Home | Community | Message Board

NorthSpore.com BOOMR Bag!
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineCogDog
HitchhikingPlants
 User Gallery

PCooked agar not perfectly.Should I redo?[Urgent!]
    #19740477 - 03/24/14 11:25 AM (10 years, 7 days ago)

So I Pcooked agar with closed lid jars with a tyvec paper beneath, and pulled the valve at the end (may have contamined from air from the outside).Put the PC still closed in the fridge 3h after cooldown.

What should I do?:

A-Use the jars right away, it's okay because i will spray it inside the glove box once more

B-Pc again the same jars with the already solidified agar

C-Redo everything -it's useless and would only breed contaminated agar samples.

I have plenty of agar but only these jars.I will syringe them.What should I do?

Edited by CogDog (03/24/14 11:52 AM)

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PCooked agar not perfectly.Should I redo?[Urgent!] [Re: CogDog]
    #19740879 - 03/24/14 01:05 PM (10 years, 7 days ago)

Give us an outline of exactly what you did. I'm not quite following your procedure, but you did lots of stuff wrong.

NEVER release pressure early. Let it drop on its' own.

NEVER put your PC in the fridge. Who told you to do so?

WTF are you doing with syringes? You pour agar into petris. You might inoculate an agar dish with a syringe after it's poured and cooled.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Invisibleabltsandwich
JFK = Jelly Donut
Female User Gallery

Folding@home Statistics
Loc: Dildoville Flag
Re: PCooked agar not perfectly.Should I redo?[Urgent!] [Re: CogDog]
    #19740895 - 03/24/14 01:08 PM (10 years, 7 days ago)

If you're worried about your agar, then let it sit for a few days without touching it and see if anything grows.  The nice thing about agar, is that it can tell you all you need to know by just watching it.
But IMO you should keep your agar vessels and everything sterile the entire time you have it.  For example, start with sterile petri dishes unopened in the package.  PC your agar and pour everything in a Still Air Box or a flowhood.  Put them inside new, unopened Ziplock bags in your SAB as well.  As long as they stay sealed in that Ziplock, they're sterile.  Put dates on the bags, save yourself a headache.  Then you can use them whenever you like, just don't open the Ziplocks until they're back in a sterile environment.

I realize you're doing the no-pour and don't have petri dishes but it's not ideal.

Invisible36fuckin5
Alchemycologist

Loc: Diving into Mystical Territori...
Trusted Cultivator
Re: PCooked agar not perfectly.Should I redo?[Urgent!] [Re: abltsandwich]
    #19740931 - 03/24/14 01:14 PM (10 years, 7 days ago)

I still don't reccomend a no-pour method anyway. If you have to use jars for petris, PC the jars separately then pour them in your SAB or laminar flow.

Pouring into 1/4 pint jars is a good way to practice pouring agar without having to throw away a bunch of disposable petris. Once you get good at it, you can re-purpose your jars. I like to pop a small hole in the lid and use the for hash oil containers/dabber holders.

--------------------
Redd Foxx said:
If you're offended I don't give a shit and don't come see me no more.

Pat The Bunny said:
A punk rock song won't ever change the world, but I can tell you about a couple that changed me.

bodhisatta said:
i recommend common sense and figuring it out.

These are the TEKs I use. They're all as cheap and easy as possible, just like your mom.

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: Original Sensible Seeds Bulk Cannabis Seeds   PhytoExtractum Kratom Powder for Sale   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Injection Grain Bag