Home | Community | Message Board

MushroomMan Mycology
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinespacemonkee
stranger in astrange land
Loc: SC
Novice Hunter in Upstate SC
    #2000909 - 10/11/03 05:58 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm looking to go hunting soon (maybe tonight), and I'm not dumb, but all these different names of stuff is giving me a headache.  The closest that I've found anybody is Atlanta, and they're looking for weliis, and I've been told that I may not find them here.  I just looked at the weather and it's about 62 degrees right now, but it just got done raining for like 5 days (off and on).  I don't really need specifics, but can someone tell me if I'm wasting my time or not?
Thanks for a great site too.  It's been very useful, and I think you guys are doing a great job. :mushroom2: :confused:    

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleXenophobic
Stranger

Re: Novice Hunter in Upstate SC [Re: spacemonkee]
    #2000942 - 10/11/03 06:16 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Well I don't know what you mean by "Upstate SC" (South Carolina?) but if it's 62 degrees and been raining on and off for five days then you'll definately find some sort of fungi considering it's Autumn.

Good luck if you do decide to go hunting tonight, would be nice to see any pics you get if you're able to.

:smile:

--------------------
Only will man realise, when he cuts down the last tree, that he cannot eat money

Offlinespacemonkee
Re: Novice Hunter in Upstate SC [Re: Xenophobic]
    #2000959 - 10/11/03 06:33 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks Xenophobic. Don't worry, if I get a catch, I'll be posting pics. I'm a novice and don't have any grand idea about my abilities, so I'll be posting for an id. Thanks again, and anybody else with 2 cents, if I get enough, I'll have a dollar

Invisiblenofind_um
Explorer ofEarth
 User Gallery

Loc: At work, at school, at my...
Re: Novice Hunter in Upstate SC [Re: spacemonkee]
    #2001070 - 10/11/03 07:46 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This time of year be looking for G. Spectabilis, and possibly p. caerulipes... be sure to post pictures,, whatever else you find is nice to see as well.. As with any mushroom you are searching for research, research, research. Work hard and yee shall be rewarded... good luck No find Um...

If your wondering what G. Spectabilis looks like look at my avatar...

Sounds like someone needs to do their homework..... read the faq's there is alot of good info there....

--------------------
My hunting partner is gone, I miss her so!

Edited by nofind_um (10/11/03 07:47 PM)

Offlinespacemonkee
Re: Novice Hunter in Upstate SC [Re: nofind_um]
    #2001236 - 10/11/03 09:06 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Thanks nofind um. I know I need to do my homework, but I also know that it's about to get cold up here and when it does it won't be any good anymore. WE just had a good bit of rain, and so I knew that if I didn't get it while the gettin was good, it might be too late. Thanks for the info and I'll keep you posted.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract, Kratom Powder For Sale