Home | Community | Message Board

Avalon Magic Plants
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlineblind_guardian
shroom-head
Loc: Vernon, BC
ID Please
    #1985451 - 10/06/03 10:37 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

There are some mushrooms growing on my front lawn that look somewat suspicious. I can not currently get a picture, as the ones currently growing are very young, and their caps are sort of sealed balls that expand as they mature. Anyways, they are growing in plain old grass, the older they get the deeper color their gills are, going from pale pink to deep purple/brown/black, the biggest cap was about 4 inches diameter, with a short (about 2 inches at the biggest) but fat little stem (about a half inch thick). The cap is a golden-brown in the middle, which also spreads throughout the cap with age, and the stem is sollid, all white.

I can not currently take a spore print, not until they mature anyways, and when I do I'l post a pic here. I havnt noticed any bruising on the large ones I picked, and they smell very strongly of mushroom, and give off a weird stale-mushroomy scent when they are drying. Also, the brown on the cap turns to gold when they are dried.

Pictures will be posted as soon as one is mature enough to demonstarte the above description. Thanks for any help.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisibleangryshroom
Stranger
 User Gallery

Re: ID Please [Re: blind_guardian]
    #1985467 - 10/06/03 10:41 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

A random guess as of now would be some sort of Agaricus.

Post pictures when you get a chance!

OfflineToxicManM
Bite me, it's fun!
 User Gallery

Loc: Aurora, Colorado
Trusted Identifier
Re: ID Please [Re: angryshroom]
    #1985528 - 10/06/03 11:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I agree with angry.

Those sound like Agaricus.

Take a fresh one and cut it in half vertically and scrape the inside with your knife edge to bruise it. Let us know about any color changes (which can take up to an hour).

Also, I know you tried smelling it, but try crushing the base of the stem and sniffing there. Sometimes that helps bring out a faint odor.

Keep us posted.

Happy mushrooming!

--------------------
Happy mushrooming!

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   Myyco.com Golden Teacher Liquid Culture For Sale   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies