Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Melting mushrooms
    #1977500 - 10/03/03 09:00 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

I found this weird mushroom growing in some fertilized grass near my house. There's lots of shade, and the grass is really green. There hasn't been much rain in my area, but lots of dew on the grass.
When I first saw it I kicked it gently with my toe, and there was goo(dark blue/purple) on my shoe. I inspected them a little more until some nosy people start looking around. I left them. And a couple days later I came back and took this one. It's from the lawn in front of my friends house, so I don't think I'll run into any troubles.
The cap is about an inch and a half across, and the stem is 8 inches long. It's very sturdy. I've yet to inspect the gills or take a spore print because the darn thing started dripping everywhere. I'm not expecting this to be active or anything, but if it is then I'll be a very happy camper. It's probably poison as heck, so I made sure to wash my hands really well after handeling it. I'll try to take some cleared pictures tomorrow if anyone wants me to. If this were a mushroom id request, would I need to post anything more, besides a spore print? Ohh, and sorry for the poor image quality. I need a better camera. :crazy:

I live in Vancouver Island, BC, Canada. I've done mushrooms a couple times and I'm planning on growing. Soaked up lots of knowlage from these forums. Thanks in advance. This place is really great. 

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineMagmaManiac
Stranger
 User Gallery

Loc: 352
Re: Melting mushrooms [Re: browndustin]
    #1977506 - 10/03/03 09:03 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Coprinus genus. the species i cant tell, need more details or better pictures. which details i dont know off the top of my head, but non-melting specimens would be a lot better.

spore print is not necessary. if you took the mushroom before it melted and took a spore print, it would have come out black. all Coprinus have black spore prints. they are in the Coprinaceae genus which also include the Panaeolus (also having black spore prints.)

Offlinebrowndustin
dustybuddy

Re: Melting mushrooms [Re: MagmaManiac]
    #1977525 - 10/03/03 09:11 PM (20 years, 6 months ago)

Ahh thanks man. I'll see what I can dig up now that I know the genus.

Afaik, all the mushrooms there were 'melting'. There's lots of dead ones, and there's one that isn't open yet. I'll check back tomorrow and see what I can do.

The caps on the older mushrooms were really awesome looking. I just wished I had taken a picture that day. Thanks for the help. Very quick.

--------------------
When the stress burns my brain it's like acid raindrops
maryjane is the only thing that makes the pain stop

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract   Mushroom-Hut Substrate Bags   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Myyco.com Pan Cyan Liquid Culture For Sale   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder