Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinethelox
Trip Report: 12 grams for a return trip
    #2000168 - 10/11/03 12:47 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

First a little background information. I've been taking mushrooms for about 4 years now. I have tripped about 50+ times, most of which have been at high doses. When I first started I would only take maybe 3.5 grams on average, but then I worked my way up to 7 gram doses. At the height of my usage I was doing 7 grams on average every 3 weeks for about a year and a half. I have had the most profound experiences including ego loss. Unfortunately about 8 months ago I began to find 7 grams just didn't have the same effect it once did. After this realization I had tripped maybe 4 times on 7 grams with disapointing results. I'd get a killer buzz, walls breathing, words shifting around, yet it had nearly little effect on my mental state. It wasn't like before where I would be completely outside myself. So I felt prehaps I had surpassed all I could possibly learn from the mushroom.

Fast forward to last Monday, after inquiring if a friend's hookup had shrooms a few days prior I finally recieve a call saying they are in. Overjoyed, I get a half ounce on spot for $75 until Thursday. This is a much better price than I usually pay, though my other source only will sell up to quarters to maximize his profit I suppose. I don't know what species these were, though some of the caps had a gold/bronze look to them, as well the usually white stem, with some blue staining and a few grams of near powder. That night I made a tea with about 7 grams, but I put way to much water in the pot with the shrooms and ended up having about a litre or more of excess water I didn't need for my one cup of tea. I put the extra water in the freezer to cool and did drink it after the tea though. Now I had now weed this night which was a downer. Again I was having a decent trip, but nother mind-blowing. I watched tv for a while, then laid in the dark with my eyes closed listening to shpongle which was enjoyable, but still lacking. I chewed a couple more grams about 2 hours after intial injestion, though this didn't do much to increase the experience. I ended up just staying up watching tv, though I did have a good time, this was not what I had once experienced.(that being a complete psychadelic experience)

Now I had about 4 grams left the next day, which I had planned to sell to a friend. By the next day I decided to give it what more shot with shrooms, an all or nothing kind of thing. Instead of selling those extra 4 grams I hold on to them and in addition buy another 7 grams for $40. The plan was now set in motion for friday evening's trip. As luck would have it I had another friend willing to trade me 1 gram to smoke a fatty with him, which I did giving me a total of 12 grams. So Friday night (last night--full moon) gets here, it's 10:30pm and I'm ready to dose now that my parents are sleeping upstairs. I would say I had about 4 grams a near powder and 8 grams of caps and stems. At 10:30 I proceed to still the 4 grams of powder into a large glass of orange juice and chugged that mofo back. Suprisingly it didn't taste all too bad, kind of pulpy. In the meantime I have my water boiling, which I carefully estimated how much I would need to compensate for evaporation due to the piss poor job I did last time. 20 mins later and my tea is ready into which I poor enough warm so that I can put it down fast while chewing mouthfulls of soggy shrooms. I watch the Simpsons and King of the Hill on my comeup noting that I am starting to feel stronger effects than I had in a while on shrooms. Thank Jebus I had lots of weed that I had bone dried so that I could do 'shutes throughout the night. My room is also equipped for tripping with 3 black light posters (one of a fractal spiral and one of the elf land with shrooms growing and these 2 elves brewing some kind of tea) also I have a two foot tall device called a double helix which has a black tube light in the back and flourescent strings that rotate in clockwise and counter clockwise direction. As well a black light blastic spiral that hangs from my ceiling with this ball that rotates in it and appears to floating. This has another black light directly underneath it.

I do maybe 3 or 4 fat 'shutes while watching the original Scooby Doo from the '60's which I have recently discovered and just love to watch while high. I felt like a kid laughing so hard at this Scooby Do show, especially the weird laughs and faces Scooby Doo makes and the villian. The colours were so psychadelic. I remember thinking before I started having a period where the trip went bad thinking there should be laws against tv shows being this funny. Now I'm having a blast and I decide I should do another 'chute, but as I'm packing I notice I'm starting to loose it, blacking in and out and my vision is getting messed. Walls are spiraling and everything is blending in and out and alive. I'm having difficulty even understanding what I am seeing as if I'm seeing right through what's there even though I know my eyes are open, it's just not registering. I recall this being a trademark of intense trips and decide the Scooby Doo just won't do, as he is starting to freak me out, being to much to handle. So I change the channel and lay with my eyes staring at my wall because the tv is just too much. (the wall wasn't much better) Then I have that thought, the thought that I get right before a trip turns sour. "I don't feel so great. My stomach is killing me. Did I take too much? Just chill man, it'll pass." I recognize the warning signs and try to relax myself by breathing deeply and consciously. "I'm going to forget to breath! I'm getting all hot, drink some water. Get up man, get a cold towel on your head. Am I dying? Oh fuck I think I'm dying. This is it, this is what happens when you are dying, there is some kind of altert triggered and it's been triggered, I know, somehow I know. Didn't this happen before? Yeah, but this time it's real. Pull yourself together, don't lay down you're going to pass out and die! What do I do! I remember make yourself thowup, that's supposed to help, at least I think it helped when this happened before. Didn't I read people say they've felt better after throwing up? Ok get up now and do it!"

Fortunately these thoughts passed after about half an hour, though it felt like an eternity. I watched a little tv that got my mind off negative thoughts until I felt ok again. I smoked a couple more 'chutes and was still tripping hard, but not in a negative way. I lay back down a sunk into the "ocean" I could see people, children all gathered together, I couldn't make out what they were doing, though they seemed to be trying to communicate with me. I remember thinking that it should be determined exactly what a human body and a human mind needs to strive and everything in our power should be done to do this. That it is ridiculous, the games we play. That the world is our story, and that we can write it anyway we wish as a race. I realized the infinite possibilities that have been, is and will be. The true tranisent nature of reality, that we are normally incapable of preceiving due to our humanity.
I felt the trip was everything I could have hoped for. It's almost like surviving a bad trip is like a badge of honour. It's like a battle. It seems at high levels of tripping the "bad trip" isn't something that can always be avoiding no matter how experienced you think you are. I felt that after the "bad trip" part of my journey was over that when you think you are dying it is really you're ego that is temporarily dying and you must realize this or you will confuse this for physical death. I was seeing rainbow swirls everywhere especially in the dark, which was beutiful

I ended up falling asleep to a tape of Simpsons episodes about 6 am and woke up at 10. I smoked some bud today and still kind of feeling it. Anyway I would appreciate and comments and I thank those who took the time to read!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineT0aD
Stranger

Re: Trip Report: 12 grams for a return trip [Re: thelox]
    #2000183 - 10/11/03 01:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Nice report, thanks for sharing.
Arent such high dosage trips brain damaging ?
:smile:

--------------------
Cuba Libre

Offlinethelox
Re: Trip Report: 12 grams for a return trip [Re: T0aD]
    #2000225 - 10/11/03 01:28 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

T0aD said:
Nice report, thanks for sharing.
Arent such high dosage trips brain damaging ?
:smile: 

I'll let you know in a few days, I've never done this much before. j/k
Well at least with 7 and 8 gram doses I feel fine after 2 days.  I don't feel less intelligent than before I had begun taking shrooms. In fact in the years since I started using I've had such a thirst for knowledge and it excites be to think that I could live a long life in learn so much more. 

OfflineBuzzDoctor
Runs withscissors
Male

Loc: Atlantis
    #2001266 - 10/11/03 09:29 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I'm glad you made it thru your experience ok. It does sadden me that you use mushrooms as just an intense high tho. The experience can really be much deeper and more spiritual if it's not just used as a drug but as a teacher. I consider it to be sacred.
Peace
Buzz

--------------------
Is the glass half-full or half-empty? I say it is both.

Offlinewrestler_az
PsiLLy BiLLy
Male User Gallery

Loc: day dreams of a mad man
    #2001815 - 10/12/03 02:00 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"I don't feel so great. My stomach is killing me. Did I take too much? Just chill man, it'll pass." I recognize the warning signs and try to relax myself by breathing deeply and consciously. "I'm going to forget to breath! I'm getting all hot, drink some water. Get up man, get a cold towel on your head. Am I dying? Oh fuck I think I'm dying. This is it, this is what happens when you are dying, there is some kind of altert triggered and it's been triggered, I know, somehow I know. Didn't this happen before? Yeah, but this time it's real. Pull yourself together, don't lay down you're going to pass out and die! What do I do! I remember make yourself thowup, that's supposed to help, at least I think it helped when this happened before. Didn't I read people say they've felt better after throwing up? Ok get up now and do it!"

lol, reading this brought back SO many memories!!! :lol:

anyway, im glad you got what you were looking for. i like to think that there is no such thing as a "bad" trip. (for me anyways) no mater how weird or intence the trip may get, when all is said and done with i still had a blast, and possibly learned something and to me that cant be bad. i too like to trip with at least 7 or 8 grams...i want the whole effect damn it! to me 3 or 4 grams is just a tease...  :smirk: 

--------------------
how's your WOW?

Edited by yageman (04/20/06 4:20 PM) 

Offlinethelox
Re: Trip Report: 12 grams for a return trip [Re: BuzzDoctor]
    #2002055 - 10/12/03 07:29 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

BuzzDoctor said:
I'm glad you made it thru your experience ok. It does sadden me that you use mushrooms as just an intense high tho. The experience can really be much deeper and more spiritual if it's not just used as a drug but as a teacher. I consider it to be sacred.
Peace
Buzz

I'm sorry you got this impression. I have so much respect for the mushroom. Sometimes those intese highs can be the most prfound and although I in no way enjoyed when my trip went bad while it was occuring I still apreciated it for the experience alone. My fear was that I could never experiece that "mystical experience" that speration from self that they can produce. I had not been able to reach it in some time and this was my last swing at it. I also do not use them at the frequency I once did. On average maybe 2-3 months apart now. I've taken a interest in my dreams again as they share similarities with such experiences.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract