Home | Community | Message Board

Cannabis Seeds UK
This site includes paid links. Please support our sponsors.

Welcome to the Shroomery Message Board! You are experiencing a small sample of what the site has to offer. Please login or register to post messages and view our exclusive members-only content. You'll gain access to additional forums, file attachments, board customizations, encrypted private messages, and much more!

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract

Jump to first unread post Pages: 1
Some of these posts are very old and might contain outdated information. You may wish to search for newer posts instead.
OfflineBoomerZ
old hand
Re: --How do i get bigger fruits??--
    #19728 - 06/04/00 08:36 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

My freind has the same Q, exept with PFMR cased. They have already gone through a first flush..If the humidity is too high, does that make them smaller?

Extras: Filter Print Post Top
Anonymous

Re: --How do i get bigger fruits??-- [Re: BoomerZ]
    #19730 - 06/06/00 12:55 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

you need more 'water'. my friend drenched his last casing batch with water and they look fat and plump, no skinny stems or mycellium growing on the outside. another thing is that you should have good vermi, the ones that are big and can soak up alot of water. my friend switched vermi on his last batch. you have bad vermi when your your whole casing starts to shrink smaller, leaving a little slit on the side of the tupperware. my friend found out that humidity has nothing to do with skinny mushrooms or mycellium on the stems.

Anonymous

#19731 - 06/06/00 01:52 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

There is always the old trick of making a pure vermiculite reservoir in the middle of your cakes. Once the cake has colonized and started flushing, sterile water can be injected directly into the center of the cake. It is a lot easier than using drinking straws, and produces huge fruits. A good way to go about it is to take a 10-12cc syringe and cut the top off. Pull the plunger back and pack the syringe with moist vermiculite. Fill your jars as normal for the first 1/4" then set the syring in the middle and fill around it. Once the jar is nearly filled, slowly extract the syringe while depressing the plunger. This will leave a small cylinder of plain vermiculite in the center of the cake. Fill over the top of this with more substrate and seal as normal. The vermiculite in the center will not colonize. After the cake is fruiting, water can be supplemented directly to the heart of the mycelium. Back when I was growing on cakes, I got a fruit that stood 6-7" tall and thick. I couldn't fit the bastard in my little drying chamber. We sliced it up and ate it like a steak.

------------------
"It never got weird enough for me."

Anonymous

#19732 - 06/06/00 04:08 PM (23 years, 9 months ago)

SpaceFarmer, how many cc's did you inject in each cake, and how often?

Anonymous

#19733 - 06/07/00 01:55 AM (23 years, 9 months ago)

There is no set amount to inject. The cake will only take enough to saturate the vermiculite reservoir. When the reservoir is full, it will actually become difficult to inject any more. You have a pretty wide margin of error. You'll get the feel of it. :biggrin:

------------------
"It never got weird enough for me."

Jump to top Pages: 1

Shop: MagicBag.co All-In-One Bags That Don't Suck   Mushroom-Hut Liquid Cultures   North Spore Bulk Substrate   Left Coast Kratom Buy Kratom Extract