Home | Community | Message Board

This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Anonymous

Re: Legal Forum suggestion
    #197696 - 05/18/99 04:18 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

i agree... it couldn't hurt!

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
OfflineShadow
enthusiast
    #197698 - 05/18/99 06:04 PM (24 years, 10 months ago)

Sounds good to me.

Anonymous

#197699 - 05/20/99 04:56 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

I think a legal forum is a great idea,we
are after all living in dangerous times.The
DEA,narc types like busting people like us
the best.Most of us being non violent
intelligent people they figure they can
mess us up easier than some insane crack head
carring an uzi.It would be a great service
to the people of the shroomery if they knew
exactly what goes on and what there rights
are down to the letter.

OfflineYthanA
ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ
Male User Gallery

Loc: NY/MA/VT Borderlands
    #197700 - 05/20/99 05:24 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

Hey there. This idea has been brought up a couple of times, and personally I think it's a pretty good one. I was on the verge of creating such a forum the other night, but #shroomery talked me out of it. Their concerns were:

1. The forum would hardly get any traffic

and

2. Since the Shroomery isn't frequented by many lawyers, accurate legal information might be scarce. Inaccurate information could lead to busts.

On the first point, I agree. Everyone who has replied to this thread thinks it's a great idea, but there have only been four replies in five days. Certainly, I feel the Shroomery should promote awareness of the legalities of persuing an alternative lifestyle, but it's not exactly like Off-Topic Discussion is becoming cluttered with all the posts about legal issues. People, if you want a legal forum, speak up! I'm happy to create one if there's enough interest to warrant it.

The second point isn't as convincing to me. There's always going to be bunk advice...in fact, following bunk advice in the Mushroom Hunting forum could lead to death. It should be a given that whenever the stakes are high, you verify any information you glean off the 'net.

Anyway, just some thoughts.

------------------
Ythan
Founder of the Shroomery

Zen is the madman yelling: "If you wanta tell me that the stars are not words, then stop calling them stars!"
- Jack Kerouac

Anonymous

#197701 - 05/20/99 09:21 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

A couple of thoughts along those lines (I've been for ideas like this before)... firstly, I think that there aren't enough people who concern themselves with the Suggestions forum, or just aren't vocal enough to respond either way. Second, I think there would be enough traffic to merit it on our own little scale as long as we didn't over shoot too bad or get too heavy handed with information, and something like that would be the basis of a greater legal range, since that could help attract people who might have those types of knowledges, help make people interested in the busts, in their rights, in their laws of their own country. Just my opinions on the matter.

------------------
"If rain brings wind of change let it rain on us forever."
VNV Nation, Solitary

Anonymous

#197702 - 05/21/99 09:22 AM (24 years, 9 months ago)

It is true that there haven't been many posts on this topic here in the suggestion forum, but there have been 38 posts in 8 days in the drug labs and religious sanctity threads, both of which deal with legal issues.

I don't buy the second argument either. Its not that hard to find accurate legal information (such as cases from state supreme courts, appelate courts, and US supreme ct ) on the internet. The problem is that its scattered about and it takes a lot of time. Gathering the info together here might help those who are interested educate themselves. If not a separate forum, maybe some links to relevant cases? Such cases might include psilocybin possession, vagueness challenges of controlled substances stautes as they relate to psilocybin and mushrooms, search and seizure issues, and religious claims.

As a newcomer to the shroomery, I'm incredibly impressed with what I've seen! Thanks Ythan.

Offlinegeorgewash
old hand
    #197703 - 05/26/99 12:57 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

First time I've checked suggestion forum in a long time...Legal Forum sounds great and could probably help a lot of people
georgewashing

InvisiblePsiloKitten
Ganja Goddess

#197704 - 05/26/99 10:05 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

Ythan, you aren't convinced by my skillful presentation of what kinda idiotic info that could be given huh? My point is this...the "mission statement" of the Shroomery is to stop the misinformation pertaining to magic mushrooms. Last time I took a tally we didn't have alot of lawyers on board...well, I suppose we might..anything is possible. Anyhoo, how would anyone be able to moderate that forum and be helpful when blatent misinfo is given? Perhaps a greater task would be asking the shroomerites as a whole to maybe search their state law site and see if they could come up with any info re: psilocybin mushrooms... such as...
This is the info pertaining to psilocybin mushrooms for the state of Texas. Go to Search and enter psilocybin.
Then we could take all of the links and make a legal info page. Just an idea. :smile:

[This message has been edited by PsiloKitten (edited May 27, 1999).]

--------------------

Anonymous

#197705 - 05/27/99 06:28 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

That's what I'm thinking as well. A Q&A type forum wouldn't be very helpful, but a collection of links to accurate info would be.

InvisibleAphex
Co-Webmaster
    #197706 - 05/27/99 09:06 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

Enough interest has been voiced to create a seperate section for legal stuff. If you have any information about any having to do with mushrooms and th law, please send it to Aphex-Shroom@usa.net. As soon as enough information is gathered, a new section will be posted. Later.

------------------
Aphex
Co-Webmaster of The Shroomery
Aphex-Shroom@usa.net

Anonymous

#197707 - 05/27/99 09:44 PM (24 years, 9 months ago)

as someone who has done significant "time" in the legal system I can vouch for the fact that lawyers haven't cornered the market on "good advice"...maybe you could post a disclaimer that the legal forum does NOT hold itself out to be legal advice but rather a place to discuss issues and try to achieve some semblance of distilled common sense from the Group Mind

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Mushroom-Hut Mono Tub Substrate   PhytoExtractum Maeng Da Thai Kratom Leaf Powder   MagicBag.co Certified Organic All-In-One Grow Bags by Magic Bag   North Spore North Spore Mushroom Grow Kits & Cultivation Supplies   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract