Home | Community | Message Board

Original Seeds Store
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]
Offlinerocka1239
Stranger
how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd
    #20007863 - 05/18/14 11:57 PM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Hi! first of all i know that lsd works increasing the serotonin levels in your brain so i was wondering how long does it take for the chemistry come back to normal, does it depend of the quantity as well or it does not return to normal?? cheers thanks in advance.
i also think people here have more knoledge than forums like erowid :P
peace :sun:

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: rocka1239]
    #20007874 - 05/19/14 12:01 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

^^^^^ you're going to trip forever most likely.

--------------------

Invisiblepsychodelia
Not a cop

Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: rocka1239] * 1
    #20007892 - 05/19/14 12:08 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

A day or so you'll start feeling normal again, but once you've changed your brain with psychedelics you're never really the same...

--------------------
don't be nervous

OfflineThe_Ghost
ゴースト

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: USG Ishimura Flag
Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: psychodelia] * 1
    #20007909 - 05/19/14 12:15 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

psychodelia said:
A day or so you'll start feeling normal again, but once you've changed your brain with psychedelics you're never really the same...

You're never fully the same after you learn to walk as a little kid either.

--------------------
/ / / / / / / LISTEN TO MY MUSIC: E X E D / / / / / / /
The universe gives no fucks. And takes no fucks.
May His Circuits Ever Function

Offlineteamkiller
ghetto drama whore
 User Gallery

Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: The_Ghost]
    #20007931 - 05/19/14 12:22 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

you never fully feel the same after you (insert something bad) either.

--------------------

Offlineblackhawk
Newton's Law of Majesticity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Where Jimmies are Rustled
Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: teamkiller] * 3
    #20007957 - 05/19/14 12:31 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

--------------------

InvisibleSophistic Radiance
Free sVs!
Female

Loc: Center of the Universe
Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: rocka1239]
    #20008044 - 05/19/14 12:58 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

rocka1239 said:
Hi! first of all i know that lsd works increasing the serotonin levels in your brain so i was wondering how long does it take for the chemistry come back to normal, does it depend of the quantity as well or it does not return to normal?? cheers thanks in advance.
i also think people here have more knoledge than forums like erowid :P
peace :sun:

The brain chemistry should return to normal coinciding with the elimination of the drug from blood serum. Half-life of LSD is 3-5 hours. Your brain chemistry will be abnormal for as long as significant concentrations remain in your blood serum, which for common doses is 5-12 hours, for heavy doses 12-48.

It's also possible that your discomfiture is not directly caused by LSD, but by the psychological and physiological tax of having been on LSD. Relax, indulge in some light entertainment (a sloppy novel or some dumb comedy if that's your thing, or maybe take a short hike), eat some protein-rich food, get some sleep.

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

Free sVs!
Female

Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: blackhawk]
    #20008045 - 05/19/14 12:58 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blackhawk said:

THIS GUY KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE FUCK IS UP

--------------------
Enlil said:
You really are the worst kind of person.

OfflineKonyap

Loc: Planet Piss
Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #20008049 - 05/19/14 12:59 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I'm sorry but now that you've seen whats behind the veil you will forever live your life wishing to die before you end up in hell conjoined to someone else who has done psychedelic drugs.

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Loc: Flag
Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: Sophistic Radiance]
    #20008269 - 05/19/14 02:06 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Someone's on a roll tonight.

If it's mdma get on Skype ASAP

Offliner00tuuu123
Now I'm just really piseed
 User Gallery

Loc: I'll be there in a minute
    #20008292 - 05/19/14 02:17 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

Illyabo said:
I'm sorry but now that you've seen whats behind the veil you will forever live your life wishing to die before you end up in hell conjoined to someone else who has done psychedelic drugs.

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
Quote:

blackhawk said:

THIS GUY KNOWS EXACTLY WHAT THE FUCK IS UP

What he's hungry?

--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

InvisibleAdden
I'm a teapot
Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: r00tuuu123] * 3
    #20008298 - 05/19/14 02:20 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

I'd throw gravy and mozzarella on those fries and slap the eggs on top with a bloody Mary while half of you are busy googling what Worcester sauce is.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: Adden]
    #20008330 - 05/19/14 02:42 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

some of us wont even bother looking it up

op, i dont know much about lsd, but psychedelics in general kinda of work the same. my knowledge is mostly in the mushroom and cacti department. i imagine it's not much different from lsd, and perhaps even more of a challenge.. *shrugs*

depending on the experience you may or may not feel a bit spacey for a few days, or even months, but again it depends on the amount you took or how prepared and experience you were. good experiences will last for years, bad ones could last just as long lol. depends how you heandle yourself.

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

InvisibleHobozen
 User Gallery

Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: zZZz]
    #20008350 - 05/19/14 02:54 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

fried mind sort of resembles fried food, it isn't healthy, but it has its sensory moments

Offliner00tuuu123
Now I'm just really piseed
 User Gallery

Loc: I'll be there in a minute
Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: Adden]
    #20008363 - 05/19/14 03:00 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

You forgot the ckicken. but I only want thighs and backs.

--------------------
:kingcrankey: Please report me to a Mod for hurting your punk ass hippie feelings :flipthebird: And all time Champion thread killer.:thatsayes:

Offlineblackhawk
Newton's Law of Majesticity
I'm a teapot

Loc: Where Jimmies are Rustled
Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: zZZz]
    #20008455 - 05/19/14 03:54 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

zZZz said:

I'm lovin the alterations to these

--------------------

Invisiblekoraks
    #20008505 - 05/19/14 04:24 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
The brain chemistry should return to normal coinciding with the elimination of the drug from blood serum. Half-life of LSD is 3-5 hours. Your brain chemistry will be abnormal for as long as significant concentrations remain in your blood serum, which for common doses is 5-12 hours, for heavy doses 12-48.

I wonder if this is true. It appears to make sense if you take this statement at face value, but if you dig deeper, does it really? Consider 'brain chemistry' as a sort of metastable system that exhibits some form of goal-seeking behavior to its normal state. External stimuli can disturb it, resulting in fluctuations of the availability and location of neurotransmitters. The question is how long it takes before such a disturbance has played out and the system reaches its normal state again (complicated by the fact that this normal state is in itself a state of constant flux).

I doubt that in all individuals, the brain 'snaps' into its normal state again as soon as the external stimulus has been taken away. We know that in some people, drugs (psychedelic or otherwise) can trigger a prolonged state of psychosis - apparently, their brains take a lot longer (perhaps forever) to reach baseline again. The phenomenon of 'suicide Tuesday' in MDMA users is another example of the brain taking longer to recover than the time needed for the actual stimulant to be removed from the body.
Speaking from personal experience, I notice that even a mild psilocybin trip generally takes me 2-3 days to get back to where I left off.

Some people may be of the conviction that psychedelics are in some way holier or cleaner than other types of drugs, in the sense that they would have fewer or no neurological after-effects. I happen to not be one of those people.

InvisiblezZZz
jesus
I'm a teapot User Gallery

Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: blackhawk] * 1
    #20008515 - 05/19/14 04:30 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

blackhawk said:
Quote:

zZZz said:

I'm lovin the alterations to these

heh i didnt notice that one at first. thanx man. more to come. btw those are garfields teeth

--------------------
https://discord.gg/NHHd5y2Uyv

Free sVs!
Female

Re: how long for my brain chemistry come back to normal after lsd [Re: koraks]
    #20008616 - 05/19/14 05:58 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

koraks said:
Quote:

BlindSophist said:

I wonder if this is true. It appears to make sense if you take this statement at face value, but if you dig deeper, does it really? Consider 'brain chemistry' as a sort of metastable system that exhibits some form of goal-seeking behavior to its normal state. External stimuli can disturb it, resulting in fluctuations of the availability and location of neurotransmitters. The question is how long it takes before such a disturbance has played out and the system reaches its normal state again (complicated by the fact that this normal state is in itself a state of constant flux).

I doubt that in all individuals, the brain 'snaps' into its normal state again as soon as the external stimulus has been taken away. We know that in some people, drugs (psychedelic or otherwise) can trigger a prolonged state of psychosis - apparently, their brains take a lot longer (perhaps forever) to reach baseline again. The phenomenon of 'suicide Tuesday' in MDMA users is another example of the brain taking longer to recover than the time needed for the actual stimulant to be removed from the body.
Speaking from personal experience, I notice that even a mild psilocybin trip generally takes me 2-3 days to get back to where I left off.

Some people may be of the conviction that psychedelics are in some way holier or cleaner than other types of drugs, in the sense that they would have fewer or no neurological after-effects. I happen to not be one of those people.

While I appreciate your comprehensive response to the first half of my post, this is why I went on to draw a distinction between the neurochemical abnormality caused by LSD and the physiological and psychological tax of having been on LSD.

I would be surprised if two people experiencing a similar type of persistent psychosis, one precipitated by LSD and the other naturally, actually showed significantly different patterns in terms of neurological structure and chemistry. At this point, the brain chemistry has returned to "normal" for the subject. The impact of LSD on the brain, in this case, is not directly attributable to LSD.

I have no doubt as to the capacity for LSD to precipitate psychosis in users, but I have a lot of doubt regarding the capacity of LSD to actually cause psychosis. I have no history of mental illness in my family and I live a very privileged lifestyle; and I have experienced separate clinical psychoses as induced by mushrooms as well as by methamphetamine, and just from my subjective experiences, I can tell you that one is not like the other. Mushroom psychosis faded quickly; the janitors of my brain were able to quickly clean that shit up. Methamphetamine psychosis was extremely messy, and although I'm alright now, something about it just sticks. It gets better, certainly, but it doesn't really go away. Its psychological triggers stick around, even if you get past the delusions with which they have been associated.

I am sure that long-term dysfunction or schizophrenia could be triggered in a susceptible individual by psychedelics. But it could not be created, in anyone. LSD and other psychs exhibit no neurotoxicity what so ever, whereas methamphetamine and several other "dirty" drugs have the capacity to cause lasting harm to the mind through oxidative stress placed upon synapses by excessive concentrations of dopamine.

So, I guess I would happen to be one of those people who lives with the conviction that psychedelics are, if not holier, then certainly cleaner than "other types of drugs", depending on which exactly those are. Perhaps a cup of coffee, or the occasional bowl is cleaner than psychedelics, but that is where I draw the line. The risk for lasting damage to the brain posed by psychedelics is on the order of magnitude of zero compared to that of one or two posed by any drug with direct dopaminergic activity.

Edited by Sophistic Radiance (05/19/14 06:08 AM)

Invisiblekoraks
    #20008628 - 05/19/14 06:03 AM (9 years, 10 months ago)

Quote:

BlindSophist said:
I have no doubt as to the capacity for LSD to precipitate psychosis in users

So we agree on that.

Could you describe how you see the 'physiological and psychological tax of having been on LSD' in relation to neurochemistry?

Jump to top Pages: 1 | 2 | Next >  [ show all ]

Shop: Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies