Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBoobylip
Seeker ofShrooms

Loc: Afgahnistan
How Does This Sound?
    #1995638 - 10/09/03 11:05 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Okay,
First of all I should let you guys know that I'm tottaly new at this. However I have been reading posts, Teks, and all the information I could get my hands on for the past month. I have been wanting to grow my own shrooms for so long, and now I'm finally going to do it.

So here is what I plan to do.

After I get 100% colonization out of 10-12 of my 1/2 pint jars.
I plan to case them in a 20-gallon dual chambered terrarium.
And a 10-gallon aquarium dual chambered terrarium.
Both of them will have a heating pad on the bottom and a hood with a 25-watt bulb on the top.
I plan to use the Coir-Casing TEK. Using the 70/30 coir/verm on the bottom, 1 1/2 inch thick, and coir on the top 1 1/2 inch thick as well.

I'm planning to mist them both every day, 5-6 squarts for the 10 gallon, and 10-12 for the 20 gallon. The reason for this is that its going to be a small spraying bottle.

So here are my questions.
I will cover the terrariums with hoods, while the mycelium pokes through, and afterwards I will open one of the glass tops while turning on the light now every 8 hours.
So is it possible to just leave them in there to fruit?
And how do you think this whole thing would work?

Please let me know what you guys think...........

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
InvisibleHanky
wiffle bat.
Male User Gallery
Loc: Great Southern Land.
Re: How Does This Sound? [Re: Boobylip]
    #1995652 - 10/09/03 11:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

heater pads suck...one of those bitches caused thermal death in 6 of my jars....if you need heat i'd suggest a double tub+aquarium heater...see magash' method...you can incubate them at 85 for a few days then drop them down to fruiting temps (70-75)...very easy if your aqua heater has a remote temp control like mine does.

and' id be inclined to use an aquarium air pump for air exchange instead of leaving the lid off.

--------------------
Coaster is an idiot...
[quote]Coaster said:
but i thnk everything thats pure is white?
[/quote]

Invisiblemicro
bunbun has a gungun
Male User Gallery

Loc: Brick City
Re: How Does This Sound? [Re: Hanky]
    #1995707 - 10/09/03 11:35 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

1.) Make sure the bulb of the thermometer is directly on the source of heat that is in contact with your jars. Don't let anything that's touching the substrate get more than a few degrees above 85 F.

2.) Wait 5 days to a week after they look fully colonized.

3.) Leaving them to fruit is fine, as long as it's at fruiting temps and the heat from the light bulb isn't drying out your casings.

4.) I agree with hanky; using a space heater or something to get the *air* around the jars to the temp you want is a lot more even than trying to heat them from the bottom.

--
Micro

--------------------
Any research paper or book for free
(Avatar is Maxxy, a character by Mizzyam, RIP)

OfflineBoobylip
Seeker ofShrooms

#1995774 - 10/09/03 11:58 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Okay so just to make sure I got this right and ready to go.

I use 70 coir / 30 verm on the bottom 1 1/2 inch thick on the bottom.
Break the mycelium into pieces. Put it in the middle.
And cover it with more moist coir. (1 1/2 inch?)

Put a bottle with a 150 watt tank in the one corner of the 20 gallon terrarium.
I have a question about this, how do I get the cord out of the way? Wouldn't there be a small hole where the cord for the heater goes? Or should I cut a small hole in the plastic?

Once I see the whole bottom colonized with mycelium.
Another question how many jars do u think I need for a 20 gallon tank. Now wide, but the tall kind.
I will stick a bubbler in the bottle as well, and provide for air exchange during fruiting. At this time I will turn off the heater so that I could shock them and they pin. Once they pin I bring the tempature back up. From then on I fan them everyday, 2 times a day. Mist them a 2 times a day with 10-12 squirts. Until harvest.
And one last question what do I do to get a second and third flush?

Offlinesea_of_weed
Devil without acause
Loc: Planet Earth
    #1995784 - 10/10/03 12:02 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

what strain?

OfflineBoobylip
Seeker ofShrooms

Re: How Does This Sound? [Re: sea_of_weed]
    #1995797 - 10/10/03 12:07 AM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I will be using the B+ strain if I can get my hands on one. I live in California.

OfflineBoobylip
Seeker ofShrooms

#1998355 - 10/10/03 06:14 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Any answers would help?
Thanks guys!

Offlinethisone
the one theydon't see

#1998624 - 10/10/03 08:30 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

dunk and double case to get good 2nd and third flushes. Otherwise just harvest all abhorts and they will come in some time. 150 watt heater is crazy. Way more than you need but if it's all you got I'm sure you can figure it out. You won't even need it though if your house is at around 75 degress. Don't understand your question about the 20 gallon thing. Could you clarify?

--------------------
Everything written above this line is completely false. I am terribly bored and write here to pass time. I do not participate or support any illegal activity.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Buy Bali Kratom Powder   Kraken Kratom Red Vein Kratom   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Mix   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags