the strands at the edge of colonization. is this neccessarily bad, or could it just be thinned out areas of mycelium? When ever i read about pink molds, (or any mold for that matter) I just imagined they would be very obviously other colored fuzz growths. these areas are in the middle of nearly fully colonized jars. thanks for any help.

--------------------
-------------------------------------------------
We're all children here, so could we please start acting like it?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMycoCat
a.k.a. ShroomCat

Re: Wait for ALL jars to be 100% before dunk/sbocking? [Re: shwowsh]
    #2003335 - 10/12/03 07:20 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

You should generally wait anywhere from two days to a week after the jar is fully colonized so you can make sure the mycelium network is going to be at its strongest. This will help reduce the risk of contamination later on.

I don't know about the possible contamination though. Good luck.

--------------------
No question is so difficult to answer as that to which the answer is obvious.

Meow.

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

Re: Wait for ALL jars to be 100% before dunk/sbocking? [Re: MycoCat]
    #2003340 - 10/12/03 07:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yes keeping the jars in there will be a good idea. If you want birth the 100% jars a week later that should be fine.

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Re: Wait for ALL jars to be 100% before dunk/sbocking? [Re: thisone]
    #2003450 - 10/12/03 08:13 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

thank you guys for the answers, and after looking at the contam faq, and seeing pictures of the different molds, i don't think i got any, but i guess we'll find out =/.

--------------------

OfflineTheSlapnCapn
Slappin' thangs.
Male User Gallery

Loc: zee mountain state
Re: Wait for ALL jars to be 100% before dunk/sbocking? [Re: shwowsh]
    #2003522 - 10/12/03 08:36 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I have noticed that too... The fuzz where colonization first shows up seems to fade in color... I think it has something to do with the cake being more decomposed in that area... The mycelium there is well established and it just appears that it's eaten away the outer layer of rice and is just kinda laying around getting old rather than eating and thriving... i dunno. 99% sure it's not a contam. All jars seem to do this in my experience.

-j

--------------------
I promise to live, love, exist, and be, and hope that all life will love to be in existence with me. Also, fuck you.

-j

Offlineshwowsh
growologist

Re: Wait for ALL jars to be 100% before dunk/sbocking? [Re: TheSlapnCapn]
    #2003534 - 10/12/03 08:41 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

yea, i came to the same conclusion, because all of the pink buffalo jars have nothing like it, but all of the golden teachers seemed to have at least a little bit of the "thinned" areas, but both sets of jars were PC'ed and innoced in glovebox exactly the same. thanks Capn. the first grow is looking to be quite rewarding =].

--------------------

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds