Home | Community | Message Board

MagicBag Grow Bags
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
OfflineMightyQuinn
Eskimo
Loc: United States
Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad
    #1981366 - 10/05/03 01:14 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

From the BBC... sounds like not my kind of scene tho i don't mean to sound like a square...

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/3156048.stm

Anyone with any insight on what's in the tablets? I've only seen this article...

--------------------
everybody's gonna want a dose.

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: MightyQuinn]
    #1981590 - 10/05/03 02:49 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

the fuck ?

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Anonymous

#1981887 - 10/05/03 05:23 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

wtf?

OfflineLearyfanS
It's the psychedelic movement!
Male User Gallery

Loc: High pride!
Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: ]
    #1982097 - 10/05/03 07:05 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

I wonder if this is an attempt by the media to make things over there look better by saying that drugs are the problem and that the people don't really hate the Americans that bad.

Hmmmm

--------------------
--------------------------------

Mp3 of the month:  Sons Of Adam - Feathered Fish

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
    #1982400 - 10/05/03 09:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Fuck,this drug use is an epidemic,just look at that kid huffing paint!
I mean,screw the pistol he's holding,the little fucker is a dope head.

On a more serious note,during Al Quaida raids they found truckloads of alprazolam (Xanax). If I was going to be shot and bombed,I think I'd want some Xanies too.

But what the hell? Maybe they should worry about rebuilding some infastructure and securing food and water for these people before they worry about drugs.

If I lived in that shithole,I'd probably be doing every single drug I could get my hands on.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

Anonymous

Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: Learyfan]
    #1982669 - 10/05/03 10:45 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

the media would like things to look as bad as they can.

InvisibleMrMaddHatter
Dementia praecox
 User Gallery

Loc: Everywhere
    #1982704 - 10/05/03 11:01 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Its says hallucinogenic tablets, but I bet its "yabba"(methamphetamine tablets) which is popular in the far east.
That or PCP :crazy2:
Who knows :shake:

InvisibleTinMan
Stranger

Loc: Russia
    #1983968 - 10/06/03 01:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Drug crisis grips Baghdad

A drugs epidemic and accompanying crime wave is sweeping Baghdad.
A boom in supply of hallucinogenic tablets has been coupled with the release of tens of thousands of criminals from prison before the US-led invasion to create a huge problem for the fledgling Iraqi police force.

As well as the tablets, drugs like Valium and sleeping pills - in common use in Iraqi jails - are being used. The euphoria and lack of fear provided by the drugs, the police say, is giving desperate criminals the courage to carry out more crimes.

"The release of those prisoners was a crime - a crime against me, against all Iraqis," Omar Zahed, the leader of the Iraq police's anti-drugs squad, told BBC World Service's Outlook programme.

"There has been a big increase in crime, and the released prisoners have started involving other people as well.

"Most of our criminals take these tablets before they act. It stops them feeling any scruples or fear.

"When the effects wear off, they forget what they did. It has caused a huge increase in crime."

Tough penalty call

Mr Zahed said that the tablets were of huge concern to the police force - and that their presence in Iraq was the result of a well-planned international criminal effort.

"They only appeared in this country about two years ago," he stated.

"We did a study and discovered it was a sabotage operation from outside Iraq. It had to be - because at first the tablets were coming in at a totally uneconomical price, just a few US cents per strip.

"Most of the tablets came in over our Eastern boarder with Iran. Our people used them and they have become part of a very profitable trade.

"There is an enormous mark-up on the price."

Mr Zahed said there were around 10-15 types of tablets. He added that some marijuana also came in, but it was not commonly used as it was very expensive.

He stressed that the police needed to be able to enforce tougher penalties in order to deal with the problem.

"At the moment the penalty for trading these tablets is a fine, or at the most a three-month prison sentence," he said.

"Before the war we were drafting a new law with much tougher penalties. I just hope that legislation is put in place."

Mr Zahed's claims of the effects of the drugs were backed up by Mohammed, a tablet user and former prisoner.

"One type of tablet is called Lebanon - when I take it I see Lebanon. I've never been there, but it's in the tablet," he told Outlook.

"I used to see bad things as well. I used to have terrible nightmares and be filled with fear.

"I dream of sex. When you take a tablet it makes you desperate. I attack women.

"You get a friend or a neighbour, or you get a weapon and kill someone, but you are not aware of your actions."

Collapsed system

Among the users, some of the street addicts are very young.

Teenagers and younger children sniffing paint thinner or correction fluid is a common sight.

"The other day I saw a five-year-old child on the street carrying a bag of correction fluid - it was awful," one Baghdad cafe owner said.

"But he was just copying the older children."

The cafe owner said that the explosion in drug use was due to the anarchy that had hit some parts of the capital after the fall of Saddam Hussein.

"You didn't see gangs of children on the streets before the war," he said.

"Some of them come from homes and orphanages, because the whole system has collapsed."

People should at least be old enough to know what damages a drug causes before using it. This is just insane...

Offlinelowercase
Drifter

Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: TinMan]
    #1985561 - 10/06/03 11:21 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

i gotta get me somma dat shit

--------------------
That is not dead which can eternal lie;
And with strange aeons even death may die.

Offlineceephax
Tapeworm

Loc: Gastrointestinal track
Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: lowercase]
    #2003342 - 10/12/03 07:24 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

If those tablets were PCP, then the Iraqis would have utterly destroyed the U.S. troops...

--------------------
What am I saying? I'm not even Chinese!

OfflineDailyPot
Trip'n Time

Loc: Florida
Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: ceephax]
    #2009130 - 10/14/03 05:53 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

Quote:

ceephax said:
If those tablets were PCP, then the Iraqis would have utterly destroyed the U.S. troops... 

Because of what the media says about PCP? :rolleyes: 

Invisibletheshiftingwalls
Divine state

Loc: Residing in thee Universa...
    #2016782 - 10/17/03 12:03 AM (20 years, 5 months ago)

This is all what the boy really sees... Said thing really what its like down there.

OfflineAuroricDistortions
~~~~~~~
 User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Polar Springs
Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: theshiftingwalls]
    #2017829 - 10/17/03 12:04 PM (20 years, 5 months ago)

"He added that some marijuana also came in, but it was not commonly used as it was very expensive."

poor Iraqis  :sad: 

--------------------

Offlinemonoamine
umask 077(nonefor you)

Loc: Jacksonville,FL
Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: DailyPot]
    #2061871 - 10/31/03 10:44 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

Because of what the media says about PCP?

Seriously,PCP would be the last thing I would want to be on while fighting heavily armed soldiers.

--------------------
People think that if you just say the word "hallucinations" it explains everything you want it to explain and eventually whatever it is you can't explain will just go away.It's just a word,it doesn't explain anything...
Douglas Adams

OfflineLightningfractal
Nutcase

Loc: Heaven and Hell
Re: Drug Crisis Grips Baghdad [Re: AuroricDistortions]
    #2062704 - 11/01/03 12:58 PM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Quote:

"One type of tablet is called Lebanon - when I take it I see Lebanon. I've never been there, but it's in the tablet," he told Outlook.

Yeah, I wan't one of those! Except, gimme an Amsterdam one.

So is this what happened to all the LSD that was supposed to be going around the USA? They said they were "strips", sounds like LSD to me, plus, guys are going "to Lebanon" on these? I mean, come on, sounds like some Jerry Garcia quality shit to me.

--------------------
Hi how's it going, wanna kick Heroin basically painlessly on your own, in your own house, without any government "help" ,or the "help" of a crazy condescending, judgmental medical doctor? Read this:

https://www.shroomery.org/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Board=42&Number=7342616&page=0&fpart=all

InvisibleZero7a1
Leaving YourWasteland

Loc: Passing Cloud
    #2067550 - 11/03/03 09:09 AM (20 years, 4 months ago)

Yeah, Iraq just got rid of a horrible dictator, and these people say that kids walking around huffing paint is horrible? Sounds like a load of shit to me. HOw often do you see little kids sniffing the magic markers? I mean COME ON! Kids get high.... kids are always high, they are aalways doing crazy stuff. It has nothing to do with the fact they are "druggies". This looks to me like more people trying to make it look like drugs are the bad guys, yes, guns are horrible too, it has nothing to do with the people who use them  :smirk: . We ought to start holding the drugs responsible, seriously, so if someone seized a pound of weed, it ought to be handcuffed and taken to court, sworn in and given a testimony. After the pound has been convicted... it goes to the burning chambers... :lol: 

--------------------
What?

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Autoflowering Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   Unfolding Nature Unfolding Nature: Being in the Implicate Order   Kraken Kratom Kratom Capsules for Sale